Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-06-2009, 12:17 PM   #15
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroELF View Post
I agreed to window sticker pricing with my dealer, so anxious to buy the car that I didn't think about price increases. The last time I went by to see their demo car, I mentioned to my salesman that they were pocketing extra money due to the price increase and he said no GM keeps that. So do they really not know or are they playing us for fools?
I think it's

Any one care to enlighten us?
Old 05-06-2009, 12:19 PM   #16
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by renderinfo View Post
Well, after GM Customer Care contacted my dealer, he made it like it was "no big deal", although to me he sounded clearly annoyed. He said something like, ok thats just a $75 difference, and I said no, the IOM premium should be taken off as well, so he said, OK. I guess all is good, but my dealer still made me "battle" for it! We finalized on pricing, and now I am eagerly waiting for my Camaro to arrive.

I wish I had advice for other R6P preorders out there, but like some other posters said, unless you have a specific price in writing, you are pretty much at the mercy of the dealers. "MSRP" in this case could change (and probably will) at any time.

Good luck all... I'll post pictures when it comes!!!
Sounds like calling customer service is going to have to do. Sounds like it worked out for you.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:21 PM   #17
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Me thinks me like the idea...but since my order won't be pulled for a while, I don't wanna try

Old 05-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #18
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Hear is the letter statement that tells the dealer how to price your vehicle and get refund/credit. Sorry if it looks huge I just scanned it in and posted. RPO mentioned some time ago it really depends on what your deal was. He after discussion with his Owner decided that his customers with R6P would get the old pricing. It gets down to doing the right thing again. If 45.00 is a make or break on your deal you should not be buying it. On the paint upgrade....Just pray your dealer honors the letter below.
Attached Images

418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts

Last edited by 2010 SS RS; 05-06-2009 at 12:43 PM.
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:24 PM   #19
Maddtim

Drives: 2012 Camaro Convertible SS
Quote:
I agreed to window sticker pricing with my dealer, so anxious to buy the car that I didn't think about price increases. The last time I went by to see their demo car, I mentioned to my salesman that they were pocketing extra money due to the price increase and he said no GM keeps that. So do they really not know or are they playing us for fools?
I would think the OWNER of the dealership knows for sure, but maybe not the peon salespeople who are the front lines that we deal with everyday. End result, SOMEONE at the dealship knows. Like I said in my original post, we weren't supposed to KNOW about the price protection, which GM offered to the DEALER. Plain and simple, GM will invoice the dealer at the new price and then, if an R6P car, give them the difference back in some dealer open account. All of this is based on INVOICE price BTW so it's not like the dealer is making an extra $470 on your IOM paint job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Agreed. Without more support from GM, it's going to be next to impossible for the majority of us to get the protected price. Thanks GM!
Why would GM support us in this? We aren't supposed to know about it. So they realized they had to raise the price a little, but didn't want their (GM's) customers (the DEALERS) bitching about price protection. So they gave it to them. Read the memo again, it's NOT for public consumption and I'm sure whoever released it could be in some hot water with GM. That said, I'd love to have the original pricing (even if it only saves ME $45), it's just that its a fight between me and the DEALER, and like it or not, GM is simply a 3rd party outside the matter.

Have 2012 2SS/RS LS3 Convertible 45th Anniversary Edition with Hurst shifter.
Maddtim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:26 PM   #20
1camaro4me

Drives: Ordered: 2ss w/RS IOM
Quote:
Same boat here. I agreed to MSRP. It never occured to me when I ordered in October that there would be a price increase between the start of production and when my car was made. I mean, hell, I was #1 at my dealer. How long after the start of production could it take.

And it really never occured to me (if I'm understanding all of this correctly)that there would be "price protection" where the dealer will get the difference back, (because the window sticker won't reflect the locked-in price) and they have the choice whether to "honor" the difference or not.

I mean really, WTF is up with that.
1camaro4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:32 PM   #21
ravensjeff
100% Chevy & Harley Man

Drives: 2010 2SS: Blown LSX 376-B15
I guess now is when we could really use some help from Camaro Scotty- What is he doing or going by? If we (R6P'rs) are really supposed to have been price protected, and Camaro Scotty knows this, he would know what to do. If he doesn't have the solution, we certainly can't expect our dealer to know.
ravensjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:40 PM   #22
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddtim View Post
Why would GM support us in this? We aren't supposed to know about it. So they realized they had to raise the price a little, but didn't want their (GM's) customers (the DEALERS) bitching about price protection. So they gave it to them. Read the memo again, it's NOT for public consumption and I'm sure whoever released it could be in some hot water with GM. That said, I'd love to have the original pricing (even if it only saves ME $45), it's just that its a fight between me and the DEALER, and like it or not, GM is simply a 3rd party outside the matter.
Ummm GM sent an email to all customers stating that preorders were price protected.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:43 PM   #23
Maddtim

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensjeff View Post
I guess now is when we could really use some help from Camaro Scotty- What is he doing or going by? If we (R6P'rs) are really supposed to have been price protected, and Camaro Scotty knows this, he would know what to do. If he doesn't have the solution, we certainly can't expect our dealer to know.
I wouldn't expect too much from Camaro Scotty, his hands are probably tied in this matter. Straight from the memo posted above;

"This pricing information is intended for use by authorized Chevrolet dealers and should not be disclosed to unauthorized persons"

Plain and simple, WE are UNauthorized. I may be wrong, but if Scotty spoke on this matter he could get in trouble with GM. I personally wouldn't ask him to do that anymore than I would ask the guys on the line in Oshawa to disclose more than they are able to about the production. It's unfair to them as they are the only ones potentially at risk.

It's a bummer, but this is a dealer by dealer issue. Some of us will be ok and some won't, but there is NOTHING short of a signed agreement with PRICE that can protect the pricing us R6P guys agreed to.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:45 PM   #24
Maddtim

Quote:
Originally Posted by UCF w00t View Post
Ummm GM sent an email to all customers stating that preorders were price protected.
Really?!?! I didn't get one. I suppose they sent this out at the time of the price increase? If you have a copy, I'd love to see it.

Old 05-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #25
UCF w00t
Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddtim View Post
Really?!?! I didn't get one. I suppose they sent this out at the time of the price increase? If you have a copy, I'd love to see it.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...946#post460946
Old 05-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #26
Maddtim

Hmm, hadn't seen that, but here's the problem. In the attached image(screen shotted from the original email) I've "blown up" the small print.

You'll notice in footnote #1 (relating to the Price Guarantee), that the price protection only applies to "bona fide sold orders." What does that mean? Does it mean:

A) You put a deposit down on one? I wouldn't think so as it's fully refundable and you can back out at any time(thus not "sold").

B) Does it mean you have to sign the sales agreement stating you are willing to pay the price on the paper, something that I believe NO ONE (or extremely few) have done or been able to do.

It comes down to lawyerese, what is GM's definition of a "bona fide sold order." Anyone able to enlighten us?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:41 PM   #27
Sean_W

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS
Ok, so has anyone actually taken delivery with this coming up as an issue? Or have the dealers been good about this one knowing they will get the credit back? Mine will arrive very soon, and would rather not fight this thing more than I have to.

2SS/RS Inferno Orange Metalic & Cyber Grey Stripes

My Homepage
http://titanic-model.com
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:49 PM   #28
BLUEMARO
A Classical Greek

Drives: DTS, Bonneville and an SS !
What about increased destination charges? Are we protected on that as well?
BLUEMARO is offline   Reply With Quote