Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #99
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteek View Post

Ok, well it happened last year, about November that I wondered into 'The Ladies Lounge' to talk about all things female with no males getting offeneded or grossed out about what we talked about. I met Sarah and Nicole in there and they invited me into the other lounge on here. The rest is history. It's an off topic section where we all BS with one another, we talk cars, mods, girls, guys, food, clothes, weather, etc. and then talk shiz to one another as well. SO, all in all, my post count climbed being in there and just chit chatting with all of them. Really nice ppl that I consider my friends!! However, that place isn't for the sensitive or weak at heart. It gets crazy in there.

I do post in my Camaro Club thread quite a bit, and when new members join. I usually lurk in other threads and give comments on subjects I think I can help with or stuff I have done myself. For the most part though, I hang out in there.
Well I hope you spend a little time over here. We're a pretty cool group, if I say so myself

*In life, there are no nandroids*
Old 10-05-2012, 10:20 AM   #100
WiSSDiver

Drives: 1968 Coupe, 2010 2SS, 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Well I hope you spend a little time over here. We're a pretty cool group, if I say so myself

Old 10-05-2012, 10:21 AM   #101
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post

I'm slowly working my way into more of the other threads since the lounge has calmed down a lot since ppl are leaving or taking a break. It gets lonely in there. :( I shall. I wanna see the results ppl are having with this. I have a TON of swirl marks on my car cuz the dealership ran it through their wash after I was told it would NOT be, and I agreed I didn't want it going through. Well, someone didn't listen and bam. Swirls everywhere and a couple of scratches. They are going to try and make it right by having me come in and they will try to buff it out. I'm leary about that.
Mysteek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #102
Troy SS

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Great review! Definatley picking some of this up!
22" Ruff Racing Rims
MPD1 Cowl Induction Hood

Arizona All Gens Camaro Club
Troy SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #103
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Unless they have a person that knows what they are doing, I wouldn't let them buff it out. They could just end up making it worse. You could probably buy yourself a pc and do it better yourself after watching some how to videos

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:53 AM   #104
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscamaro View Post
Unless they have a person that knows what they are doing, I wouldn't let them buff it out. They could just end up making it worse. You could probably buy yourself a pc and do it better yourself after watching some how to videos
Yeah, I'm hoping it goes to their paint and collision shop. They do good work there, at least they did on my hubby's truck. Now, if they keep it at the dealership and have a tech go out there and do it, then HECK NO!! That's when I'll put out on the table what I need and they can pay for it!!
Old 10-08-2012, 08:36 AM   #105
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Yeah, I'm hoping it goes to their paint and collision shop. They do good work there, at least they did on my hubby's truck. Now, if they keep it at the dealership and have a tech go out there and do it, then HECK NO!! That's when I'll put out on the table what I need and they can pay for it!!
Keep in mind that most body shops use products that are high in filler content for quick polishing. The paint may look great immediately after completion but as the filler (think make-up) runs off, swirls and scratches may reappear.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 10:33 AM   #106
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd@Autopia View Post
Keep in mind that most body shops use products that are high in filler content for quick polishing. The paint may look great immediately after completion but as the filler (think make-up) runs off, swirls and scratches may reappear.
So, should I just not go at all?? It would be nice if they offered to pay for the products I would need to fix it. Only in my dreams though!
Old 10-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #107
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
So, should I just not go at all?? It would be nice if they offered to pay for the products I would need to fix it. Only in my dreams though!
Just leave bad enough alone, and work on fixing it yourself. We're all here to help you and guide you along the way

I finished my Camaro about a month ago, here are some of my swirl free money pics

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #108
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Just leave bad enough alone, and work on fixing it yourself. We're all here to help you and guide you along the way

I finished my Camaro about a month ago, here are some of my swirl free money pics

That's what I was thinking too.

Yeah, I know, but now to get all the stuff I need and to find a sitter to watch my kids for the whole day.

Your car is lookin' mighty fine!!!
Old 10-08-2012, 04:09 PM   #109
ihaveacamaro
I like teeth.

Drives: #198
Quote:
That's what I was thinking too.

Yeah, I know, but now to get all the stuff I need and to find a sitter to watch my kids for the whole day.

Your car is lookin' mighty fine!!!
Thank you for the compliments

Be careful though, a trip down this lane seems to clean out pockets just as fast as modding the car itself...

Ok, I'm done with thread jacking for now. Starting a new thread may be more beneficial to you if you want to get serious about finding out what to buy

Back to clay alternatives

Please check out my youtube detailing channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/roshan517

"When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you will be successful."
ihaveacamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 04:11 PM   #110
Mysteek
Lounge Gangsta!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveacamaro View Post
Thank you for the compliments

Be careful though, a trip down this lane seems to clean out pockets just as fast as modding the car itself...

Ok, I'm done with thread jacking for now. Starting a new thread may be more beneficial to you if you want to get serious about finding out what to buy

Back to clay alternatives
Yeah I know. I have already been to numerous websites just to get an idea of costs and !! I should be buying something every paycheck or something. That way it's not so harsh. I shall keep an eye out!!

Yes, sorry OP!! /thread jack
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #111
horrido

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LS
Surprised this hasn't been asked before. How do you know this is working? I need some convincing it works as well as clay.
horrido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #112
Todd@Autopia

Drives: 2010 Mazdaspeed 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrido View Post
Surprised this hasn't been asked before. How do you know this is working? I need some convincing it works as well as clay.
You will feel the paint become smooth.

Remember, you only clay to remove contamination. Contamination will give your paint a gritty or pebble like feel. When the smooth feel is restored, you will know that it works.
Todd@Autopia is offline   Reply With Quote