Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 PM   #1
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Drives: 2012 CTH 2SS/RS
Ordering Suckiness

So, this is the first Camaro I've ordered and in fact my first Chevy... Maybe I'm just insanely insanely excited about getting my car, but I'm so frustrated with the status of my order right now!

A friend of mine hooked me up with a buddy that works at a GM dealership and has just transferred to a Chevy dealership. He has said my order for the car with the list of specs went through (and CC'd me on the email to the guy placing the order)... but no matter how many times I call or email, there's some reason that he doesn't have and can't give me the order number... :(

Anyone else had any experience similar to this? Is there another way to find out what the deal is with my order if I don't even have the order number? I feel like I'm getting the run around and I want my Camaro dammit!!!

And yah, maybe I'm just being a whiney girl and should relax, but I'm too excited!

Current mods: CAI intake, catback exhaust upgrade
Future mods: too many to list

Tundra CrewMax SR5, TRD, 5.7L V8, 2" Lift, 381 HP; 401 ft lb
bumblebabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:22 PM   #2
OrangeVert
"Catharine"

Drives: '11 2SS/RS LS-3 IOM/IO vert
Contact beckyd@rodgerschevrolet.com, she is good people and may be able to help you.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:23 PM   #3
gglefty

Try to get a refund and go with Becky. I did that and got my car in 4 weeks.
Old 10-04-2011, 10:24 PM   #4
tribone
Searchin' ....

Drives: Powered by Bowtie
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeVert View Post
Contact beckyd@rodgerschevrolet.com, she is good people and may be able to help you.

-Guillermo
My Pictures
tribone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:30 PM   #5
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Thanks guys, I'll shoot her an email! I appreciate it!

and 4 weeks!?!? how awesome would that be

Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 PM   #6
panther2469

Drives: 2011 2SS RS SIM Litho # 193
Right when they place the order they should get the order number, Something is not right. might be time to talk to someone higher up the chain.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:36 AM   #7
shaggy1
The thin blue line

Drives: 2012, 2SS/RS,LS3,IOM/Beige
bumblebabe,

I'll have to agree with the others posts on here as well,... something is kinda fishy going on, because my dealer ordered my new Camaro on his computer while i sat right in front of him and he asked me line by line what options that I wanted as he entered them and as soon as he finished and placed the order he printed me a copy of the order with the exact details and it had my order number on it. It would be a good idea to get with someone in charge with that dealership and tell them you want your order number and if they can't provide it then get your deposit and take it to an honest dealership.
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 07:50 PM   #8
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

I spoke with my dealer again today and he said that the order was accepted but there is no number yet, no official build date, etc. I'm a bit baffled by this since as a few of you have said - they put in the order, there should be a number and way to track it. If there's no number, how the hell would even the dealer know what the status of the order is!? It makes no sense. The guy I'm working with is a very good friend of a friend of mine, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for a tad bit longer. He's said that the manager who placed the order should have the info Tuesday of next week if not in the next day or two. Any reason a special edition would be different? He made some mention of them building in batches based on color, etc etc... But I was only partially listening at that point. >.>

I've gotten in touch with Becky and she's said she'll work with me should my current order fall through. So I'll be working with her if I continue having problems.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:12 PM   #9
shaggy1
The thin blue line

Drives: 2012, 2SS/RS,LS3,IOM/Beige
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebabe View Post
I spoke with my dealer again today and he said that the order was accepted but there is no number yet, no official build date, etc. I'm a bit baffled by this since as a few of you have said - they put in the order, there should be a number and way to track it. If there's no number, how the hell would even the dealer know what the status of the order is!? It makes no sense. The guy I'm working with is a very good friend of a friend of mine, so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt for a tad bit longer. He's said that the manager who placed the order should have the info Tuesday of next week if not in the next day or two. Any reason a special edition would be different? He made some mention of them building in batches based on color, etc etc... But I was only partially listening at that point. >.>

I've gotten in touch with Becky and she's said she'll work with me should my current order fall through. So I'll be working with her if I continue having problems.

In all honesty,... it sounds like the guy is pretty clueless. There should be someone there that can give you your order number immediately. It will be a 6 digit number consisting of numbers and letters. For example, mine is PWTB6G. He may not have a build date, BUT,.... if the order was actually placed he will have an order number. ALSO,.... no matter what options or model that you select you will have an order number as soon as the order is placed. His total lack of knowledge about the ordering process should be of some concern. It takes long enough to get a vehicle when a dealer "actually" orders it,... I'd hate to see you get drug along for a few weeks only to find out later that they didnt actually order a car for you. You're alot more patient than me,.... thats prob not a bad thing most of the time either,.......lol You should be insistant on getting an order number or you should go to a dealer that will give it to you. Here is why I think your being jacked with,..... an order number is the easiest thing in the world for your dealer to produce to you. It just raises a red flag when they hesitate and stall or come up with lame BS reasons to give you an actual number. I hope I don't offend you if this salesman is a friend of yours but if this dealership treats you like this now,..... how do you think you'll be treated "after" the sale? I'm just tryin to be a realist,....... Good Luck,.......
shaggy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:26 PM   #10
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Nah man, I agree. I actually have been calling the guy almost daily. There are red flags, and I'm usually not REMOTELY this patient. I think I'm more patient because of how much I want the car and I'm willing to put up with some of the BS currently because he was placing the order without any money down first . I don't personally know the salesman - he's a good friend of another friend of mine who has assured me he's a good guy and plays it straight.

