Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-23-2012, 12:23 AM   #1
cam fan

Drives: fast
cleaning GM car cover

GM PART # 92215993

Months before discovering proper detail/maintenance technique I used to cover the camaro after every use. Scratches & swirls ensued as you may imagine. I've since restored the paint a la Adam's suite of goodies.

HOWEVER, a time will soon come where I will need to store the camaro outdoors & will need to use the dirtied car cover again.

The JunkMan says I need to get the specific instructions on care, but have since tossed or lost the instructions/manual that came with the package. Can you guys help me find a digital version of this or if you have the answer, how can I get this cover up to par for use on my now well maintained paint?

TL;DR
HOW DO I CLEAN THIS CAR COVER?

Last edited by cam fan; 05-02-2013 at 09:31 AM.
cam fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:29 AM   #2
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
I know the covercraft covers you wash them at the laundry mat cause of the bigger machines. Use simple green . Air dry only . I just hung it up in my basement. took a couple days to dry that way.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:38 AM   #3
scythezo6
Virologist in the making

Drives: 2010 VR SS/RS LS3
Cam fan, if you still have the instructions that came with the cover it explains it in their. I washed mine at the laundry mat a couple years ago in one of the big ol washers. I had a lot of dirt and tire shine on it. Came out clean and looking bran new.
Old 05-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
fixurbrix

Drives: 2012 LT1 RS summit white
This is directly from the users manual for the cover you have pictured at the top:
"CARE AND CLEANING:
If an area becomes soiled, use an all-purpose cleaner to rub it out, and rinse the area with water. If the entire cover needs to be cleaned, wash it in a large capacity washer with a mild cleaner, cold water, and no softener. Dry in either a commercial dryer with low heat setting, or an outside clothesline."
fixurbrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:33 AM   #5
cam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixurbrix View Post
This is directly from the users manual for the cover you have pictured at the top:
"CARE AND CLEANING:
If an area becomes soiled, use an all-purpose cleaner to rub it out, and rinse the area with water. If the entire cover needs to be cleaned, wash it in a large capacity washer with a mild cleaner, cold water, and no softener. Dry in either a commercial dryer with low heat setting, or an outside clothesline."
No kidding! Wow, sounds easier than expected. However, I doubt the cover will fit in a washing machine or at least any that I have seen. Thanks for posting that info though, it is very helpful
Old 10-15-2014, 12:31 PM   #6
Williamsc
Alchemorph

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro Metallic blue RS
Luckily i have a huge washer machine at the fire station that is used to wash fire gear i think it would work.
Williamsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 12:43 PM   #7
cam fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williamsc View Post
Luckily i have a huge washer machine at the fire station that is used to wash fire gear i think it would work.
That will come in handy!