Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 04-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Hats off to professional Detailers

I have learned a lot over the last five years from this forum, autogeek forum, Utube and other resources. I decided to do what I consider from my time on this forum to be a "full" detail. lets say just say the paint correction part was a massive undertaking. started after I got home from work Friday night prepping to start correcting the next morning. determined to not skip any steps, and to do each step to it's fullest. scrubbed and cleaned every inch of the car I could reach, clay'd every paint surface well, dried and tapped it off ready for compounding and then polishing. 7am saturday til 1am the next morning, every step to the nines all the way til the last wax and removal of Tape. not even doing any interior or ancillary detail parts. Just paint. I Honestly don't see how professional detailers do it! I am physically burnt out. had to make mini detail projects to do after work over the next week to get it all done and I probably won't get it all done til next week end!

IF I were rich I would gladly drop a grand for all the detailing it takes to make my ride look like a million bucks, Much respect for the Pro detailers on here

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 10:38 PM   #2
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
I feel ya!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:11 PM   #3
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
It definitely ain't easy, but it can be rewarding.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 04:50 PM   #4
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
You also get much faster after your fifth car, twentieth car, fiftieth car etc. But yeah it's still a lot of hard work

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 04:34 PM   #5
Good_Times

Drives: red
As they say " If it was easy then everyone would do it ". I'm going to turn 66 in Aug and getting ready to do a few cars in May at the Mecum auction. At the end of the week it will take me another week to recover. I recently had the pleasure of working with a talented bunch of detailers on Air Force One out at the Pima Air and Space Museum in Tucson Az. Most of the other members of the FreedomOne group were young men in there twenties. It took all I could do to keep up with these guys. So if it's a plush career you seek , you might scratch detailer off the list. LOL.
Good_Times is offline   Reply With Quote