Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
5ohcamaro

Drives: 2012 black 1LS Camaro
Rarest video games in your collection!

Just interested in seeing what people have in their collections. I've started to look for some rare video games about a year ago and im pretty excited with what i got so far. so i'll start:

Chrono Trigger - SNES
Final Fantasy VII w/ Typo- PSX
Conkers Bad Fur Day- N64
Conkers: Live and Reloaded- Xbox
Pokemon Yellow- GB (getting pretty rare beleive it or not)
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time - N64
Zelda: Majoras Mask- N64
Super Smash Bros. - N64
Mario Kart 64- N64

and i'm Currently looking for a complete Earthbound (SNES) game. may not seem too crazy but ive gotten this info from a few "rarest of.." list. so whats in your collection?
5ohcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:19 PM   #2
FaytalsCamaro
Distributor of Liquor

Drives: My Wife Crazy
Don't have any rare games unfortunately. I used to have a pretty rare game called xenogears black label version. That thing today would be worth 100s if it was unopened and mint condition. AWESOME game
FaytalsCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #3
FINALLYSATISFIED
Est.1775

Drives: '15 Challenger Hellcat (sold)
Virtua Racing - Sega 32X

It cost $94.99 when it was first released. Crazy right!
FINALLYSATISFIED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:59 PM   #4
Steve Dallas
Commits weekly crime

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1LT
John Madden Football - Apple ][
Old 07-15-2013, 11:19 PM   #5
SPARTAN sui
PC Technician

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS
Hmm, I'd have to say my Carmen Sandiego games for Apple. I have Europe, USA, USA Classified, World, & North Dakota. Unfortunately the ND one does not work anymore. :(

On my IIc

I also have a guide book and various manuals for the games. Pretty nifty stuff I picked up from my elementary school.
Old 07-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #6
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Final Fantasy III - SNES (it was actually Final Fantasy VI for PSX)
Steel Battalion (w/ the big a** controller) - Xbox
KOTOR - Xbox
KOTOR 2 - Xbox
Legend of Zelda (non-gold cartridge) - NES
TMNT Tournament Fighters - NES
Mike Tyson's Punch Out - NES
Deus Ex - PC
Hitman (The original game) - PC
System Shock 2 - PC

... there might be some others but I'm not exactly sure how rare some of them are.

Last edited by PsychoZL1; 07-16-2013 at 12:30 PM.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I have the FFVII typo as well. I also have a full NES suite with powerpad and light gun. I'll set them up and lay out the games I have as well. I don't know where my Sega Master System is. I know I have Phantasy Star and super hangon. =)
Old 07-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #8
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ohcamaro View Post
Just interested in seeing what people have in their collections. I've started to look for some rare video games about a year ago and im pretty excited with what i got so far. so i'll start:

Chrono Trigger - SNES
Final Fantasy VII w/ Typo- PSX
Conkers Bad Fur Day- N64
Conkers: Live and Reloaded- Xbox
Pokemon Yellow- GB (getting pretty rare beleive it or not)
Zelda: Ocarina Of Time - N64
Zelda: Majoras Mask- N64
Super Smash Bros. - N64
Mario Kart 64- N64

and i'm Currently looking for a complete Earthbound (SNES) game. may not seem too crazy but ive gotten this info from a few "rarest of.." list. so whats in your collection?
When discussing something like this, we first need to distinguish what definition of rare we are going by. Do you mean rare as in hard to find? Rare as in wasn't many made? And we also have to take into account different people's perceptive as rare.

For an example, Crono Trigger for the SNES was a very well received game and sold quite a bit but many of those that bought the game loved it so much they kept it and didn't sale it. Thus it is hard to find and is quite valuable but it isn't rare.

If you are going by what is simply hard to find, you can pretty much put down any Atari, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Jaguar, Dreamcast, and orginal Gameboy games.

To me, the only game on that list I would list as rare would be your FF7.

As for me, the rarest that I have would most definitely be my Action Max system and games. It came out in 1987 and was only in circulation for less than a year. During that time, only 5 games was ever made for it. It's not valuable as I've seen a couple for sale for about $30 but it is rare.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #9
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
I have some C64 disks somewhere. I think my parents still have an original 'Pong' in the attic
Old 07-16-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
5ohcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
When discussing something like this, we first need to distinguish what definition of rare we are going by. Do you mean rare as in hard to find? Rare as in wasn't many made? And we also have to take into account different people's perceptive as rare.

For an example, Crono Trigger for the SNES was a very well received game and sold quite a bit but many of those that bought the game loved it so much they kept it and didn't sale it. Thus it is hard to find and is quite valuable but it isn't rare.

If you are going by what is simply hard to find, you can pretty much put down any Atari, NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, Jaguar, Dreamcast, and orginal Gameboy games.

To me, the only game on that list I would list as rare would be your FF7.

As for me, the rarest that I have would most definitely be my Action Max system and games. It came out in 1987 and was only in circulation for less than a year. During that time, only 5 games was ever made for it. It's not valuable as I've seen a couple for sale for about $30 but it is rare.
Ver valid point. I googled around and saw the top 20 rare game for each system. Some May be just because of supply and demand others were based on money value.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:31 PM   #11
5ohcamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaytalsCamaro View Post
Don't have any rare games unfortunately. I used to have a pretty rare game called xenogears black label version. That thing today would be worth 100s if it was unopened and mint condition. AWESOME game
I have yet to try Xenogears. Have heard awesome things of it. Might need to look around for that one.
Old 07-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #12
sasquash1984
502 RWHP N/A

Drives: The yeti
Marvel vs capcom2 xbox
factory motor factory trans, Gpi ss4 cam stock heads ported and milled, full exhaust, circle d 5c 4000 triple disk, 3:91 rear end with posi mod, cai, bmr derlin rear diff bushins, bmr derlin cradle bushins, bmr trailing arms, toe rods with bushings, and bmr anti extreme sway bar. Weld rt-s 17x5 fronts and 17X10 rears on mickey thompson et street r's
sasquash1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Metal gear solid ps1. I bought the 25th anniversary super Mario for wii in hopes that one way it would be a collectors item. Here's to wishful thinking.

I also have a ps360 controller. It's a ps3 controller fitted into the 360 controller. It is custom made, I had it for sale on eBay, but no one was interested.

Last edited by 45thCamaro; 07-21-2013 at 06:11 PM.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:06 PM   #14
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I have the original Contra and Contra 2 for SNES, killer instinct. Try finding double dragon 2 for the original nintendo, that was fun.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote