Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 03-07-2012, 12:03 PM   #1
L99SS

Drives: '10 Camaro IOM
Chrysler recalling 266k Liberties for rust

Fractures reported in rear LCAs as a result of excessive corrosion from road salt.

Chrysler recalls 266K Jeep Liberty SUVs
Old 03-07-2012, 02:21 PM   #2
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
That's Toledo for ya! *rimshot*

Seriously.. I'm even surprised my LCAs are holding out this long for having spent 12 years here in Toledo. Then again MOPARs also did rust as fast as Fords did back in the day..
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 04:54 AM   #3
jasonhall

Drives: honda nsx 1991
In addition to that news Chrysler will start notifying owners around the end of April, when the recall is scheduled to begin. Owners will be directed to take their Liberty SUV to the nearest Chrysler or Jeep dealership, where the vehicle will be fitted with new control arms. The model years affected is for 2004 and 2005, affecting more than 200,000 automobiles. The issue is with road salts used in specific states, which can cause the rear lower control arms, an important part of the steering system, to corrode and break. A record of 84 incidents involving the rear lower control arms breaking because of corrosion, but no car accidents or injuries were caused as a result of the defect.
jasonhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #4
AnjellS

Drives: None
WOW! I must predict that their sales on the coming years will decrease as they have have conducted recall. Sorry to hear that! But I believe your company will surpass this kind of challenging experience. Good luck and more power!

In addition to your post, this is what I have read. Here it goes. "A recall has been announced for the Jeep Liberty. The model years affected is for 2004 and 2005, affecting more than 200,000 automobiles. The issue is with road salts used in specific states, which can cause the rear lower control arms, an important part of the steering system, to corrode and break."

Try to check this out for confirmation: Road salt corrosion leads to Jeep Liberty recall
AnjellS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:01 AM   #5
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjellS View Post
WOW! I must predict that their sales on the coming years will decrease as they have have conducted recall. Sorry to hear that! But I believe your company will surpass this kind of challenging experience. Good luck and more power!

In addition to your post, this is what I have read. Here it goes. "A recall has been announced for the Jeep Liberty. The model years affected is for 2004 and 2005, affecting more than 200,000 automobiles. The issue is with road salts used in specific states, which can cause the rear lower control arms, an important part of the steering system, to corrode and break."

Try to check this out for confirmation: Road salt corrosion leads to Jeep Liberty recall

If recalls effected car sales as much as you seem to think, Toyota would be the worst selling brand of them all right now instead of having as STILL the top selling car in the country (and how many of those have been recalled? Well over 1 million?" What about new sonics having to be recalled because they were shipped to dealerships MISSING brake calipers?
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote