Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-10-2013, 08:44 PM   #1
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
2012 2SS/RS L99 Review

Two weeks in now with the new ride and about 700 miles later I figure I chime in about the beast.

I traded in my V6 for this car and I still miss her. The V6 crowd knows my build and knows how much sweat, tears and blood I poured into that car. It took a lot for me to trade her in, I loved that car.

But after saying all that, I have no regrets. The SS is incredible! The driving experience is completely different and obviously more powerful. The car being full loaded, the added luxury is actually very cool. I love the leather seats and leather accessories. Love the ambient lighting and the door accessories. My favorite accessory is the HUD, I can't have enough of that thing. I can see my RPMs, speed and gear right in front of me without looking down at the gauge cluster, so awesome!

Favorite feature on the entire car is the big V8! The car is so powerful. On the V6, the torque was pretty low, so to speed up I almost always had to downshift but with the V8 there is so much torque I rarely ever downshift unless I feel like smokin it

I even enjoy the transmission! I believe it's the same tranny as the LLT automatic but the tranny tune on this car is completely different and way more responsive.

I drove a few 2010 SS and the suspension on the 2012 is completely different. Definitely less boat like than before, I am in no rush to upgrade but I am eyeing the Pfadt Stage 3 package

Shoulda bought a V8 moment
This didn't happen till this past Wednesday, when I was researching the mods for my new ride. EVERYTHING is cheaper for the V8 compared to the V6 market. I just had a muffler delete done today for $150!! It sounds AWESOME and it's nothing compared to the money I spent on the exhaust of the last car.

Speaking of mods, check out the new build thread through the link in my signature!!

Badass ride overall. I was happy with the V6, but the V8 is just outstanding!

Well done Chevy....WELL DONE!

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:03 PM   #2
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
Glad you like it

BTW the V6 gets the 6L50E and the V8 gets the 6L80E
102SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by 102SS View Post
Glad you like it

BTW the V6 gets the 6L50E and the V8 gets the 6L80E
Ahhh thanks for the info! I use the tapshift all the time, in the v6 I used it 99% of the time. So far the same with the SS. So the difference monumental.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
Two weeks in now with the new ride and about 700 miles later I figure I chime in about the beast.

I traded in my V6 for this car and I still miss her. The V6 crowd knows my build and knows how much sweat, tears and blood I poured into that car. It took a lot for me to trade her in, I loved that car.

But after saying all that, I have no regrets. The SS is incredible! The driving experience is completely different and obviously more powerful. The car being full loaded, the added luxury is actually very cool. I love the leather seats and leather accessories. Love the ambient lighting and the door accessories. My favorite accessory is the HUD, I can't have enough of that thing. I can see my RPMs, speed and gear right in front of me without looking down at the gauge cluster, so awesome!

Favorite feature on the entire car is the big V8! The car is so powerful. On the V6, the torque was pretty low, so to speed up I almost always had to downshift but with the V8 there is so much torque I rarely ever downshift unless I feel like smokin it

I even enjoy the transmission! I believe it's the same tranny as the LLT automatic but the tranny tune on this car is completely different and way more responsive.

I drove a few 2010 SS and the suspension on the 2012 is completely different. Definitely less boat like than before, I am in no rush to upgrade but I am eyeing the Pfadt Stage 3 package

Shoulda bought a V8 moment
This didn't happen till this past Wednesday, when I was researching the mods for my new ride. EVERYTHING is cheaper for the V8 compared to the V6 market. I just had a muffler delete done today for $150!! It sounds AWESOME and it's nothing compared to the money I spent on the exhaust of the last car.

Speaking of mods, check out the new build thread through the link in my signature!!

Badass ride overall. I was happy with the V6, but the V8 is just outstanding!

Well done Chevy....WELL DONE!
Blade,

Thanks so much. Your feedback is greatly appreciated. I'm happy that you're enjoying it! Drive safe out there and let me know if any concerns arise.

Sincerely,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care