Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-18-2008, 10:10 PM   #1
65bus

Drives: 92 Z28, 72 Chevy truck, 65 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to 65bus
LOL was told this on another forum, what yall think

Found this on another forum,

QUOTE(hidden for safety @ Aug 9 2008, 08:23 AM)
I found out the pricing of the 09 Camaro, $22,000.00- $33,000.00. I had a feeling the SS "top of the line" would not exceed $35k. The base model V6 (The Cadilliac CTS engine) will have 300 HP, then the RS V8 will have 395 HP & TQ, The SS "The one I'm getting" is gonna have about 420 HP and 408 TQ. All will be offered with a 6M or 6A. The 6.2 liter that will be the Camaros V8 is derived from the Vette, it will also be aval in the GTO, and G6. So it looks that the Camaro is going to be very reasonably priced IMO. Cost about $30K to get a fully loaded Mustang GT which comes with alot less HP.

I'm really excited about the new Camaro coming out, and will have to restrain myself from purchasing one next year. I really want to wait for at least 2 years until the Camaro has been out. This way if there is any bugs, they can be worked out. Also the Dodge challenger is slated to have an optional 425 HP 6.1 Hemi, and I think GM is really gonna up the power train after the Camaro debuts to stay ahead in the HP.

I posted this in reponse,

I dont know were you got your info from but the pricing isnt going to be out until December and the RS is just an app package with halos, wheels, ect...., theres only going to be 3 choices of engines, 300hp DI V6, SS 400hp ATM AFM, and a SS 422hp 6sp no AFM i have a list of important dates to look forward too. Im a member on www.camaro5.com you can find all kinds of info on there,

UPCOMING CAMARO IMPORTANT DATES Schedule of upcoming events:

July 21, 2008
Public reveal

July 22, 2008
First IDL Dealer Broadcast

September 2008
Second IDL Dealer Broadcast

November 3 – 7, 2008
SEMA, Las Vegas, NV LOTS OF ACCESSORIES TO BE ANNOUNCED HERE!

December 2008
Third IDL Dealer Broadcast / Ordering & pricing

January 2009
First round of Dealer orders

February 16th, 2009
Start of Coupe Production

First Quarter 2009
Start of Sale

This is what he responded with,

I guess where you get your information from is a little behind and old. The pricing is gonna be estimated from $22,000.00 - $33,000.00 (est) and this information is a little premature as it is suppose to be for sept.08. Therefore you are correct about it not fully being realeased to the public and being advertised all over. Perhaps you should dig a little deeper into what information you can obtain. I also have information on real test drives of the 09 Camaro, and performance data. The 6.0 which is also shared in the GTO, G6 V8, and the SSR all make the same in HP and all share the same engine. Camaro is expected to hit dealers Jan 09.

Is there any truth to this that i havnt read about on here and need to return to let him know i was wrong thanks, and if hes right im so happy with the price
65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:14 PM   #2
The_Stache
SoCal Race Team #13

Drives: 2010 1SS:RS:LS3:SW
completely left field there...

FACTS we know that throw a bad shadow on any possible "real" information he has.

Production starts julst like you posted, feb 16,09. Tell him you will buy it for twice MSRP if he gets it to you by Jan 30, and if he fails he buys you one.

Oh also tell him that only 2 engines for the first production year.. 3.6 and the 6.2... NO 6.0
Old 08-18-2008, 10:15 PM   #3
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
everything with a grain of salt and did he produce a source? doesn't look like it from these posts. but just respond we'll see in Dec.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Pricing hasn't even been decided by GM.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:20 PM   #5
65bus

Drives: 92 Z28, 72 Chevy truck, 65 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to 65bus
no sorce yet, ill keep informing on it. Also i did tell him no 6.0
i dont know were people get info like this from alot of other forums mention things like this but no proof wasnt sure if i was overlooking it somewere cause i try to stay on top of things in this forum. I love this forum thanks Camaro5.com
65bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:25 PM   #6
Congoman775

Drives: Muscle
no. It's bs.
Congoman775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:26 PM   #7
nester7929
Rice Harvester

Drives: 2014 Bright Yellow 2SS/RS
The guy is full of crap. If this info were leaked, someone on this site would have been all over it. Besides, we know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the RS is an appearance package and not an engine at all, providing a more-than-subtle hint that this guy is talking out his backside.

You shouldn't be happy with the price of the SS at $33,000. The Camaro would tank. That's $7,000 more than a Mustang GT. Most individuals who are interested in buying a Camaro SS know enough about modding to know that 7 grand can make a LOT of hp/torque gains. The truth is, a person could buy a Mustang GT and turbocharge it with that kind of a price difference.

General Motors HAS to keep the price within 1-2k at ALL levels if it wants even a chance at succeeding. With the Mustang and Challenger already eating up what remains of the muscle car market, GM can't afford to both be late to the party and have a car that's significantly more expensive than both of its competitors.
nester7929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #8
camaros and vettes
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2008 Corvette
someone delete this crap!! it is none true!! retard^^^^
camaros and vettes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 10:27 PM   #9
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
EPIC FAIL on his part.

We're not going to know pricing for a while, and anyways, Scott said pricing would be similar to the competition's. So around $20k base price for the base LS.
Old 08-18-2008, 10:40 PM   #10
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
waits for fbod to laugh at that guy...

they used to have guys like that at the videogame forums all the time before major systems were coming out you would hear all sorts of fake rumors and lies...just really bored people who like feeling like they have some power or do it for attention
Old 08-18-2008, 11:22 PM   #11
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
Actually, the sad thing is that most of these people think these things up, yes, but then they convince themselves of them so completely that they actually do think they heard them somewhere. They don't realize that they're sadly mistaken. Right now I'm estimating my LT/RS will come it right at about 24,000 (20-22 starting, +1.5 for LT, +1.5 for RS = 23-25) before my military discount, which should drop it to about 20-23 grand depending on how big the military discount is and how much it is more than the mustang (I can't see it being more than the challenger). I can live with that.
- Xanthos

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 11:25 PM   #12
fldrummer
"Black Ace"

Drives: Supercharged 2010 SS, 2016 Golf R
Since when did the G6 get a V8 option? LOL I'd almost consider buying one if it did. Also, that idiot must have got his pricing info. from Motor Trend.
fldrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:13 AM   #13
GameOv3r

Drives: 2008 Chevy Aveo
Quote:
Originally Posted by nester7929 View Post
The guy is full of crap. If this info were leaked, someone on this site would have been all over it. Besides, we know beyond the shadow of a doubt that the RS is an appearance package and not an engine at all, providing a more-than-subtle hint that this guy is talking out his backside.

You shouldn't be happy with the price of the SS at $33,000. The Camaro would tank. That's $7,000 more than a Mustang GT. Most individuals who are interested in buying a Camaro SS know enough about modding to know that 7 grand can make a LOT of hp/torque gains. The truth is, a person could buy a Mustang GT and turbocharge it with that kind of a price difference.

General Motors HAS to keep the price within 1-2k at ALL levels if it wants even a chance at succeeding. With the Mustang and Challenger already eating up what remains of the muscle car market, GM can't afford to both be late to the party and have a car that's significantly more expensive than both of its competitors.

Man, what are you talking about? The Mustang GT starts out at $28,375 and the 2009 Mustang GT i just built on the site ends up at $36,760. Now that $33000 is what i assume to be around the price of an SS with EVERYTHING or close to it. The base SS should definitely be lower priced close to the base mustang GT price.

A Challenger is just that, a "Challenger." It takes a Camaro to be a "Champion."
GameOv3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 AM   #14
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
WHAT FORUM WAS THIS???????? i must know
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote