Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 03-04-2014, 07:04 AM   #29
xXSicSicSicXx

Drives: 14 1LE
this is why i'll never black out my tail lights..
xXSicSicSicXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:15 AM   #30
cliffdog89

Drives: 2LT/RS M6 '12 Camaro
Same thing happened to me. It was 4K repair (get them to upgrade the exhaust while they are doing it (the gm exhaust is 1700 so an upgrade is cheaper). Now my lights and trunk wasn't messed up so I'm guessing you are looking close to 6K in damages.

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2014, 07:20 AM   #31
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
Glad you're okay.
Old 03-04-2014, 12:21 PM   #32
RallyellowRS

Drives: 2012 2LT RS
I was in two auto accidents in my life both drivers were uninsured and each time my car was totaled. For the Philly folks the first accident I was ever involved in I was makeing a left on to Roosevelt Blvd and a guy ran a red light, if I was into the intersection 3 ft futher I don't know if I would be here today. I was in my boyfriends car (now my husband) Chevy Caviler Z24 Vert. I just realized both of my accidents were in a Chevy and I walked away.
RallyellowRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:15 PM   #33
jpimlott

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE Red Hot Camaro
Mine got hit 12 days after i bought it :( Karma for me from when i was a kid and hit a truck with insurance. My did not have sheet metal damage and was 2200 for fix.
good luck
Old 03-04-2014, 03:21 PM   #34
knitetrain05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edi
I work with a guy that said he got rear ended last night too. Funny, I looked at his car and there was no damage. He said something, like it had to do with him being gay??
knitetrain05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #35
ExCrystal

Drives: 2017 2SS NGM
Hmmm... hard to say.

I wanna say at least $5,500 min - that's how much mine was with all the parts needed to be replaced. I was hit in the same place as you, too - just a little less severe as you. Looks like you'll need a whole new rear fascia, exhaust system, bumper, trunk lid, etc - maybe even a tire and rim. I'm not a car expert, but it's prob gonna add up.

Just make sure your brake clamps and wheels are correctly aligned when you get her fixed.

Either way, sorry for your unfortunate mishap :( Glad you weren't hurt (from what I've read). Good luck!
ExCrystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:51 PM   #36
Leem12

Drives: 2012 Chevy Camaro (RS)
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitetrain05 View Post
I work with a guy that said he got rear ended last night too. Funny, I looked at his car and there was no damage. He said something, like it had to do with him being gay??

Lmfao good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Leem12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 05:01 PM   #37
RS117

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RollaMo View Post
I have some experience in this, as I too was rear-ended about 2 months ago by a driver without insurance. I wasn't in the Camaro though, but it did total my pickup.

The other driver did present an insurance card to the officer at the time.
But when I went to file the claim with them, that is when they told me his policy had expired.

When that happens, you go back to your insurance company and they will file the claim (it won't be a chargeable accident), so you don't have to worry about your rates.
Your insurance will take care of the damage to your car, assuming you have full coverage.
But you will have to pay your deductible for now.

Now the good part. Your insurance company will go after the other driver with a vengeance!
They will start the process to have his license taken away, and won't let up until he pays them back for your claim.
You will get your deductible back then also.

Bottom line is he will either pay them back or lose his license.

Note: This is what happen in the state of Missouri.

Turns out my truck was totaled. My insurance gave me "retail" value for the truck, and is now in the process of getting their money back from the guy that hit me.
Their lawyers won't give up until they get their money back either.
I have to agree with Broke Pilot. Insurance companies will probably try, but not get anything done. I'm in CA. I was hit a 8 months ago by an uninsured driver. Insurance company determined it was his fault and was in the process of trying to get the money. Repairs cost $2,300, they had his name, license info, phone, address, and work location. Got a letter 2 months ago saying they are closing the case and were unable to retrieve any money. And that's it. I had to pay my deductible since I was not covered for uninsured drivers. My insurance is Mercury, but after this I will probably change. Yours may have been more aggressive since your car was totaled. For a case like mine, and probably the OP, they wont push too hard.

Back to OP, I am not sure how much it will cost. But my car was hit on the front drivers side. Needed a new fender and bumper, then after they started working on it, they found some slight structure damage and needed a new headlight. Estimate was $1,200, and turned to $2,300. Headlight alone was $700. Fortunately I went with the insurance place, which was not a bad body shop, and the increase was not a problem. Point is, more damage may be found after they take it apart. Just make sure you go to a good reputable shop and hope everything turns out okay.

I know it sucks, and dealing with other people, especially the guy that hit me can be a nightmare. Good luck.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:34 PM   #38
RollaMo

Drives: 2017 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS117 View Post
I have to agree with Broke Pilot. Insurance companies will probably try, but not get anything done. I'm in CA.
Agree with him or not, I told you what happens in the state of Missouri and a good insurance company.

This is the second time I have had this happen to me.
In this first case, the damage wasn't total. Only about $2,300 damage.
It took almost 2 years (sometimes the legal process is just slow), but I did get my deductible back after he paid my insurance company back.

I got a call today that they have made payment arrangements with the guy that hit me.
They will go after his license in Missouri if they don't recoup their loss.

As I said, this is in the state of Missouri
And State Farm insurance.

Perhaps some of those "online" company's won't go to bat for you?
If that is the case, then you can always do your legal fighting yourself.
But that is really part of what your paying insurance premiums for.
2015 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited
RollaMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:22 PM   #39
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leem12 View Post
I kno what your talking about. I hate driving on the blvd, but I'm away at school in West Virginia so it happened out here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
where in WV do you go to school? I live 15 mintues from Morgantown(WVU) and I went to Alderson Broaddus, and Shephard also.

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:50 PM   #40
BooSSted

Drives: 2017 Z06 / 2012 CTS
That really sucks man hope you get it back together asap.
BooSSted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:31 PM   #41
Valkyrja
Shieldmaiden

Drives: 2014 Summit White 2LT/RS
Ouch, poor Camaro.

Philly has always been bad for uninsured motorists. Back when I was learning to drive I remember hearing that it was about 50% (the late 80s).

Hope that you can get her fixed quickly and that the jerk pays for it.
Valkyrja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 11:00 PM   #42
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubscamaro View Post
Dang...You might get a new SS What idiot drives without insurance?! EVEN WITHOUT MINIMUM COVERAGE?!
Come to Philly. About 1/3 of the population.

I'd peg that at $5K in damage
ChocoTaco369 is offline   Reply With Quote