Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-11-2017, 05:25 PM   #1
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
AAC Backorder on LED mail slot scanner

I ordered an LED mail slot scanner for my Camaro in the beginning of October earlier this year and it is still on back order. Was told estimated time was in November. Now it's been pushed to middle of or possibly the end of December. Curious if others are experiencing the same thing?

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #2
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
Bro, I had the same problem. I ordered mine from a vender on ebay. After a month I never received it. The weird thing about it was it never came with a tracking number. After literally threating these guys, mine finally showed up 10 days later. Stay on Phastek because they will roll the blame on oracle product back log. Good luck to you.
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jgunn65 View Post
Bro, I had the same problem. I ordered mine from a vender on ebay. After a month I never received it. The weird thing about it was it never came with a tracking number. After literally threating these guys, mine finally showed up 10 days later. Stay on Phastek because they will roll the blame on oracle product back log. Good luck to you.
Good to know. However I have purchased from Phastek before with no issues. Decided this time to purchase directly from AAC and its on back order. However, they did offer for me to cancel the order if I wanted to. I prefer not because I would like to get my hands on this scanner. Just hope it doesn't take much longer or roll into next year etc...

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 12-14-2017, 07:04 AM   #4
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
SO you all know I have as many have....owned a mail slot scanner 2 times the first one was actually made better impregnated in plastic.. fogged and cracked over a year or so, the second bought from AAC or some other vendor via them had just a thin plastic to cover the LEDs.... cracked in a year and had to heat it to bend it to shape and cut out part on the sides of the mail slot....I am of the opinion as others in the past here they cannot make one worth a crap. I have for years now driven with the stock one grate back in place, BTW this is my second gen 5 a owner since 10....
Old 12-14-2017, 09:04 AM   #5
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
When I had mine....I didn't like the scanner quality or cutting the hole and bending to get it in the mail slot. I fab'd a bracket that held a $40 standard 22" ebay scanner just behind the front grill ( heritage grille ) so it looked pretty good right between the horizontal slats. It was always a surprise and kids liked it at car shows especially since it was eye level to most of them.
Attached Images

nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 09:01 PM   #6
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancygrl View Post
When I had mine....I didn't like the scanner quality or cutting the hole and bending to get it in the mail slot. I fab'd a bracket that held a $40 standard 22" ebay scanner just behind the front grill ( heritage grille ) so it looked pretty good right between the horizontal slats. It was always a surprise and kids liked it at car shows especially since it was eye level to most of them.
That is where I plan to add mine on the ZL1 front end - right behind the grill and above the bowtie since I do not have a "mailslot".