Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > The Sports Lounge

Old 04-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #197
atma
disco kryptonite

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
Not sure what Philly is up to but oh well.

i think they're looking to win 6 games next season instead of four, but I can't make any promises...
Old 04-03-2013, 09:20 PM   #198
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Romo and Flaco just killed the Cowboys and Ravens, I mean a fifth of the cap going to one person? Do you really think you can build a solid team with whats left?

How many people are going to continue blaming Flacco for the Ravens lack of cap space? His cap hit this season is ~$7million. That is a steal at the QB position, especially compared to the top-tier QBs who account for ~$18-20million. Flacco won't be a contract issue this season, next season, or the next. By the fourth season of the deal, we will have restructured so we will never have to deal with him hampering our roster.

It only takes a 2 second Google search to be an informed human being on just about any topic. You can do it - I have faith in you!
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:46 PM   #199
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorfmac View Post

How many people are going to continue blaming Flacco for the Ravens lack of cap space? His cap hit this season is ~$7million. That is a steal at the QB position, especially compared to the top-tier QBs who account for ~$18-20million. Flacco won't be a contract issue this season, next season, or the next. By the fourth season of the deal, we will have restructured so we will never have to deal with him hampering our roster.

It only takes a 2 second Google search to be an informed human being on just about any topic. You can do it - I have faith in you!
I stand corrected, Flaco will hit the cap by $6.8 million......
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:20 AM   #200
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
I stand corrected, Flaco will hit the cap by $6.8 million......
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #201
IrocJack

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS RJT
IrocJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #202
Rhyder

sooo the schedules come out Thursday it appears, anyone hoping for a particular order? Im hoping they dont cram all our division games together in the middle of the season again. Playing New Orleans twice in three weeks was brutal.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:47 AM   #203
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Worst schedule ever! Uuuugggghhhhhhh!

With the first pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2013, 06:53 AM   #204
PoorMansCamaro

Drives: Really Slow
Oakland should pick geno smith with their first pick this year.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #205
Rhyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Worst schedule ever! Uuuugggghhhhhhh!

With the first pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Oakland Raiders select.........

Oakland has been making some good moves, you can definatly see its a new philosophy in place.

Im here to tell you though, KC is going to be beast this year...Oakland just cant win for losing........
Old 04-22-2013, 04:35 PM   #206
2010SSRSM6

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorMansCamaro View Post
Oakland should pick geno smith with their first pick this year.

They already have a QB with his skill set on the roster in Pryor. Smith isn't going to be much more than a fizzle in the NFL. Plus, the Raiders have 7 draft picks tied up in QB's since they drafted JaMarcus Bust-le a few short years ago. They gave Palmer away and lost their 2nd rounder this year and are loosing 2 more picks over the next 2 seasons for Flynn.

Either Pryor or Flynn should be able to manage the game well enough to get by until they can get the rest of the pieces put in place. That $50M in free cap space next year is going to help a lot.

Quote:
Oakland has been making some good moves, you can definatly see its a new philosophy in place.

Im here to tell you though, KC is going to be beast this year...Oakland just cant win for losing........
I think this year is going to be a learning year for KC. Too many new pieces in place to get the division this year. Next year is going to be interesting. Plus this Brandon Albert thing isn't helping their cause.

I'm not a Reid fan, and Alex Smith should be an upgrade over sandcastle, but just barely. He has been to up and down since he has been in the league and is trying to learn yet another new system. If either team makes it to 6 wins this year, I wouldn't call it a lost season.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:25 PM   #207
Rhyder

Quote:

They already have a QB with his skill set on the roster in Pryor. Smith isn't going to be much more than a fizzle in the NFL. Plus, the Raiders have 7 draft picks tied up in QB's since they drafted JaMarcus Bust-le a few short years ago. They gave Palmer away and lost their 2nd rounder this year and are loosing 2 more picks over the next 2 seasons for Flynn.

Either Pryor or Flynn should be able to manage the game well enough to get by until they can get the rest of the pieces put in place. That $50M in free cap space next year is going to help a lot.

I think this year is going to be a learning year for KC. Too many new pieces in place to get the division this year. Next year is going to be interesting. Plus this Brandon Albert thing isn't helping their cause.

I'm not a Reid fan, and Alex Smith should be an upgrade over sandcastle, but just barely. He has been to up and down since he has been in the league and is trying to learn yet another new system. If either team makes it to 6 wins this year, I wouldn't call it a lost season.
Why is everyone down on Smith? when they benched him he had won 24 of the last 26 games for the 49ers, and would of won the superbowl if the return guy hadn't done back to back boneheaded fumbles single handedly allowing the giants to stumble into the superbowl.

Hes broken several team records, makes almost no turnovers. Whats a guy have to do to get respect? So he wasn't a powerhouse out of the gate...it took Brady what? 4 years to get his stride? Farve wasn't exactly awesome from the get go... there's been multiple QB's who have had rocky starts.

I'm not trying to defend him specifically, and I'm not saying hes a Montana, just saying I don't understand why there so much hate, when hes done nothing but win game after game after game.

OK off the soap box......

Im pretty much with you on Reed, though he does have a magic touch with QB's. He takes them and makes it work and makes them look good, but when they play for others they dont seem to do it as well.....

I also think your going to be surprised with Flynn, assuming you get some receivers that can 1, get open, create separation or something, and 2, actually catch the ball without it having to be in the wide open with noone near them.

I actually think that was Palmer's undoing, he was trying to force way to much with basically no help from his receivers and with a weak O line he didnt have time to find the best option.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #208
CJ Man
Missing my SS :(

Drives: 2012 Ford Explorer [ :( ]
I think Alex smith is a system quarter back. He benefited from Jim harbaugh's coaching. Can Andy have the same impact who knows. I do know KC does have some nice pieces and are team on the verge of breaking through.

Raiders are in a rebuilding mode obviously. Flynn looks to be a good transition from Palmer to the next qb. He is not the answer. He had 1 monster game for the packers against a horrible lions secondary with arguably one of the best offenses in Green Bay.

Hey but what do I know I thought mark Sanchez was going to be pretty good!
CJ Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #209
2010SSRSM6

Flynn was beat out by a rookie that slid into the third round last year in Seattle. He's got his work cut out for him in getting the starting job in Oakland. Prior isn't that good, but he has been working his ass off to get the starting job and has a good relationship with the WR's that are already there that Flynn doesn't have. I hope Flynn can beat him out, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would love to see KC fall on their face under Reid, just like the Eagles did the last few years.

Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 AM   #210
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Flynn was beat out by a rookie that slid into the third round last year in Seattle. He's got his work cut out for him in getting the starting job in Oakland. Prior isn't that good, but he has been working his ass off to get the starting job and has a good relationship with the WR's that are already there that Flynn doesn't have. I hope Flynn can beat him out, but I'm not holding my breath.

I would love to see KC fall on their face under Reid, just like the Eagles did the last few years.

I liked Flynn while he was out here. He really only played a quarter (during the Arizona game blowout) and threw well, but...it was during that blowout.

I think he'll end up your starter (Flynn, that is). Yeah, he fell behind a 3rd rounder in the draft...but I think you'll find that 3rd rounder may end up to be a pretty darn good QB in his own right. He had a good rookie season, anyways

Tags
tic toc pats lose, waaaaa waaaaaa