Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-18-2009, 10:28 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Tom Henry Racing Announces a Special Edition 2010 Camaro!

In late March, Tom Henry Racing announced plans to market its own special-edition 2010 Camaro. The "Tom Henry Racing Camaro" will build on the reputation established by Tom Henry Racing (THR) when it built and sold the unique "Tom Henry SS" Camaro during 2001 and 2002.

image by Jinx
Quote:
A V8 Tom Henry Racing Camaro with the front splitter and the fender hash marks. If hash marks aren't your thing, also available are racing strips or a hockey stick graphics package. Image: Tom Henry Racing.
This customized, performance-enhanced version of the new, 2010 version of Chevrolet's famed sports coupe will be sold exclusively by Tom Henry Racing, the high-performance subsidiary of Bakerstown, Pennsylvania dealer, Tom Henry Chevrolet.

"At Tom Henry Racing, we've always been partial to Camaro," Henry says. "Our special Camaros have always been more narrowly-focused products for hard core enthusiasts. The focus is on the look and feel of a road racing car. Our appearance upgrades and performance modifications are intended to give our customers that road race ambience."

During an announcement at his dealership 15 miles north of Pittsburgh, Henry laid out tentative plans for the next version of his company's specialized interpretation of the Camaro--a car for that iconic Chevrolet's most serious fans. One point which Henry drove home is that, unlike his company's last Camaro customizing effort, the new Tom Henry Racing Camaro program allows buyers more leeway in "cherry-picking" various appearance and performance enhancements to make just the "THRC" they want.

The Chevy hot rodders at THR will start with either the V6 Camaro LT or the V8-powered SS. You can have a Tom Henry Racing Camaro in any stock color along or a special extra cost, THR Jetstream Blue. On V8's, the stock grille will be replaced by a tricked-out "SS Grille" specially designed by Tom Henry Racing. A front splitter is an option and gives the car a very aggressive look from the front. Three more, optional, visual enhancements are planned, twin "racing" stripes, inspired by the popular look of the first generation Camaros, the Hockey-Stick stripe package popular on the '69s, or right front fender "hash marks" which carry on the visual tradition of the 1996 Grand Sport and the 2007 Ron Fellows edition Corvette Z06es.

Giving the rear of the car a hard-core, performance accent, the space between the tail lights on the Tom Henry Camaros will get a matte-black-coated "tail panel" and a body-color "duck tail" type spoiler, like the one used in the "Jr. Camaro" concept shown at the 2008 SEMA Show, will be another choice. All the cars will get a "Tom Henry Racing" windshield header and special Tom Henry Racing Camaro nameplates on the front fenders.

Stock Camaro springs will be replaced by higher-rate, aftermarket springs which will both firm-up the car's handling and improve its appearance by lowering it half to three-quarters of an inch. Unique aftermarket wheels will replace the stock pieces. The combination of the lower ride height and different wheels better fill the wheel wells and gives the THRC that hard-core, racer look the stock Camaro lacks, but which is demanded by serious enthusiasts interested in uncompromising road cars.

Tom Henry Racing Camaros will have some specially-selected modifications to the powertrain. Both the V6 and V8 versions will be equipped with an aftermarket, low-restriction exhaust system, a low-restriction, cold-air intake system and custom ECM programming. In addition, the V8 THRCs can be fitted with a set of long-tube headers and the exhaust system will incorporate an X-pipe. The LS3 engine will get a set of 1.85:1 rocker arms. Taken as a package, these changes should increase a THRC V8's power from the stock 422-hp to 440-hp. If a Tom Henry Racing customer selects an optional supercharger, available early in 2010, horsepower goes to over 500.

image by Jinx
Quote:
This THRC has a rear deck spoiler. A larger, body-color, duck tail spoiler is also available. Image: Tom Henry Racing.
The first of the Tom Henry Racing Camaros will be ready by late June 2009.

For more information, contact Tom Henry through the email form at http://www.tomhenryracing.com/contact.htm.
http://www.camarohomepage.com/THRSS/default.htm
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:30 PM   #2
HTWLSS
Camaro Disciple

Drives: Camaro, Chevelle, Corvette...
Send a message via MSN to HTWLSS
Oh, sure......I find out about this AFTER ours was built! Dangit!

http://modernclassicsauto.com
'68 Chevelle Malibu Coupe; '67 Chevelle Wagon; '99 Convertible Camaro SS #0069; '07 Z06; '06 Silverado Crew Cab 2500 4x4 dually; '14 Sonic RS Hatchback
HTWLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:34 PM   #3
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
Wow, nice! Thanks for post. Love them wheels!

"The future is in the windshield, not the rear-view mirror!"

"If you haven't gone a 175 mph on land, you haven't lived! That's just a fact!" - Ricky Bobby
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:36 PM   #4
LosXC451

Drives: 2010 SS SIM w/ RS
will it be possible to have all the parts be put on your car after you get it? OR buying them individually?
LosXC451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #5
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
What's with the stripes on the fender?
Old 04-18-2009, 10:41 PM   #6
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
.... Tag you're cruel...
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:04 PM   #7
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTWLSS View Post
Oh, sure......I find out about this AFTER ours was built! Dangit!
Hey, vin 295 sure as heck isn't bad! Maybe you can drop ship it to him and have some stuff put on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Streak View Post
Wow, nice! Thanks for post. Love them wheels!

Oh yeah...diggin' the wheels too....but I'm hoping for something a liiiiiiittle different.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosXC451 View Post
will it be possible to have all the parts be put on your car after you get it? OR buying them individually?
Good question. I don't know. Shoot him an email, see what he says, and let us know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPO_Z28 View Post
What's with the stripes on the fender?
That's a little signature deal of his.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerlinZero View Post
.... Tag you're cruel...

Yes. Yes, I AM! MUAH HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

Old 04-18-2009, 11:06 PM   #8
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
By the way, a little bird told me, this photoshop was done by Jinx.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:35 PM   #9
Restroom
Screw it; buying a Vette

Drives: '08 Corvette C6 Coupe (A6)
Thumbs down

So let's see, put a set of painted BBS REs (which aren't made anymore) on it, slap on an altered stripe vinyl, one of those hideous boy-racer windshield headers, do something (what?) to the suspension and exhaust (don't SSes come with X-pipes to begin with?), a license plate frame, an airbox and an ECM tune. How much, and why do I want his name on my car again?

Last edited by Restroom; 04-18-2009 at 11:38 PM. Reason: (insensitive comment before I knew the history)
Restroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 11:38 PM   #10
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Oh yeah...diggin' the wheels too....but I'm hoping for something a liiiiiiittle different.

ZR1 Rims on your CGM Camaro =
Old 04-19-2009, 02:34 AM   #11
Milk 1027
Camaro➎ moderator

Drives: '13 BLK 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
So let's see, put a set of painted BBS REs (which aren't made anymore) on it, slap on an altered stripe vinyl, one of those hideous boy-racer windshield headers, do something (what?) to the suspension and exhaust (don't SSes come with X-pipes to begin with?), a license plate frame, an airbox and an ECM tune. How much, and why do I want his name on my car again?
You need to do some more research. Even after the edit. Most of your comments are a bit ignorant.
Old 04-19-2009, 02:44 AM   #12
Camaro68

Drives: 68 Camaro 327ci 2SS/RS 376ci LS3
Milk

All your avitors are awesome

Tag that will be a sick Camaro... NICE

6000 Vehicle Delivered to Customer 6-23-10
Camaro68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 AM   #13
2KZ28_For_Now
SS Shotgun Ride?!??! :-)

Drives: 2000 Z28
500+ HP eventually? Cool.
Old 04-19-2009, 11:42 AM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restroom View Post
If you don't like the wheels, you can do smething different. That's one of the cool things about his deal....but, I'm sure you read that, right?

Altered stripe vinyl...um...yeah...a signature of Tom's...and?

"hideous boy-racer windshield header"....ok, you don't like it. you are entitled to your own opinion.

something to the suspension?...yep. Has to do w/ springs...

exhaust? ... x-pipes? ...well, I believe the details included headers...which just about everyone wants...or would love to put on their cars....

license plate frame? sorry...didn't see that one in the details...

air box and tune? ... another option a lot of people would like....but probably not you. ...which is okay... I can respect that.

how much is a question which depends on your configuration.

Why you want his name on your car: Read his link and what he did w/ 4th Gens...and swapping in LS7's in place of LS1's...

Tom did a lot to make special edition 4th Gens. They are highly sought out by some enthusiasts. Some folks like to make "their own" special Camaro. Others like to have the dealer put everything together in a package for them. If you want to leave your car stock....or build it up to your liking by yourself....or get it from the factory to the dealer and have the dealer help you create something special, then that's the way to go.

Personally, I want to own a piece of piece of history that will retain it's value, is something different from factory, and will be looked at with wide eyes from not just the general public, but enthusiasts as well.

Everyone has their own opinions and I respect other folks choices. If something floats your boat, then cool. This is what I like...and many others like special editions as well....like Baldwin Motion, Berger, Yenko, Dick Herrell, etc....and to my knowledge, not a whole lot of people do special editions any more. So, here it is. Tom is trying to build a special edition for those enthusiasts who want to own something from the factory/dealer that is "special."

I could reference some special edition Mustangs or Lingenfelter as well, but hopefully you understand what we mean when we talk about special edition Camaros now as well.

Take care!

~Tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KZ28_For_Now View Post
500+ HP eventually? Cool.
Yep. Waiting on SLP and testing to further possible Stage II and Stage III THRSS's. Can't wait to see how those turn out!