Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-01-2013, 08:57 AM   #29
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz'n 45th View Post
Got my C.A.I from APEX, installed it and sounds, looks, and runs great. Gas mileage improved as well but it's hard to stay off the accelerator cause it sounds so gooooood!
Looks great!! We shipped out a LOT of V6 units last week so we'll probably be seeing a few more threads like this which makes us

Thanks for choosing Cold Air Inductions Inc.!
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #30
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3406 View Post
Anyone have a reason not to consider a Volant box? I like the fact that its a sealed box unit, it allows you to add water to the washer reservoir without taking the box apart or relocating the reservoir and its 150.00 less than the other sealed box unit most people recommend. I also like the way it looks when installed mimics the look of the stock filter box.
I'm not an expert so take this with a grain of salt.

It's not truly sealed as even the space around the reservoir cap has a gap. It also has a pretty distinct right angle turn in the air pipe. I've read gradual is best.

I'm going to see if I can retrofit the new z/28 intake or an aftermarket version of it.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:08 PM   #31
Sales @ CAI Inc

Drives: 2010 SS/RS Supercharged 427 Build
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
I'm going to see if I can retrofit the new z/28 intake or an aftermarket version of it.
Do you mind me asking why? Just curious
Sales @ CAI Inc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #32
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales @ CAI Inc View Post
Do you mind me asking why? Just curious
As I mentioned in our direct emails, I'd really like a stock look. Not something that looks aftermarket. It's just a personal preference (plus I live in California ...).

If your current model had a black plastic pipe/lid/box option that mimicked the stock plastic thickness/texture with nearly invisible branding, I'd be all over it.

That said, with the Chevrolet "validation" of the visible large cone/hood sealing intake of the Z/28, I believe many customers will like/want that style with a similar build quality going forward.

If the Z/28 intake was available and would fit, I'd buy one today.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:10 PM   #33
Cpaint9041

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
CAI hands down if you can spend $400. If your budget is $300-350 you can find some K&N. Either way if youre not racing or on the track, youll be happy with whatever you get.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #34
joseatt

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS Conv
Just did the Rotofab plus vmax throttle body for just over $400. Roto-fab is on sale at modbargains.com for $277 or if you pickup you pay CA tax. Got the Vmax from Tyler.

Results are amazing. I did the throttle body first and saw the difference with that then the Roto-fab just made it sound amazing and even smoother.
joseatt is offline   Reply With Quote