But I've been feeling exactly the way you said it - an order is the easiest damn thing to have. Shouldn't the dealer get an order number the minute they enter it??? Even if the order doesn't immediately get accepted and processed?

I've also gotten the same line from him as a couple other dealerships - that until the car lands at the dealership they can't give me an EXACT price, other than this particular dealer saying we'd be doing the whole deal for invoice. That's fine and dandy, but ugh... it feels too up in the air still! :upset:

The more I think about it, the more I feel like each time I talk with the guy I'm simply being placated and sadly I'm allowing my desire for the car allow it to happen. I'll be calling him again tomorrow afternoon and if I don't get an order number then, I'll be going with Becky and trying not to let this experience sway me out of the purchase.

Last edited by bumblebabe; 10-05-2011 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #11
DBean

Drives: 2012 SS2 IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebabe View Post
I've also gotten the same line from him as a couple other dealerships - that until the car lands at the dealership they can't give me an EXACT price, other than this particular dealer saying we'd be doing the whole deal for invoice. That's fine and dandy, but ugh... it feels too up in the air still! .
I really hope you have a better experience then I did. I ordered a ss2 TF3 as well and received the complete run around with pricing and shipping time frames. The waiting, nor the money was an issue at all.

Good Luck and I hope your story has a happy ending!!! I look forward to see some pics!

Last edited by DBean; 10-09-2011 at 01:10 AM.
DBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:25 AM   #12
bumblebabe
SoCal Race Team #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBean View Post
I really hope you have a better experience then I did. I ordered a ss2 TF3 as well and received the complete run around with pricing and shipping time frames. The waiting, nor the money was an issue at all. I just felt very uneasy with the lack of communication and honesty from the dealer.

Unfortunately, when the car arrived, the dealer called me up... took me for a spin, then dropped the bomb of the car being 5k more then the "ballpark" figure and even lowered an already agreed upon value for my trade-in. The dealer went so far they attempted to slip a 6 year loan on me. I was put in a position to walk and I am glad I did!

I was a little rattled so the infamous Becky eased my nerves by taking the time to answer a PM. If you have any questions she can be a great resource.

Good Luck and I hope your story has a happy ending!!! I look forward to see some pics!
Aww man that SUX!! I'd be beating some heads in!

I definitely will have no problem walking away if they try to pull that on me. I have been quoted invoice which I've calculated out myself and confirmed with them based on what the base price of the 2SS 2012 is with the package and ground effects included. Obviously, they've said they can't quote any incentives or APR or whatnot which I understand. But 5k more than their "ballpark" is no bueno. And ugh I'm tired of hearing "ballpark"... I get it, but... jeesh, really? They know how much the car and the packages are, so it's not hard to figure out! lol I thought about doing a trade-in but ended up selling my old car myself to avoid the hassle and ended up getting high bluebook for it whereas the dealer woulda given me barely over half what I got.

My dealer has expressed to me that I can call him 5 times a day if I want to, and shouldn't feel bad to call and check in any time. And I know he'll be sending me any and all info as soon as he has it. I am just unclear what the hold up is and as a bit of a control freak it's hard not knowing what's up and knowing everything there is to know.

Did you end up reordering through Becky or just calling the whole thing off? OH... and not to get totally off topic and make you bummed, but how did it look!?!? I've yet to actually see the TF3 in person and pictures never do it justice!

Old 10-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #13
encarnate

Drives: awesome
my dealer gave me the exact price and order number the day I ordered the car. It sounds to me like they are not ordering it or not using allocation to get it placed and def giving you the run around. I've sold cars before and if you trust your salesman then he is getting the run around my his managers. Either way you lose. Go with Becky. This sounds bad dude.
08/16/2011 (2500) Order preferenced. Order pulled to the production system.
08/16/2011 (3000) Order accepted by production control. Parts being ordered and production process is underway.
09/02/2011 (3100) Order available to sequence.
09/02/2011 (3300) Order scheduled for production. Order is scheduled into the plant build cycle.
09/08/2011 TPW 9/12 via Becky (Thank You)
encarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #14
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Time to move on, time is a wasting. If you can't get an order number the day you place your order, say your good byes and move on to the next dealer. You also want proof that they have allocation and can get your order in. You dont want to be waiting 3 weeks for them to have an allocation for you.