Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-26-2013, 09:10 AM   #57
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Its not hype, apparently they are great performing cars, but for me 3,500 is way too much, as I dont like black wheels. The rest just isnt worth 3,500. Especially when I could spend 3,500 and get better aftermarket suspension parts.

Hell, I could take 3,500, buy a set of rims that I want for 1,500, and still make some really significant suspension upgrades.

Also, is the 1LE only for the manual cars, im shocked im just realizing this if it is? Then that really takes me out of getting it.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #58
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blk-Ice View Post
Nice video! What song and artist was that...killer cruise song?!!!
Dead Confederate – The Rat
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #59
BigBlock69RS
Ed

Drives: 2013 AGM Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by vroomapunk View Post
Its not hype, apparently they are great performing cars, but for me 3,500 is way too much, as I dont like black wheels. The rest just isnt worth 3,500. Especially when I could spend 3,500 and get better aftermarket suspension parts.

Hell, I could take 3,500, buy a set of rims that I want for 1,500, and still make some really significant suspension upgrades.

Also, is the 1LE only for the manual cars, im shocked im just realizing this if it is? Then that really takes me out of getting it.
You could always sell the rims and tires for more than you paid for the 1le package and then buy the rims you wanted.

And no for 3500 you could not begin to touch the mods that have been done with aftermarket parts. Heck just the close ratio trans would be more. Yet alone the enitre parts list. Yes you can buy better parts but for a lot more than 3500.

For 3500 you get a track ready wel balanced car ready to go.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:29 AM   #60
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Let me know if Im wrong, but electric power steering is standard on all SS models as of 2013 right?
Yes

Quote:

Yes, only manual as real track cars are not automatics

$3500 too much? Hmmm A quality set of forged wheels will set you back at least $3500 with tires...The rest of the parts are freebies....If you don't like black there are many members that will pay top dollar for the wheels and tires. ($2K- $2500+ mileage depended)

It is a better car for the track than any SS on aftermarket rims and $2000 worth of suspension work. $2000 would only get you a set of quality aftermarket coil overs installed and aligned.

-Matt
Old 06-26-2013, 09:31 AM   #61
Dropspeed
2013 Camaro SS1LECTSVZ28

Drives: 2013 AGM 1SS/1LE
So this thread =

-SS owners not understanding the hype cause they already have an SS.
-1LE owners defending their purchases.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:37 AM   #62
vroomapunk
[COTW 5/12/14]

Drives: 2012 CRT NF Cammed 2SS/RS For Sale
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlock69RS View Post
You could always sell the rims and tires for more than you paid for the 1le package and then buy the rims you wanted.

And no for 3500 you could not begin to touch the mods that have been done with aftermarket parts. Heck just the close ratio trans would be more. Yet alone the enitre parts list. Yes you can buy better parts but for a lot more than 3500.

For 3500 you get a track ready wel balanced car ready to go.
Well I know not the trans, I meant suspension wise. Id want an auto trans anyway. I was just saying this is why its not for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
Yes

Yes, only manual as real track cars are not automatics

$3500 too much? Hmmm A quality set of forged wheels will set you back at least $3500 with tires...The rest of the parts are freebies....If you don't like black there are many members that will pay top dollar for the wheels and tires. ($2K- $2500+ mileage depended)

It is a better car for the track than any SS on aftermarket rims and $2000 worth of suspension work. $2000 would only get you a set of quality aftermarket coil overs installed and aligned.

-Matt
Everyone has their reasons for manual vs auto, and most 1LE's will never be road raced to their true potential.

Its a daily driver, im not going to be pulling 1G on the way to work, I dont need forged wheels, I just need wheels that look good and hopefully weigh less than stock, which isnt hard to find.

I also do all my own work so I dont pay for things to be installed. Mother in law manages Nola Motorsports track so I can get free alignment.

Again, this is just my situation, and my reasons for not getting the 1LE package.

Im not arguing, it is a great package for a lot of people, just not good for me at all.

If I was really into road racing, Id end up replacing a lot of the 1LE suspension parts anyway. The car has a particular market, the OP should understand that.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:41 AM   #63
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dropspeed View Post
So this thread =

-SS owners not understanding the hype cause they already have an SS.
-1LE owners defending their purchases.

I think it comes back to what the engineers said when the package was introduced. The 1LE package is worth it to about 2% of the Camaro buying public. Those SS owners that do not get it woudl not choose the 1LE package if they were buying a new Camaro. To us that want it, it was money in the bank. To those that are happy with the standard car, and it gives them more than what they need, it is not a good purchase.
It is probably the same as the opinion on many options, like BA speakers, sunroofs, or NPP.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:51 AM   #64
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by gajagfan View Post
I think it comes back to what the engineers said when the package was introduced. The 1LE package is worth it to about 2% of the Camaro buying public. Those SS owners that do not get it woudl not choose the 1LE package if they were buying a new Camaro. To us that want it, it was money in the bank. To those that are happy with the standard car, and it gives them more than what they need, it is not a good purchase.
It is probably the same as the opinion on many options, like BA speakers, sunroofs, or NPP.
Not exactly.... this has been misquoted and misunderstood often. Al said that the 1LE is for "the 2% that want to drive the car to the limit." Surely less than two percent of ALL Camaros see track time.... but maybe that is another thread.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:58 AM   #65
Jason P

Drives: 2011 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank in MD View Post
WTF is smexy?
Smexy is that smell when you're done
2011 2ss Ram twin plate ceramic clutch, Texas speed 418 LS3 235 /243 .621 / .624 cam, ported and polished heads with dual springs,magnum push rods, Hotchkis race pack, Stainless Power long tube headers with no cats, Magna Flo competition exhaust, lpe fuel pump, magnuson supercharger with overdrive and port matched blower plate, IW 8 rib pullies, AEM meth kit, id 850 injectors, 3 bar map, halltech cai, zl1 rear diff
Jason P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #66
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Just do a square setup with 275s and 1LE sways, gears and aftermarket bushings an im sure a 2010 SS manual will pace nicely with a 13/14 1LE
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:06 AM   #67
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Or 285s sorry
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:17 AM   #68
steveo9043

Drives: 2012 45th AE 2SS Coupe
I would not trade in my 2012 45th for a 1le. I'd be lucky to get 28k for trade in (which is not bad depreciation at all) but then I would be financing another 12k for the 1LE.

If there was a 1LE when i bought my car and I had the DD I now have (i didn't when I bought the SS) i would have a 1LE. I wasn't DDing a manual car.

I would of got the NPP exhaust and saved $1000 right there not having to buy aftermarket exhaust.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:21 AM   #69
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspolo View Post
The "its a great deal" sounds a lot like when people buy stuff they don't need just because "its a great deal." I am still saving for the Camaro (yes it has been a really long time :( ) but when I can finally afford it I will probably not get the 1LE. The only thing I would like would be the rims, other than that everything else would be pointless since I don't track the car.

BTW there aren't many reasons why some people get the 1LE other than because of the great deal thing. Its kind of funny.
Have you driven a 1LE and non-1LE back to back? You don't need to track the car to notice the differences. The transmission and more robust suspension (and for me, labor cost to switch and install) justify most of the cost.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM   #70
Meltdownaverted
I sell Camaro's

Drives: traded 11 2SS RS SGM for 13 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZL1 Spoked View Post
I'm pretty sure the quarter mile time is the same in the ss and the ss with 1le pack.
My Stock 1LE was exactly and consistently .5 quicker in the 1/4 than my stock SS
Meltdownaverted is offline   Reply With Quote