Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-29-2012, 01:20 AM   #1
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Drives: 2012 ZL1, 11 XC 90, 15 BMW 328i SW
The Looks I get from the Germans!!!

Just an Update from Germany, I finally got my got after being on the boat for about a month and half. Got her cleaned up and have driven her to work about three time now. I just got her on Tuesday of last week. I have been getting all kinds of stares from the locals. While driving this week I have been tailgated by a Volkswagen GTI and another small want to be hot rod, it was lowered and wide tires with a dual exhaust sounded like a supped up 4 banger. The unknown want to be pulled up beside me and nailed the throttle and took off half way to the light. Well it turned red and he had to stop so here we are sitting at the stop sign in downtown Kaiserslautern, Germany. So when the light turned green away he went. He seen that I was not playing since we are in the city so he shut it down and I pulled up beside him while in second gear and nailed the throttle one and when the wheels started to spin I let off. When I looked over all I seen was his mouth hanging wide open to the floor. He then slowed down and turned off at the next light. The GTI was a little different, we was heading out of town and he was on my right and kept moving up to the front and then back off then back to the front. We were heading out on a road the in pretty empty during this time of day. So just before the road went to one lane I left him. It’s a nice curvy road. After a couple of minutes he caught back up and I just to my time to since I am on a public road. I only have 925 miles so I still have to work on the break in. I am waiting a few more miles before I open her up on the Autobahn where they only have a recommend speed limit but you can go as fast as you want. Just before I left work a German with Corvette stop to talk and asked if I want to take it to the Nurnberg ring. I told him I would love to. So the next time the corvette club goes up he is going to invite me. I can’t wait to drive the ring. He was very knowledgeable about the ZL1.
Sharp-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #2
khalsa013

Drives: 2ss & ZL1
Send a message via AIM to khalsa013 Send a message via Yahoo to khalsa013 Send a message via Skype™ to khalsa013
man what i would wish to take my ss and zl1 to the Nurnberg ring or Autobahn!!!
khalsa013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:48 AM   #3
zl1bro

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 SIM AGM mono stripe
Sounds like fun! Get your 1500 miles in and report back to us on your autobahn experiences..
zl1bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
crangie

Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
Thats funny. I am actually from the area around K- Town. Definitely many nice roads around to have fun with your car.

I will return next year to Germany taking my Z with me. She will have some nice mods by then.

We should meet up then for a nice cruise.
crangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:21 AM   #5
gm_joe

Drives: 2002 Pontiac GP 40th GTP, 2012 ZL-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-ZL1 View Post
Just an Update from Germany, I finally got my got after being on the boat for about a month and half. Got her cleaned up and have driven her to work about three time now. I just got her on Tuesday of last week. I have been getting all kinds of stares from the locals. While driving this week I have been tailgated by a Volkswagen GTI and another small want to be hot rod, it was lowered and wide tires with a dual exhaust sounded like a supped up 4 banger. The unknown want to be pulled up beside me and nailed the throttle and took off half way to the light. Well it turned red and he had to stop so here we are sitting at the stop sign in downtown Kaiserslautern, Germany. So when the light turned green away he went. He seen that I was not playing since we are in the city so he shut it down and I pulled up beside him while in second gear and nailed the throttle one and when the wheels started to spin I let off. When I looked over all I seen was his mouth hanging wide open to the floor. He then slowed down and turned off at the next light. The GTI was a little different, we was heading out of town and he was on my right and kept moving up to the front and then back off then back to the front. We were heading out on a road the in pretty empty during this time of day. So just before the road went to one lane I left him. It’s a nice curvy road. After a couple of minutes he caught back up and I just to my time to since I am on a public road. I only have 925 miles so I still have to work on the break in. I am waiting a few more miles before I open her up on the Autobahn where they only have a recommend speed limit but you can go as fast as you want. Just before I left work a German with Corvette stop to talk and asked if I want to take it to the Nurnberg ring. I told him I would love to. So the next time the corvette club goes up he is going to invite me. I can’t wait to drive the ring. He was very knowledgeable about the ZL1.
This keeps happening to me also. I don't know if people are just idiots, or if the car (ZL1) turns them into zombies that think they can take on all comers. People are always passing me on the highway at full throttle. They also take unessessary risks passing me in a no passing zone. On my way to work, at most stop lights, they inch their way up my @$$. I just want to enjoy my car. All you other idiots just leave me alone.
gm_joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 AM   #6
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Crangie,

Sounds like a good Idea. If you Avatar is the color of your Z then We have Sisters. Mine is Victory red with polished wheels and the carbon insert.
Yes there are very nice roads around the area. What time frame next year are you returning?

