Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 12-07-2008, 04:54 PM   #1
coilman

Drives: gto
Angry Blue SS/ can change order yet.

People there is power with numbers. To everyone that has ordered or is ordering a SS in AQUA or IMPERIAL BLUE, send emails to (contactus@ccgm.ca) in Oshawa to have the colour blue on the SS. My car has been on order from day one and it is loaded in Black so it can go to a paint shop when I recieve it.Cherl Pilcher (camaro production manager annouced that the SS can now be ordered in blue), when I read this I went to the dealership to change the order from BLACK to AQUA BLUE. They said it could'nt be done,I contacted GM in Oshawa Ontario & they confirmed via email that it can be ordered but the dealers still say no.WE NEED TO CONTACT GM AND TELL THEM TO INFORM THE DEALERSHIPS THAT BLUE IS A GO. At his time the big 3 are having money problems,If they let the customers order the car the way they wanted they would have a happy customer translating into repeat sales (A HAPPY CUSTOMER ALWAYS RETURNS) This is the salution to the money problems they have at this time.

FOR YOUR INFO.
They are producing 3 cars a day for training the employes. The first true product Camaro was yellow. After the employees are up to speed I think the line will be able to produce at least 300 units per day or more.
coilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:57 PM   #2
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
There was a message sent to dealers on 12/4/08 that the changes were made in Workbench and that blue could be ordered along with the polished wheels with the SS/RS package and a few other changes. Search the threads and you will find the official announcement from GM. Print it out and take it to your dealer (or email it to them). And BTW, you aren't the only one who is having this problem.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
ljustin293

Drives: 2010 VR CAMARO 2SS/RS
thanks for the info update
ljustin293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Man, I thought that problem was solved.

Advice from a dealer on another thread that may or may not help:
The dealer needs to go to the preliminary order screen and click on the options (just the codes). It will bring up a screen just for options and allow you to add or subtract options. Don't go under the regular "Configure a New Vehicle." Go to the "Quick Order" link. They are under the same order vehicle tab.

Good luck!
Old 12-08-2008, 09:12 AM   #5
coilman

SS in blue/ First yellow SS

thumbup:Thanks alot for the input, I will be going to the dealership today to let them know.

On a sadder not the for anyone that ordered a YELLOW SS (this was the car that first came off the line 2 weeks ago) Everyone was stand at the end of the line and the person put on a show with the car. Keep in mind the SS's are dangeously fast, it hit a light poll in the yard, I am should that somone at GM has this video. So if your car is aSS in YELLOW check the body good.
Old 12-08-2008, 09:56 AM   #6
99b4c

Drives: 89 RS/99 GTP/1SS soon
I cant find any video of the yellow SS, and I dont think that Camaro will ever be sold to the public. I wonder if these first Camaros even have a VIN#?
99b4c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:10 PM   #7
coilman

BLUE SS in Canada still not possible.

The dealership still can't change the colours on a SS to BLUE. I went to the GM WORK BENCH and then to the quick order its not there. Keep in mind people I am in Canada I hope that it can be done on the Canadian side also. Are there any people reading this that has changed a order to a BLUE SS.

I still think that if GM is flooded with emails about the BLUE on SS's they will breakdown and get there act into gear.

Thanks for the input Rodrunner and Camaropete.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
coilman

I know for a fact that these are production cars. You would be surprised what some people know.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #9
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
They might be production...but I'm 99% sure they're not saleable cars. That is; they can't be sent to dealerships and bought.

As for the blue issue; keep prodding your dealer. See if he/she can find out exactly what's wrong...because it SHOULD work. If that doesn't work; try contacting Chevrolet/GM CANADA...ask them what's wrong.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
Sizzox
Most Known Unknown

Drives: 08 Vette
Send a message via AIM to Sizzox
The newest news on the chevylaunch site witch was added 12/04/08 says that Imperial Blue Metallic and Aqua Blue Metallic will be available on all SS Models and that the polished wheels can be added to the RS package and that White Stripes will be available with Rally Yellow exterior color. This is legit info off chevylaunch.com

Edit: Also customers taking delivery of 2010 Camaro 1LT, 2LT or 2SS model will be upgraded at no additional charge to one year service of OnStar’s Direction and Connection Package.
I would kill for a gale banks diesel powered camaro. I would have so much torque and power that whenever I go to parades I would be physically able to throw torque out the window like candy for the kids.
Sizzox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:50 PM   #11
yenkotown

Drives: Hyundai 2.0T 10 former Corvettes
Mine will be blue..............no matter what !! My first Camaro was a LeMans blue Z28 1968. This next one can't be a Z28 but it can be a blue SS. Thanks for the info.
yenkotown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:19 PM   #12
camarogirl21

Drives: 2010 Camaro = ABM
I changed my order to the aqua blue at my dealership 2 weeks ago I didn't have any problems but he said they could do ABM but not IBM. My dealer is jk chevy in Nederland tx.
Good luck to all who want to change their order
camarogirl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 05:37 PM   #13
tsg1391

Drives: 79 formula 'bird, 5th gen soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizzox View Post
Edit: Also customers taking delivery of 2010 Camaro 1LT, 2LT or 2SS model will be upgraded at no additional charge to one year service of OnStar’s Direction and Connection Package.
wtf?!? 1lt but not 1ss? thats some bull...
tsg1391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:17 PM   #14
Rodrunner

Drives: 2010 SS/RS, '06 350Z
Edit: Also customers taking delivery of 2010 Camaro 1LT, 2LT or 2SS model will be upgraded at no additional charge to one year service of OnStar’s Direction and Connection Package.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I saw that about a whole year of OnStar...pretty cool. Of course by then we'll probably be hooked on it and have to renew...we'll see...a buddy of mine has it in his Envoy and loves it.