Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #15
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
You guys both sell and support excellent products.

We, the enthusiasts, are very appreciative that you do come on this board.

Thank You

I will toss out one more thing if that's OK:
If you know of ANYONE that may be offering HD differentials for the Camaro, please yell !! It is the one component that really has me scrambling for a solution. I have been in contact with Robin at GM, but there nothing out there yet. Any help in locating this type of unit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again.
Actually, I think the weak link are the axles. 2 different Pedders dealers have done programs only for manuals, and have broken axles! My understanding from GM s the diff is pretty strong. We have a special diff bushings and cradle bushing sets that are solid and a high very high dura. Drag racers and very high hp Camaros will seriously appreciate the control yet sound reducing controls they will offer.

Even though Pedders tests all of our products on the track, the emphasis for our parts, when we look at all spectrums, performance, comfort, noise abatement, durability, we are focused for serious aggressive street applications, that just happen to work on a Track as well.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 09:06 PM   #16
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by dms View Post
Actually, I think the weak link are the axles. 2 different Pedders dealers have done programs only for manuals, and have broken axles! My understanding from GM s the diff is pretty strong. We have a special diff bushings and cradle bushing sets that are solid and a high very high dura. Drag racers and very high hp Camaros will seriously appreciate the control yet sound reducing controls they will offer.

Even though Pedders tests all of our products on the track, the emphasis for our parts, when we look at all spectrums, performance, comfort, noise abatement, durability, we are focused for serious aggressive street applications, that just happen to work on a Track as well.

thanks
mike
dms
Thank You for the info, Mike. Yes, the axles were a known weak link right away. Luckily, I have a company that is making HD axles for me. It's that 2 pinion spider and 8.6 ring gear have me more than a little nervous. Robin thinks Eaton is going to build a better center section. The stiffer bushings/cradle that you have though are a necessity... Thanks.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:49 PM   #17
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Thank You for the info, Mike. Yes, the axles were a known weak link right away. Luckily, I have a company that is making HD axles for me. It's that 2 pinion spider and 8.6 ring gear have me more than a little nervous. Robin thinks Eaton is going to build a better center section. The stiffer bushings/cradle that you have though are a necessity... Thanks.
Hey,

make sure you post about the axles. This is a very serious weakness on the Camaro. That will help a lot of poeple. I will tell you, and I am being sincere, you eliminate the slop in the back end by doing our systems, and you will be putting down a whole lot more torque. So it is important for all to make sure they are practicing good torque management ad are prepared. the OEM suspension sucks up a lot of torque.

thanks
mike
dms
Old 09-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #18
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Hey,

make sure you post about the axles. This is a very serious weakness on the Camaro. That will help a lot of poeple. I will tell you, and I am being sincere, you eliminate the slop in the back end by doing our systems, and you will be putting down a whole lot more torque. So it is important for all to make sure they are practicing good torque management ad are prepared. the OEM suspension sucks up a lot of torque.

thanks
mike
dms
I can do that. Probably 8 weeks out. My "pro mod" axles are being produced by a prominent driveshaft company.

Thanks Mike
Old 09-04-2009, 09:54 AM   #19
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
to be a 5th party....

SRA. lol
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:36 PM   #20
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Hi Jordan,

I understand what Brandon was doing and his vehicle is awesome. But a Corvette is not a Camaro. I could post videos of one of your GTO dealers doing a 9 second run , with independent suspension running Pedders suspension and his twin parachutes, and he is only at 60% throttle. But the GTO is not the Camaro.

We both offer this community a great product and it will be up to the individual owners to make their decisions as you mentioned.

We have been thoroughly tested by GM Racing and the engineers at Milford. We have been requested to license our suspension products by GM and are going thru the application process now. It has been a little delayed to to all the reorganization of GM since it has the Obama influence. Maybe we both can come up with a way to get Obama money by qualifying our poly and metal materials will make the Camaro more OBAMA GREEN? LOL

Take care

mike
dms
Mike,

Just like a Camaro isn't a G8 or a GTO which you've posted a ton of skid pad info for..... In fact the G8 is a completely different animal compared to the Camaro and the GTO is even further... Another thing we differ on is changing the wheels and tires; that is far from a direct comparison. Tires will make a huge difference but we aren't tire manufactures. What does your suspension do alone? I think for the customer that is what is important.

I commend you for working on the GM deal. There is certainly more involved there than having the best products; a lot of politics for sure. I've been involved in the Automotive aftermarket my entire life and I know how all of that works.

Kind regards,
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #21
PfadtRacing

Quote:
You guys both sell and support excellent products.

We, the enthusiasts, are very appreciative that you do come on this board.

Thank You

I will toss out one more thing if that's OK:
If you know of ANYONE that may be offering HD differentials for the Camaro, please yell !! It is the one component that really has me scrambling for a solution. I have been in contact with Robin at GM, but there nothing out there yet. Any help in locating this type of unit would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again.
Thank you for the kind remarks!!

Keep us all posted on the HD axles. We'll send a lot of customers your direction! We also have our Engine Mounts, Trans Mount, Solid Sub-frame bushings and Diff bushing to help keep everything where it should be. They will prevent a lot of breakage as well.

Kind regards,
Old 09-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #22
speedster
SST...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
Thank you for the kind remarks!!

Keep us all posted on the HD axles. We'll send a lot of customers your direction! We also have our Engine Mounts, Trans Mount, Solid Sub-frame bushings and Diff bushing to help keep everything where it should be. They will prevent a lot of breakage as well.

Kind regards,
Hey Jordan -

This is a custom "one off" set being made for me (I'm just a car guy, not a car business) but I bet the manufacturer would be happy to know that there is a demand/pipeline for them to do it.

