Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest / Pacific Northwest

Old 08-04-2012, 03:57 PM   #1
TravisTrout
Hot roddin' Steamfitter!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 CGM
Question HELP! Need install and dyno advice.

I'm getting ready to add a long list of goodies and I want to know where you guys have been going for installs and Dyno testing in the greater Seattle area.
Close to Federal Way and a shop specializing in Drag strip set ups would be the best. Thanks in advance for the tips!
TravisTrout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 2SS Black Camaro
Well, for installs I done all myself. For Dyno tuning you have Card connection in Kirkland, WA. But, I was told the best tuning guy Is Tom Wong in Vancouver, WA.
Now Alex did really a nice job for me at Carb connection.
camarossowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #3
MonsterV6

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisTrout View Post
I'm getting ready to add a long list of goodies and I want to know where you guys have been going for installs and Dyno testing in the greater Seattle area.
Close to Federal Way and a shop specializing in Drag strip set ups would be the best. Thanks in advance for the tips!
Same here I install my own parts, what are you looking to install?

Your going to need to drop your beast off at my job so I can check it out lol
481rwhp 436 rwtq on a Mustang dyno, BTR stage iv comp cam, Stainless power headers w/ highflow cats, G5CR intake, straight pipe, vmax throttle body, 6k hid fog & headlights, BMR strut bar, LG Motorsport coilovers Hurst short shifter, Elite catch can, Stillen splitter,cypher harness bar,
MonsterV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Drives: PSHHH UWISH
Okay just my .02 cents but i would not take it to Alex with Carb Connection, take it to Vancouver and have Tom do any and all work for your whip by him. I personally had a bad experience with Carb Conn, when it came time to do other things to my ride, i performed the work and towed it down to Tom because of pricing and quality with Carb Conn! Not only did he Tune my ride but balanced my motor which made a night and day difference!
Old 08-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #5
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farthestnorth View Post
Okay just my .02 cents but i would not take it to Alex with Carb Connection, take it to Vancouver and have Tom do any and all work for your whip by him. I personally had a bad experience with Carb Conn, when it came time to do other things to my ride, i performed the work and towed it down to Tom because of pricing and quality with Carb Conn! Not only did he Tune my ride but balanced my motor which made a night and day difference!
Old 08-04-2012, 07:21 PM   #6
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
My experience with Alex at carb Conn wasn't so great either... I only had it Dyno'd, but in my opinion (formed after plenty of discussion with others), he calibrates his Dyno low just to sell you stuff you might not need.
Old 08-04-2012, 09:09 PM   #7
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Originally Posted by camarossowner View Post
Like i said Tom my .02 cents. I was going to have them also order my LS3 conversion kit, LS7 lifters, Pac Springs, Manley Connecting Rods, Manley Valves, New Timing Gear & Chain, Alex gave me a price almost 2 grand to the other person i got a quote from, and i had Tom Wong Do the rest for another 2 grand cheaper than Alex so if the poster on this thread thinks about it he better check out which one is best for him and his pocket book, and i will just give you my experience with Carb Conn which was not good one bit!
Old 08-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #8
camarossowner
Account Suspended

I understand completely. Lucky for me I never had any problems with Alex. He's up front about everything. Sorry, you had a bad relations with he. Do you think Tom Wong can pull more than 576HP and 510 torque on my ride? I just don't want to spend another 500 for him to tell me there's now to tune left on the motor setup I have.

Quote:
Like i said Tom my .02 cents. I was going to have them also order my LS3 conversion kit, LS7 lifters, Pac Springs, Manley Connecting Rods, Manley Valves, New Timing Gear & Chain, Alex gave me a price almost 2 grand to the other person i got a quote from, and i had Tom Wong Do the rest for another 2 grand cheaper than Alex so if the poster on this thread thinks about it he better check out which one is best for him and his pocket book, and i will just give you my experience with Carb Conn which was not good one bit!
Old 08-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #9
camarossowner
Account Suspended

Just sent Tom Wong an email. Let's see what he say's!!!!!
Old 08-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #10
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Quote:
Just sent Tom Wong an email. Let's see what he say's!!!!!
I would have a guy named Jeff Carver in your neck of the woods Tom Balance your motor first, then go from there! Have you balanced your motor harmonically?

Edit: I will Pm you his info when i can find it, but he is just a LSX tech and very good at what he does (Burien). Everyone here in Lombardo Next level which is a group i am part of swears by Tom Wong!

Last edited by RED DEMON SS; 08-05-2012 at 01:42 PM.
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:39 PM   #11
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Tom you have a pro charger correct? If so have you ever had your motor balanced?

9305 NE HWY 99, Vancouver, WA.
1 (360) 695-9433
Closed until tomorrow 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
Old 08-05-2012, 01:46 PM   #12
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Do you have Resonance in your motor Tom? If anyone can tune it Tom Can!

Quote:
I understand completely. Lucky for me I never had any problems with Alex. He's up front about everything. Sorry, you had a bad relations with he. Do you think Tom Wong can pull more than 576HP and 510 torque on my ride? I just don't want to spend another 500 for him to tell me there's now to tune left on the motor setup I have.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:59 PM   #13
camarossowner
Account Suspended

I have the Vortech S/C and the kit came with an ATI balance kit and Not sure what you mean by resonance in your motor. I runs exactly the same before I s/c it. I get hwy mileage in an average of 21.5 mpg and in the city around 16 mpg.

Quote:
Do you have Resonance in your motor Tom? If anyone can tune it Tom Can!
Old 08-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #14
RED DEMON SS
OFF THE CHAIN

Wow that's great numbers! (Is that the V-3 Si Supercharger Kit?) My motor would barely run when i got it back from Alex, he said they tuned it. When i went into my ECM i found out they did not tune it and used a stock S/C tune with some tweaks...
On another note i wished i could get that kind of gasmileage!

Resonance: Choppy, Jumpy, Out of balance is what i meant.

Last edited by RED DEMON SS; 08-05-2012 at 02:20 PM.
RED DEMON SS is offline   Reply With Quote