Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 01-15-2015, 12:16 AM   #85
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmiketuck View Post
You're either 70 or a liar. We've all found a backroad at some point in our life... that perfect straight away, that is PROBABLY a 45... but we gunned it anyway.
Read his post again, he said "In Traffic". Big difference.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:22 AM   #86
DDJ-SX-SS

Drives: 2012 L99 2SS/RS
If you did not see a police car anywhere till you got pulled over its possible they could have clocked your speed from the air. When I was working in general aviation we had both Florida Highway Patrol and Orange County Sheriff Department fixed wing assets on the airfield.
These guys flew multiple times daily. Orange county had a Cessna 182 with some pretty impressive electronic equipment, though I don't think that aircraft was ever used for traffic duty. But I know the two FHP Cessna 172's based there were.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:32 AM   #87
omgitsmiketuck

Drives: 2011 LS V6 (M) & 2019 LS I4 (AT)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
tu che. I guess its all in the definition of what the OP meant by "get around some people". Whether he was the kid swerving in and out of cars, or took the open fast lane, to get past them. and either way, its all context... because obviously there is passing and there is reckless passing. I think all new Camaro owners have "over throttled" at one time or another. The only time I really GUN IT is on the on ramp. and I've certainly had times I've looked down and seen "too fast" and slowed down. Otherwise I don't "pass people quickly" unless I feel like THEY are driving unsafely... in which case I just want to get away from them and literally leave them behind me.
Old 01-15-2015, 12:48 AM   #88
Cuzin4abruisin

Drives: 2011 black camaro ss,sold! Zl1 otw!
Exclamation my story

My story

I got a ticket in Va while traveling in a 70mph zone doing 97mph DURING A RALLY from nyc to Miami this past july. WE had a valentine radar and a jammer on the front of the car. The radar told me I got hit but by that time it was to late. You cant beat a laser with any detector( he was sitting on over pass and got my back end). The officer was very nice but came back with a summons and wanted to take the radar, after some talking he agreed to give the radar detector back. Upon returning for court 3 months later they went online and grabbed our cars on the rally including pictures and also vids of reckless behaviors and wanted me to serve 8 days in jail and to pay 1500$ for speeding 250$ for the radar. I had a attorney and he got it down to speeding 5 over and still 1750 in fines but no jail and no license suspension !!! the other car that got pulled over in va got 1500 in fines and a 6 month suspension and a misdemeanor on his record (as wreck less is just as bad as dui in Va). I know its not texas but they will throw the book at you. you may be in the super speeder class. never admit guilt as you will be asked to say what happened that day. have attorney check calibration and look for errors on ticket and sight the officers errors and the possibility that he made a error on the speed he put down. if you have a different size rim/tire you can say it was mis-calibrated.

Good luck!!

Last edited by Cuzin4abruisin; 01-15-2015 at 12:54 AM. Reason: error
Old 01-15-2015, 12:53 AM   #89
chris jd
chris jd

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT w/ RS - 6 Speed
Fight every ticket. On one speeding ticket a police officer literally told me to go to court to get any ticket I get reduced if it is a moving violation.
Old 01-15-2015, 01:40 AM   #90
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I guess anyone that finds themselves in this situation is to assess their own priorities and decide how to gamble from there.

There are limits to how much they can raise your insurance rates for infractions, so if you get decent rates the increase won't hurt much.

If you are already high risk, maybe you better hire a mouthpiece and beg for a deal. Either way you are gonna pay someone.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:22 AM   #91
BFella

Drives: 16' Supercharged 1SS
Being in the Academy myself, it really depends on your states laws. The officer operating the Radar gun 1. Has to be certified to use it and gives tickets while using it as proof of speeding, if he or she is not, then it's illegal for them to give you a ticket, and will be easy to get out of it.

2. If you fight it in court, the officer has to have proof (the gun records all readings, time/date) that he clocked you going 107, if he solely used the Radar gun to give you a ticket and doesn't have that, you're out of the ticket.

3. In some states, officers are allowed to visually see how fast you are going and ticket you if they with reasonable doubt think you are speeding from their perspective.

One thing I'm having an issue with, is if he clocked you going 107, that is criminal speeding, you would have been arrested, car impounded and jailed with hefty, hefty fines. The fact that you were not, tells me something.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:20 AM   #92
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
I have had 3 huge tickets, 74 in a 30, 82 in a 35, and 'speed in excess of 40 mph over' Never has my license been suspended for any of these, never paid over $500 fine, and never hired a lawyer.
He said proudly.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 01-15-2015, 05:29 AM   #93
PalmerGA

Quote:
I agree, Get a lawyer and fight it. Seems odd that the cop wouldn't show you the reading.
I'm pretty sure the LEO who pulled OP over wasn't the one who beamed him. That would be the one who had the reading. The chase guy had nothing to show.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
Old 01-15-2015, 05:35 AM   #94
PalmerGA

Quote:
You're either 70 or a liar. We've all found a backroad at some point in our life... that perfect straight away, that is PROBABLY a 45... but we gunned it anyway.
I am neither, thank you, but closer to 70 than to a liar. Read my post again. I said "in traffic".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Ah! Someone who reads and comprehends. Thanks Bird.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:41 AM   #95
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
I don't see why certain people feel the need to give the OP "a talking to" and point fingers. I am sure you all bought Vitesse Throttle Controllers with the speed limit and safe driving in mind, right? Come off your high horse. We've all broken traffic laws at some point in our lives. The guy asked for help to get out of trouble, not advice for how to live his life.

To the OP... get a lawyer and make sure it's a good one. Every town has an attorney that's known for helping people who got DUI's. That's who I would hire. He'll be familiar with traffic laws, the judge and probably the officer involved. There is too much at stake to leave the outcome to chance.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:43 AM   #96
PalmerGA

Quote:
Quote:
tu che.
Apology accepted.

If you're ignorant enough to call someone out on a social media forum... you should also have the common courtesy to apologize when proven wrong.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:52 AM   #97
lownslowss
PaPa Smurf

Drives: 2022 SS 1LE
You cannot be arrested for speeding in Texas.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:00 AM   #98
DRKS1D3

Drives: '17 Corvette Grand Sport M7
Asking for law advice on a Camaro forum was your second mistake. Driving at 107mph on a state highway was your first.

**SOLD**2011 TRIPLE BLACK SS CONVERTIBLE--6 SPEED MANUAL, MANY MODS, 455 RWHP/435 RWTQ

DAD'S RIDE: 2012 ZL1 #1866--BLACK, 6 SPEED MANUAL, EXPOSED CF HOOD, POLISHED WHEELS, SUNROOF, ROTO-FAB INTAKE

"Silly Americans, taking from the rich and giving to the poor only works in fairy tales. Success is earned here!".

Closed Thread