Take Care,
Bruce
Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #23
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
Mike,

Just like a Camaro isn't a G8 or a GTO which you've posted a ton of skid pad info for..... In fact the G8 is a completely different animal compared to the Camaro and the GTO is even further... Another thing we differ on is changing the wheels and tires; that is far from a direct comparison. Tires will make a huge difference but we aren't tire manufactures. What does your suspension do alone? I think for the customer that is what is important.

I commend you for working on the GM deal. There is certainly more involved there than having the best products; a lot of politics for sure. I've been involved in the Automotive aftermarket my entire life and I know how all of that works.

Kind regards,
There is a serious relationship between the G8 and the Camaro since both are Zeta platforms. The design is identical, but the Camaro a larger front radius rod bushing, but eliminated adjustability, which we have fixed, a larger rear cradle bushing assembly, changed some of the link bolts from a 12 to a 14mm mounting bolt, eliminated the lower control arm outer bushing, and changed the strut heights and coils to accomodate body shape, and different bends on the sway bars to again acommodate again body shape and sizes.

We have tons of time invested in the G8 and had no issues in making one that would out perform a Z06 on an open track with only 275 tires.. This gave us a lot of insight on the Camaro with the shorter wheel base, massive body role and understeer. So of all the vehicle combos, the G8 is the most appropriate vehicle to compare.

Have a great weekend!

mike
dms
Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 PM   #24
PfadtRacing

ECS C5 Vert 1.2 60ft!!!!

I want to say congrats to Doug and the ECS crew for laying down a 1.28 sec. 60ft!!!! The car ran an 8.70 ET at 157 mph!!!!! This is the first IRS Vette into the 1.2 60ft range and it was done with our suspension and drivetrain components!

HERE is the thread on Corvette forum!

Kind regards,

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 09-04-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:38 PM   #25
PfadtRacing

Quote:
There is a serious relationship between the G8 and the Camaro since both are Zeta platforms. The design is identical, but the Camaro a larger front radius rod bushing, but eliminated adjustability, which we have fixed, a larger rear cradle bushing assembly, changed some of the link bolts from a 12 to a 14mm mounting bolt, eliminated the lower control arm outer bushing, and changed the strut heights and coils to accomodate body shape, and different bends on the sway bars to again acommodate again body shape and sizes.

We have tons of time invested in the G8 and had no issues in making one that would out perform a Z06 on an open track with only 275 tires.. This gave us a lot of insight on the Camaro with the shorter wheel base, massive body role and understeer. So of all the vehicle combos, the G8 is the most appropriate vehicle to compare.

Have a great weekend!

mike
dms
I agree they both use a ZETA platform but they are totally different cars. The weight/COG is different and that means the balance is different. As you mentioned the Camaro is shorter; again this changes the dynamics. This means the sway rates will be different along with the damping and spring rate of the coil overs. We design parts for each specific chassis and application.

You keep saying you'll beat a Z06. What was done to the Z06 and what was done to the G8? Was the same driver driving each car? I could beat a lot of Z06's in a Miata if the Z06 driver was a beginner. We've got a Z06 and I'll bring it out if you want to run it against your G8. We'll even run on the Run flats. Just name the place.

Kind regards,
Old 09-04-2009, 02:00 PM   #26
PfadtRacing

Quote:
Hey Jordan -

This is a custom "one off" set being made for me (I'm just a car guy, not a car business) but I bet the manufacturer would be happy to know that there is a demand/pipeline for them to do it.

Take Care,
Bruce
Bruce,

I understand; this will be a worth while upgrade for the guys making Big HP running sticky tires. Have a great weekend and we'll talk to you soon!

Kind regards,
Old 09-04-2009, 06:52 PM   #27
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
I agree they both use a ZETA platform but they are totally different cars. The weight/COG is different and that means the balance is different. As you mentioned the Camaro is shorter; again this changes the dynamics. This means the sway rates will be different along with the damping and spring rate of the coil overs. We design parts for each specific chassis and application.

You keep saying you'll beat a Z06. What was done to the Z06 and what was done to the G8? Was the same driver driving each car? I could beat a lot of Z06's in a Miata if the Z06 driver was a beginner. We've got a Z06 and I'll bring it out if you want to run it against your G8. We'll even run on the Run flats. Just name the place.

Kind regards,
the Z06 is is totally stock. I have mentioned this as well. I know what can be done to A Z06 and it is substantial. Our goals now with the Camaro will be to see how it fares with a stock ZR1 at Gingerman. We will have professional drivers doing this and not us. Hope that clears that up.

The Z06 target is specifically the goal because chatting with 100s and 100s of Camaro owners and potential owners, they make the comparison question to us and have asked us to compare what it can do. Now I have been in a stock Z06, but with upgraded pads, at Laguna with a professional driver, and I was pretty impressed, considering it had 3500 miles on it and was driven 2 months after taking it off the show room. So I have serious respect for the Vettes and what they can do. I have not had the pleasure to drive a ZR1. but talking to some of our dealers who also specialize in Vettes, they are impressed but know that they still leave a lot on the table.

So if we can make a Camaro at $50K or so, that can be competitive to a Z06 and/or a ZR1, that would be a good thing for both of us. many Camaro guys have bought or will buy a Camaro instead of the Vette for many reasons other than $$$ So to give them a great, reliable experience, and a unique vehicle considerably cheaper than a Z06, would be a great thing for this community don't you think?

Have a great weekend

mike
dms
Old 09-04-2009, 07:08 PM   #28
Ject
aka Patrick

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS '04 Silverado
Send a message via Yahoo to Ject
when saying the Axels... you both reffering to the 2 rear half shafts correct?

Also, Question for Pfadt....
The Pfadt Carbon Fiber Drive Shaft Assembly, will there be one available for the Camaro ?

I love Pedders suspension.... but the website confuses me as to what products are actually available.