MrDrew is also bringing his over in Dec he is from Switzerland and we plan on meeting in the spring. Would be nice to have a cruise with him and other camaros from Europe.
Old 08-29-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
MrDew

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #165
How awesome is that! Just wait till she's broken in and you won't be able to whipe that smile off your face!

We definitely have to meet up... I'm only about 4h away according to google and most of it is open highways. I should be able to do it in less than that in my Z!

BTW Were you able to fix your dent/scratch that you had on your wing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharp-ZL1 View Post
Crangie,

Sounds like a good Idea. If you Avatar is the color of your Z then We have Sisters. Mine is Victory red with polished wheels and the carbon insert.
Yes there are very nice roads around the area. What time frame next year are you returning?

MrDrew is also bringing his over in Dec he is from Switzerland and we plan on meeting in the spring. Would be nice to have a cruise with him and other camaros from Europe.
MrDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 04:55 PM   #8
pluckracin

Drives: 2012 zl1
get your go-pro camera for the run at the ring and autobahn, we will be waiting. congrats on your beast!!!! enjoy, mark in nc
pluckracin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:15 PM   #9
crangie

Drives: Camaro ZL1 #641
It' s victory red, with the black painted hood and the black stripes. You can check her out in action here .

I won't be back before fall next year, so I will miss out the spring tour :-(
crangie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:38 PM   #10
Mister-Camaro

Drives: 2011 2SS L99
That's pretty cool, all the way to Germany I'm sure there isn't too many there
Mister-Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #11
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluckracin View Post
get your go-pro camera for the run at the ring and autobahn, we will be waiting. congrats on your beast!!!! enjoy, mark in nc
can't wait either.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 07:52 PM   #12
Scarrzz
No Fear-No Limits- Camaro

Drives: '13 ZL1 or Suzuki Hayabusa
I used to live on Ramstein, and I would love to trade places with you now.

Have fun with that beasty.
Scarrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 09:03 PM   #13
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
kaiserslauten eh....lol back in 1980 when I was in mannheim in the infantry old lady cab drivers in mercedes would give you grey hair with thier driving like a bat out of hell...lol Be careful on the damn cobble stone streets and especially in the horrible winters.....on asphault once I was driving a jeep with a captain and only doing thirty around a gentle corner and swish...black ice...I ended up going backwards for a while then the jeep went off the road backwards flew over a ditch and I landed up right next to a junk yard fence damn lucky.....

then there was the time I had a blowout on my right rear towing a trailer on the autobahn doing 60....the most you could do with the govenor on the carb....I had a stupid LT. with me and he was freaking telling me not to brake hell, hell yes I broke ,I just pumped them and slowly kept it in my lane as it wandered left and right while people whipped by doing 80 and faster......Thank god the trailer helped support it... Damn cheap recaps.

Most importantly I kept us alive, having a half door made out of plywood, and a rear end that would blow at the drop of a hat. Ahhhh the bad old days in HHC 3rd bde 8th ID Mech and 2 btln/13 Infantry Mech. One time when I was in S-4 I was leading a convoy at night for reforger down the autobahn at night like 2 am we were over a mile long of tracks and support tanks. Well in the rear a m-60 with the engine boom shouted , "what the hell were doing 60!!!!!" We were driving like 10-15 mph to avoid damaging the roads....Well a car carrier full of brand new 450 sl coupes and verts ran into the rear of our convoy and next thing I heard was, " thers flying mercedes"..... the driver and his co driver fell asleep from drinking and driving.....the only one hurt was the mechanic in the turret who fell down inside and broke his leg.....

And the mercedes looked like accordians...at least the ones that stayed on and didnt go flying. Hell even little kids buy beer there for dinner no one drinks the rotten water...Be careful those dueshe bags can be nuts.....And have a nice dark lowenbrau for me...sweet like candy ...only to be surpassed by the christmas keg draining beer
christianchevell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:00 AM   #14
Sharp-ZL1
MSG,Retired US. ARMY

Got ran off the road this morning by a Germany slide the rear end into a curb and now my tire is towed in bad. I think I bent the tie rod and lower control arm. I will have to check it out after work.

PISSED!!!!!!!!!

No he did not stop.