Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #1
Mechman108

Drives: '12 Camaro LS M6, '16 Lexus IS200T
Ac problem

Hello, I am hoping that others on this forum can help me out with this problem. As I turn my ac on, it makes a noise for about 3 seconds and then goes away. This happens everytime. To me it didnt seem normal and I took it to the dealership. They said every camaro they sat in makes that noise; kind of hard to believe but hey I may be wrong. Please help. Thank you.

... I apologize if there is already the same topic being discussed that didnt popup in my search.
Mechman108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
fergie1197

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
No its not normal my car did this.I noticed the sound on my passenger side. My dealership fixed it said it was the actuator. But I am having the problem again but on my driver side and also I have noticed when I turn the air/heat off there is still air coming out of vents. I have to take mine back...I would take it back and ask them to check the actuator ..good luck
Old 01-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #3
Mechman108

Anybody in the south florida area on here? Does your camaro makes this noise? If it doesnt, would you be willing to meet with me to go to the dealership with me?

... I am not sure what to do next. I contacted customer service. They told me to take it to the dealer. The dealer tells me what I posted. This is dissapointing.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:13 AM   #4
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
My car makes an electric motor sound for about 2 seconds whenever I hit the "recirculate" button. If recirculate is already on, it will make that noise when I turn the ac on. I think its normal...isn't it?
POS 2011 Mazda 3 - traded in for camaro
2001 Ford F-150 - traded in for mazda
brandonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #5
Mechman108

According to the dealership apparantly it is. The service guy said, "when you turn on your recirculation, it closes the vent, its like a door... The rubbing off closing the door creates that noise." I am just a little skeptical with that story. Thats why I posted here cause I have owned other cars and none of them makes a noise like that.

Someone please confirm if this is normal or not. Thank you.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechman108 View Post
Hello, I am hoping that others on this forum can help me out with this problem. As I turn my ac on, it makes a noise for about 3 seconds and then goes away. This happens everytime. To me it didnt seem normal and I took it to the dealership. They said every camaro they sat in makes that noise; kind of hard to believe but hey I may be wrong. Please help. Thank you.

... I apologize if there is already the same topic being discussed that didnt popup in my search.

I would definitely suggest taking it to the dealership as well for a proper diagnosis. Also, if you would like, I can check out your case to make sure everything is correct.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-02-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
Mechman108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
I would definitely suggest taking it to the dealership as well for a proper diagnosis. Also, if you would like, I can check out your case to make sure everything is correct.

Brandon
Brandon,

Upon your suggestion I took it to the dealer. I also called customer service like you told me to and created a case. The dealer told me what I posted. You want me to take it back to the dealer again so they can tell me the same thing?
Old 01-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechman108 View Post
Brandon,

Upon your suggestion I took it to the dealer. I also called customer service like you told me to and created a case. The dealer told me what I posted. You want me to take it back to the dealer again so they can tell me the same thing?

I would like to review your case for you. Please send it to me via PM.

I look forward to your correspondence.

Brandon
Old 01-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #9
camoman

Drives: 2010 1SS IBM L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post
My car makes an electric motor sound for about 2 seconds whenever I hit the "recirculate" button. If recirculate is already on, it will make that noise when I turn the ac on. I think its normal...isn't it?
Yes it's normal
camoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:19 PM   #10
Inuyashas_Brother

Drives: '10 Camaro LS - M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post
My car just started doing this. I suspect it's the actuator, though I'm not sure how I can get to it to replace it or the part #.

It seems other GM models also have this problem:
Broken Recirc door actuator on a Fullsize GM truck. Sierra/ Silverado/ Suburban/ Tahoe