Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #15
orangejuice
H1 OFCR

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
Good to see people helping people instead of people taking advantage of others for once. Seems like thats all you hear on the news these days.
ZL1 Hood/Fascia
AAC Afterburners/Sidemarkers
Havoc Black Chrome
5% Tint/20% Smoked Taillights

orangejuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
Fnfalguy
Supreme Advisor

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
A ported TB will help reduce the "lag" you feel when you step on it. Takes a second to kick in and go. Again that will help reduce it quite a bit. Price depends on if you go used or new. between $150 & $300. Most places require you to pay a core deposit then when you get your new ported unit you send back your old stock one and then get a core refund. Many vendors here sell them. Give Tracy a shout at RX performance in Bradenton. He can get you hooked up with one.

Just a tip though since you have an intake also. After i installed both an intake and a ported TB i ended up needing to new MAF. The one i had was weak and was flaking out due to the increased airflow. Once i dropped in the new stronger MAF everything cleared up. Not everyone has this issue and many peoples come factory with a strong MAF. Luck of the draw.
Thanks for the insight. However, will changing your TB void your GM Powertrane Warranty and what exactly is MAF?
Fnfalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #17
danvillekidd
2013 ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 m6
The only part of the warranty a ported TB would void is the TB itself. My guess is most service techs wouldn't know the difference between a non ported TB and a ported one since the companies take stock ones and machine them.

MAF= Mass Air Flow- sensor that reads the amount of air going into the engine.
danvillekidd is offline   Reply With Quote