Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-08-2017, 06:08 AM   #1
11z71

Drives: HBM 2017 2SS/RS A8
Another RDP/Dynosteve review

Bought a Tune/CAI/LT package from RDP a few weeks ago and finally had a chance to install everything with steve's custom tune. All I have to say is wow! The car is totally transformed now, even being a M6, the drivability is even better, especially at slower speeds. Thanks again to RDP and dynosteve for putting out great product with good customer service!
Old 06-15-2017, 07:46 AM   #2
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11z71 View Post
Bought a Tune/CAI/LT package from RDP a few weeks ago and finally had a chance to install everything with steve's custom tune. All I have to say is wow! The car is totally transformed now, even being a M6, the drivability is even better, especially at slower speeds. Thanks again to RDP and dynosteve for putting out great product with good customer service!
That's awesome - it doesn't take much to significantly wake an LS3 up - that package is usually a 10%+ boost in power and very noticeable.

Could you elaborate a little bit on what you mean when you say low speed drivability is improved?
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 11:21 AM   #3
11z71

Drives: HBM 2017 2SS/RS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by acammer View Post
That's awesome - it doesn't take much to significantly wake an LS3 up - that package is usually a 10%+ boost in power and very noticeable.

Could you elaborate a little bit on what you mean when you say low speed drivability is improved?
Sure, at lower rpm/lower speeds on/off throttle transition is much smoother than stock, for example if you where stuck in traffic where the speeds are slow enough to stay in a lower gear(1st or 2nd) but not stopped. The car is just smoother overall. I know it sounds weird, but I noticed it right off the bat on the first drive after mods/tune.