Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 11-19-2010, 09:50 PM   #15
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS
Just returned from dinner with the wife and her teeth are still rattling...I'm not so sure these engine mounts were a good idea
GrinderSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:23 PM   #16
axis
Search Ninja

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrinderSS View Post
Just returned from dinner with the wife and her teeth are still rattling...I'm not so sure these engine mounts were a good idea
Guess that rules out some afterdinner driver fun.
Bo (knows) White ported TB
Kooks LT's/ Dynomax VT
Pfadted (springs/sways)
Dyno tuned by Rhino and GPI

I once parallel parked a train.
axis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 05:18 AM   #17
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
I wanted to include these in my build also but my shop advised against them. He said for a street driven car the vibration is to harsh.
I would like to reduce the "mushy" feeling of the car but I guess these are not the answer.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:03 AM   #18
jmlozano7
NUPOC Candidate

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
selling my Pfadt mounts. Never been used. PM me if interested. $280 shipped.
jmlozano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 08:25 AM   #19
robertway

Drives: 2012 Challenger SRT8 Auto
Quote:
If I made a decision based on my first day or so of having them I would have pulled them and never put them back in. You really need to give them a couple of weeks to settle down and it is not just you getting used to the added vibration, they do settle down although like I mentioned earlier there is a tiny bit more vibration at idle (it resonates in my e-brake handle at times) and you get punished a little more if you lug the engine.

Here is my thread from when I installed them, hopefully you'll give it a read and be willing to give them more of a chance. I am glad I did as the car feels so much better than the mushy factory mounts.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67324

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." - Benjamin Franklin

LS3 Camshaft Swap Do-It-Yourself Instructions - 2010 LS3 gone but not forgotten!!!
robertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:29 PM   #20
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
would you guys recommend these for a daily driver?

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:57 PM   #21
the rich dude

Drives: Getting 2010 Camaro
Please keep us posted. I'm going to make 725 RWHP and thinking the stock mounts won't cut it.

Does the tranny mount need to be stiffened up as well when replacing the engine mounts?
the rich dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #22
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertway View Post
If I made a decision based on my first day or so of having them I would have pulled them and never put them back in. You really need to give them a couple of weeks to settle down and it is not just you getting used to the added vibration, they do settle down although like I mentioned earlier there is a tiny bit more vibration at idle (it resonates in my e-brake handle at times) and you get punished a little more if you lug the engine.

Here is my thread from when I installed them, hopefully you'll give it a read and be willing to give them more of a chance. I am glad I did as the car feels so much better than the mushy factory mounts.

This. It is a little scary at first, they just need some time to break in.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:36 PM   #23
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Well, I uninstalled the Pfadt engine mounts today and went back to the stockers. They were not only too harsh, but they caused an increase in the interior noise. I assumed even if the vibration attenuates, the increased engine noise in the interior will not.

Also, I felt a strong engine vibration at about 2000 RPM, almost as though the engine is out of balance at that RPM. I may replace my harmonic balancer with an ATI unit if I can find one.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:40 PM   #24
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
would you guys recommend these for a daily driver?
Absolutely no way would I recommend these for a daily driver. I only drive my Camaro on weekends and couldn't stand them. If you're building a race car that you occasionally drive on the street then yes, I recommend them.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:43 PM   #25
GrinderSS
Account Suspended

Quote:

Did you notice an increase in interior engine noise? I sure did, but maybe it's because I have an ungraded cam with dual valve springs that create allot of valve noise.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:59 PM   #26
Jeanius

Quote:
Absolutely no way would I recommend these for a daily driver. I only drive my Camaro on weekends and couldn't stand them. If you're building a race car that you occasionally drive on the street then yes, I recommend them.
Thanks

Any other opinions?

All im running is CAI, LT's and Magnaflow Street series cat back

Old 11-20-2010, 09:05 PM   #27
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Thanks

Any other opinions?

All im running is CAI, LT's and Magnaflow Street series cat back
Quote:

You have to let them break in. You will feel more connected (because you are) but its not anything like when they are first installed.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 09:12 PM   #28
Jeanius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
You have to let them break in. You will feel more connected (because you are) but its not anything like when they are first installed.
After all is said and done, and they are settled in, would you recommend them for a DD