Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > Canada

Old 07-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #1
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Window Tints, BC Vancouver

Hi guys,

I'm looking for some window tints locally in Vancouver, BC.

Any of you guys know any good places for this?
Let me know,

thanks in Advance =D
Old 07-07-2010, 09:14 AM   #2
Nitrosniffer
40 Years Later

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro w/ RS - CGM
I was recommended to go to a tinting shop in PoCo (I think it was Advanced Window Coverings) by the ex-service manager for Carter Chev in PoCo.
He said they do a ceramic tint there, and they're top notch - no lines, no dark areas, etc - it looks like it's factory tint. He did caution me that you have to pay to play, though. If I talk to him today, I will confirm the name of the place.
Nitrosniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 09:49 AM   #3
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Got mine done at detail concepts in Langley... They did my truck years ago and the tint still looked new when I sold it. They will warranty bubbles or other defects.
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
Chassis: Hotchkis Chassis Max Brace, BMR Pro Cradle Bushings
Exterior:: Shine by Adam's.
...and plenty more
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 11:52 AM   #4
jagan323
I have no life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrosniffer View Post
I was recommended to go to a tinting shop in PoCo (I think it was Advanced Window Coverings) by the ex-service manager for Carter Chev in PoCo.
He said they do a ceramic tint there, and they're top notch - no lines, no dark areas, etc - it looks like it's factory tint. He did caution me that you have to pay to play, though. If I talk to him today, I will confirm the name of the place.
Thank you Nitrosniffer =D Please do let me know Price and place!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliwrench View Post
Got mine done at detail concepts in Langley... They did my truck years ago and the tint still looked new when I sold it. They will warranty bubbles or other defects.
Hmm, yeah I think I'll want some kind of warranty on mine as well... I see cars with tinted windows and bubbles, just looks horrible.
Old 07-07-2010, 12:04 PM   #5
Heliwrench

Just make sure they know how to deal with the window indexing... they have to bypass the indexing by pressing in the latch in the door so the window is up all the way with the door open, then dry the bottom of the tint fully before closing the door. (open the handle to index the window back down first) Otherwise it will peel up at the bottom. He ****ed up on the first one
Suspension: BMR Trailing Arms and Bushings, FE6 Swaybar Conversion With Pedders 27mm Front and 32mm Rear ZL1 Swaybars and Links
...and plenty more
Old 07-07-2010, 02:19 PM   #6
jagan323
I have no life

Oh... I was only going to tint the Back window and the two small ones in the back =o. I thought it was illegal to tint anything else? =o
Old 07-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #7
Heliwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
Oh... I was only going to tint the Back window and the two small ones in the back =o. I thought it was illegal to tint anything else? =o
It is.
...and plenty more
Old 07-08-2010, 12:16 AM   #8
jagan323
I have no life

On the subject of illegal tinting... do you guys know if it's Illegal to black out your tail lights? =o I've seen a couple cars with them on... not sure if they are illegal in Vancouver
Old 07-08-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
Heliwrench

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagan323 View Post
On the subject of illegal tinting... do you guys know if it's Illegal to black out your tail lights? =o I've seen a couple cars with them on... not sure if they are illegal in Vancouver
Also illegal. I'm pretty much a rolling violation.

I've always figured if a cop pulls me over strictly for my tail lights... He must be having a pretty rough day, I'll just take the ticket for him haha
...and plenty more
Old 07-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #10
jagan323
I have no life

lol thanks Heliwrench for the clarification lol =p I don't think I want to risk it then lol. =D
Old 07-08-2010, 11:19 AM   #11
Edge.128

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS
most people just take the ticket and pay it and keep on driving. my buddy had a truck with full limo tint, headlights and tailights blacked out, and drove it for 5 or 6 years and was never pulled over once for it so I wouldn't worry to much. basically they will pull you over for speeding or something else and then add on a ticket for the tint if they are in a crappy mood.... otherwise I don't think they really care about it.
Edge.128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #12
jagan323
I have no life

lol, thats awesome... I wish i had the bawls to do that... but I don't lol. I'm already cringing everytime when im facing a cop car, because i dont have front Licence plates attached... as you can see in my Sig. lol. O_o
Old 07-21-2010, 03:01 PM   #13
Nitrosniffer
40 Years Later

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro w/ RS - CGM
Rehashing this topic:
I've got a note in to the guy who got the tint in PoCo (he was on Vacation for a while - couldn't get a hold of him).
However, on the topic of the front licence plate mount - I had a cop ask about mine the other day - I was rolling with my licence plate in the window. He asked about it, and I informed him that I had a hidden mount on order from the states, and it would be 4-6 weeks to arrive, and I didn't want to drill holes in the front of the bumper, as I would have to do with the GM one. He understood that shipping takes a while, and let me go without so much as a warning.
Just an idea, may keep you flying under the radar.
Nitrosniffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:41 PM   #14
jagan323
I have no life

Thanks Nitro. I appreciate that you are still asking about the tints for me. Also, thanks for the License plate story too lol. Just hope we all come off so lucky =p.