Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-11-2009, 01:37 AM   #43
PD123

Drives: Honda Civic EX '96
There are a couple things I don't like about this comparison. One, the Camaro is a preproduction model while the Genesis isn't. Two, the Camaro doesn't have the RS package on it. The RS gives the LT summer performance tires, which would make a difference on the handling of the car.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:49 AM   #44
Z/28orSs

Drives: 2000 ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConceptVBS View Post
Lets looks at the specs.

Both V6
Both RWD
Both IRS
Both 6 speed manual
Both Sport coupes
Both similar size (camaro a bit bigger)
Both start less than $30K ($22k camaro vs $25k gen coupe)

And you dont see why this isnt a good comparison?
cuz there is a 2.0t gen coupe!
Old 05-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #45
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkme323 View Post
All of these "it's still a Hyundai" comments are really getting old. It's 2009, not 1993, Hyundai is one of the most viable and profitable automakers in the world. The Genesis sedan won numerous awards last year and the Coupe is receiving accolades accross the board as well. The Coupe has outperformed the V6 Camaro in almost every aspect and only lost the one comparo due to the bogus "gotta have it" factor.

Bottom line is, both are great new cars and we should be celebrating them, not deriding them for no reason.
So what you're saying is basically that the Top model Genesis outperforms the base Camaro in almost every aspect?

When will they compare top model to top model?
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 11:40 AM   #46
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Citing Wikipedia = FAIL.
They did a study where WikiPedia actually had basically the same number of mistakes as Britannica. So that's like saying all encylopedia's are = FAIL.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #47
RobH

Drives: 2010 IBM 1LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by rays View Post
Were talking a pony car comparison. The proper comparison is the base Mustang or Base Challenger which as we know don't compare. The Hyundai isn't a pony car.

There comparing the Hyundai Genesis top model with the base model Camaro. The Genesis base model is a 2.0.

Now drop that Ford 3.5 DI twin turbo in the base model Mustang for a similar price and maybe there is something to talk about! If they do they'll be a twin turbo 3.6 Camaro for 2012 I bet.
Technically the new Camaro isn't a pony car any longer either with the IRS. GM is trying to reach outside of the traditional pony car and compete with foreign RWD sports coupes. It makes sense to do these comparisons. Camaro seems to be holding its own or winning which is good news.
RobH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #48
lil_chef
Banned

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
I dont get the complaints....... The V6 camaro wasnt compared to the 4 cylinder genesis for the same reason magazines are not doing tests of V6 camaro versus V6 mustang/challenger. the Camaro is a much better car and doing a test would just be stating the obvious.
the same goes for comparing the V6 genesis to the V8 camaro. its obvious which one is faster so whats the point of a performance comparison test?

the V6 camaro and V6 genesis are the closest competitors when it comes to performance numbers and thats why they were compared. so what if the genesis "won" it also cost more (which isnt taken to account in a performance comparison)
lil_chef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 01:30 PM   #49
rays
V6 - It just isn't normal

Drives: 2010 2LT M6, F250 7.3L Diesel
Did you even notice the Genesis was the top of the line with $4500 optional "Track Package" and the Camaro was what a 1LT with 19" wheels.
Not only are they not comparing top of the line to top of the line, they had to select the mid level base Camaro to be able to beat it with the best they had.

With the RS option the Camaro beats it in the Figure-8 and maybe the drag too (notice the spin on the 19's at launch). The 1LT beat the brembo's of the Genesis in stopping. It weighs less. How did they screw that up.

Watch it yourself

And they talk about the Genesis trying to "muscle in on the pony party"

Thats all I'm gonna say....

Switching back to watch mode.

2LT RS M6 RJT Black leather
4/29/2009 Ordered
6/24 6000 Delivered
rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #50
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
how much better do the 20s with PZeros hold the road cmpared to the 19s?
Old 05-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #51
blinkme323

Drives: -
Odds are the base V6 Genesis would still outperform the Camaro, there aren't too may differences between that and the track that would dramatically effect the numbers. My main gripe is that the C&D article had to use the "gotta have it factor" in order for the Camaro to win by 1 point. Take out that erroneous and purely subjective category and the Genesis would have won by several points.

Now would the SS beat the Gen? No question. But the bottom line is that the V6 Gen outperforms the V6 Camaro. Both are still great cars and one would be lucky to have either one though.
blinkme323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:53 PM   #52
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Odds are the base V6 Genesis would still outperform the Camaro, there aren't too may differences between that and the track that would dramatically effect the numbers. My main gripe is that the C&D article had to use the "gotta have it factor" in order for the Camaro to win by 1 point. Take out that erroneous and purely subjective category and the Genesis would have won by several points.

Now would the SS beat the Gen? No question. But the bottom line is that the V6 Gen outperforms the V6 Camaro. Both are still great cars and one would be lucky to have either one though.
+1
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #53
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Why do some people think it's not a nice looking car? Looks good to me.
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #54
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
They did a study where WikiPedia actually had basically the same number of mistakes as Britannica. So that's like saying all encylopedia's are = FAIL.
Yeah, but I can't go and insert MY OWN FACTS into Britannica moments before referring YOU to look at it...
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:28 PM   #55
DeathChill

Drives: 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Yeah, but I can't go and insert MY OWN FACTS into Britannica moments before referring YOU to look at it...
You just watch me. *takes out pen*
DeathChill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:36 PM   #56
levi1922

Drives: 2LT RS CGM
Quote:

i think it would. maybe not in the speed department, but it does lose the brembos, and also the track tuned suspension. you also lose the summer tires. the Camaro would likely then beat the Gen coupe 3.8 in grip, braking and over all handling. it is practically even with out the camaro even having track suspension, summer tires, or brembos. the camaro would have likely won had they tested a RS with the 20" summers

and, i will still point out, we are putting a TOP OF THE TOP genesis coupe against a middle of the bottom Camaro.