Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: Have You Got Into An Accident Since Owning Your Camaro?
Yes 73 27.34%
No 194 72.66%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 AM   #1
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Since Purchasing Your Camaro Have You Got Into An Accident Yet?

Seeing every week another fallen Camaro on here makes me wonder just how many members on the Camaro community have got into an accident due to careless driving or just a reckless driver. If you'd like to vote or share your expierence with us feel free vent we won't judge you!

Some of the worst cases i've seen people hit parked cars, poles, and somene backing up into their Camaro in a parking lot.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:30 AM   #2
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Yes. Not at fault, guy backed into me.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #3
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
well my answer is no. but i happen to take my other car out to eat one day. again all random. came home with 14k in damage from my bimmer , if i had the camaro. i would be pissed!
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:03 AM   #4
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
i totaled my first camaro. it had nothing to do with careless or reckless driving.

i slept an hour the night before a long TOUGH day at work and fell asleep at the wheel on the freeway on the way home and hit an oncoming car.

it was a new mercedes and neither me or the other driver were hurt, despite the high velocity impact and both cars being totaled. i can deal with the increased insurance rates, i'm just glad nobody got hurt. if i still had that mazda 3, i might not have gotten out of it unharmed. even the tow truck driver told me those little mazda 3's (and the occupants) don't do well in crashes.

safe cars FTW!
POS 2011 Mazda 3 - traded in for camaro
2001 Ford F-150 - traded in for mazda
brandonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:14 AM   #5
Renegade
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post
i totaled my first camaro. it had nothing to do with careless or reckless driving.

i slept an hour the night before a long TOUGH day at work and fell asleep at the wheel on the freeway on the way home and hit an oncoming car.

it was a new mercedes and neither me or the other driver were hurt, despite the high velocity impact and both cars being totaled. i can deal with the increased insurance rates, i'm just glad nobody got hurt. if i still had that mazda 3, i might not have gotten out of it unharmed. even the tow truck driver told me those little mazda 3's (and the occupants) don't do well in crashes.

safe cars FTW!
Sorry to hear that man. We're glad your safe and i hope you've learned your lesson (pull over) if you get drowsy or feel the urge to sleep. Better be safe then sorry. I've seen issues where people get in accidents by eating foods, doing make up, and the worst texting.
Old 10-17-2012, 02:08 AM   #6
SoCalCamaro93

Drives: 2016 2SS, 2011 RS (past)
You always think of interesting topics

Past: 2011 RS, 2013 ZL1
Current: 2016 2SS
SoCalCamaro93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:09 AM   #7
brandonrr
LFX is not the average V6

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Sorry to hear that man. We're glad your safe and i hope you've learned your lesson (pull over) if you get drowsy or feel the urge to sleep. Better be safe then sorry. I've seen issues where people get in accidents by eating foods, doing make up, and the worst texting.
i've had a few close calls with people texting and driving. i'm not much of a texter, so texting and driving is not something i do.

i have learned my lesson for drowsy driving. i knew i was too tired to be driving, but my family was out of state for vacation and i thought i would be able to make it home before...err...crashing.
better safe than sorry from now on.

one thing that REALLY irritates me is drunk driving. it seems way too many people drive drunk in vegas, even during the day sometimes. i have zero tolerance for drunk driving and have had to be "that guy" by taking peoples' keys on a few occasions.
POS 2011 Mazda 3 - traded in for camaro
2001 Ford F-150 - traded in for mazda

Last edited by brandonrr; 10-19-2012 at 09:50 PM.
brandonrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:22 AM   #8
Renegade
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonrr View Post
i've had a few close calls with people texting and driving. i'm not much of a texter, so texting and driving are not something i do.

i have learned my lesson for drowsy driving. i knew i was too tired to be driving, but my family was out of state for vacation and i thought i would be able to make it home before...err...crashing.
better safe than sorry from now on.

one thing that REALLY irritates me is drunk driving. it seems way too many people drive drunk in vegas, even during the day sometimes. i have zero tolerance for drunk driving and have had to be "that guy" by taking peoples' keys on a few occasions.
Exactly..drunk driving is zero tolerance. I'm glad you learned from your mistakes no one's perfect. I appreciate you sharing your expierence with us thank you.

Vegas is expected for people to be drunk when you blow your life savings away gambling
Old 10-17-2012, 02:23 AM   #9
Kiwi_Camaro_2010

Drives: Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 L99
Not a biggy, but second day of getting mine, even with backing sensors (which didn't go off quick enough) manage to back into narrow pole backing out of friends nasty driveway, tore through rear bumper & plastic panel behind it, all replaced now with new, good lesson to back slower now, also updated tis2web backing sensors, now gives more twice the distance before full tone.
Camaro 2SS/RS 2010 / L99 / Whipple SC /Dynatech Headers & Catts (gutted), ID 850 injectors, ZL1 fuel pump +BAP & ADM pump controller, ZR1 3Bar MAP, Dual Elite Catch Cans, 91 octane ,Eibach sway bar kit , Driveshaft loop, oil cooler delete, ADM dual gauges (AFR/Boost) LC1 wideband controller, D/D, ARP stud kit ,Callies forged slayer crank 3.622", callies ultra rods, wiseco forged pistons, L99-LS3, rollmaster double row steel timing set & comps cam timing cover,blower cam 630/660 lift,3/8 pushrods, pac gear 8deg, yella terra ultra lites. LS9 head gaskets. Texas speed custom oil pump. Asm by me.
Kiwi_Camaro_2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 07:28 AM   #10
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
No ,hope to keep it that way
Old 10-17-2012, 07:43 AM   #11
jewel25
Mother of PWA Babies

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS
2 times already. Hit in the rear twice.
Old 10-17-2012, 07:58 AM   #12
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Yes. Ironically, I was writing an accident investigation report for my criminal justice class when my brother called me to take a break from homework. When we got to the restaurant and I got out of my car I saw that I had been hit in the rear bumper. Of course I was pissed!!! I keep a close eye on my car and knew it had to of happened where I lived, so I went home and started doing my own accident investigation. The next morning I confronted my neighbor since her black Mercedes had matching damage. She confessed she hit my car and gave me the money to fix it.....still can't believe she didn't say anything when she hit it!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:03 AM   #13
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Got rear-ended at only 800 miles, and had a side-swipe hit and run in a parking lot the following year. It sucked. But, I have good insurance and a good body shop, so she's all better now.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:48 AM   #14
Neumatic

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
No, however a couple close calls here and there. Just last week(perhaps 2 weeks ago) I had a girl pull out in front of me on my way home and I put the Brembo's to the test. Iv considered myself very lucky so far and hope my luck doesn't run out.
Neumatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jewel whore thread