Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-25-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
shadowed_Stranger
WAITING!

Drives: 97 V6 5spd
To FBodFather: KISS - Keep it Simple Silly

So I was riding in my friends mazda 6 the other day when I realized: I Hate the interior. I mean all the red lights on everything looked cool the first couple of times I rode in it, but it is really annoying. There are too many buttons everywhere. I have no use for sattelite radio. Will I ever use the buttons on the steering wheel?

Just for reference this is the interior:

This is my biggest fear about the new camaro. The interior is where I will be spending most of my time, and if i don't like being there I will start hating the car very quickly. But I am NOT concerned about high quality/leather/features/whatever else. All I want is a steering wheel, ac controls, standard radio/cd. The interior on my 4th gen is great IMO.

When webpages got all big and crazy look google had just a search box. and thats all I want. I mean, even if the fancy features do not cost extra, I don't want them. If I see buttons on my steering wheel I am gonna kill somebody. Hell, I would pay extra for the factory to take out that shit. I don't need all the buttons, I don't need all the features, I don't WANT them. More stuff I will hate to look at and more stuff that can break.

Sorry for the disjointed grammatically awful rant, just was expressing my feelings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by C P View Post
I'll go ahead and say it... how could GM let this happen? They have 5 years to develop the new Camaro and no force field to protect from uninsured drivers???? I'm buying a Honda.
shadowed_Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #2
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010
Z28 Hold Out!

Drives: 2000 Monte Carlo SS
Fbodfather- I have a question that you may be able to answer. I want to know when the Camaro releases, and all the trims and options are revealed. If there should be a trim or option released later on, will we know at the time of release or not? Not talking about a S/C version. Just options, and packages, after market packages. Anything someone may want and would be willing to wait for. Will we know at time of release?
joes3rdcamaro82/91/2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Shadowed Stranger...that interior is pretty busy. And too much red.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
If you have not yet signed up on www.chevrolet.com/camaro -- may I suggest you do so -- as we'll send you an email when we put the info. out there....

You can anticipate getting a lot of info the last few days of July ..... (engines- -- packages -- options - colors -- )
Old 06-25-2008, 11:58 AM   #4
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
I totally understand where you're coming from (I prefer my web pages rather spartan, for example), I like an with lots of controls and indicators -- as long as they're useful. I like to be very involved in the car, with controls for everything, so I can choose how stuff operates and when. For example, I don't want to have to use the parking brake to disable the automatic headlights; in my GMC I have a "dome override" button that disables the dome light, and if I press it 3 or 4 times it goes "ding" and the automatic headlights (and DRLs) are temporarily disabled.

Now, that said, it can be done without looking as busy as that Mazda. I went from an '87 Cadillac Deville to a '97 Pontiac Grand Am and HATED the huge plastic Fisher Price style controls; the Caddy had small controls that required a little dexterity, the Pontiac had huge knobs and levers that a 2 year old could operate. It might as well have been made like this:

THAT was awful. The Caddy fit lots of function and lots of controls into small, unassuming configurations. The turn signal stalk did so many things, it was great...
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:21 PM   #5
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
I personally hate red lighting. It's entirely too harsh on the eyes in the dark. Cool blue is tolerable, but I sometimes have a hard time focusing on it. A green color or just plain white is easiest to see imo.

Steering wheel controls are too convenient to give up. I definitely want cruise and radio controls on my steering wheel.

I understand you personally may not care about the various options, but the fact is most people do. It's doubtful they'll offer models that stripped down to satisfy the few because of that.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:27 PM   #6
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post
I totally understand where you're coming from (I prefer my web pages rather spartan, for example), I like an with lots of controls and indicators -- as long as they're useful. I like to be very involved in the car, with controls for everything, so I can choose how stuff operates and when. For example, I don't want to have to use the parking brake to disable the automatic headlights; in my GMC I have a "dome override" button that disables the dome light, and if I press it 3 or 4 times it goes "ding" and the automatic headlights (and DRLs) are temporarily disabled.

My 2000 S10 Xtreme had the Dome Override button that allowed me to disable the autoheadlamps/DRL's if I wanted to. This little button should be in EVERY vehicle. SOME way to turn them off should be there at least.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:49 PM   #7
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by theholycow View Post

My 2007 silverado has on the light nob an OFF button. and in the information center I can setup all sorts of different things. lol. but yea. it will have the option to turn off the autmatic head lights. even though I think it's good to keep turned on that majority of the time. especially for those people that forget to turn their head lights on when it starts raining. argh.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 12:50 PM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
I agree that too many buttons and switches are unnecessary. My wifey's Jetta has blue markings and red pointer on her guages. The window switches and some other little goodies are illuminated too; I think it looks nice at night and also like that if I'm looking to roll my window down, I don't have to feel all over the door, I can just look for the illuminated switch and roll it down (I'm exaggerating as far as actually having to feel around for it.) I guess I'm just trying to say I'd like to see illuminated switches and stuff but keep the radio and climate controls nice and simple.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:36 PM   #9
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
It'd be better with the daytime running lights if we get the halos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
but yea. it will have the option to turn off the autmatic head lights. even though I think it's good to keep turned on that majority of the time. especially for those people that forget to turn their head lights on when it starts raining. argh.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 02:50 PM   #10
35th02ss

Drives: 02 SS
I can tell you that GM is looking at all angles....While we were driving the IVER cars multiple questions were asked on the feel and placement of the HVAC controls along with radio turn signal and everything else.
Do you like what you see in the preproduction cars?
35th02ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 04:02 PM   #11
linkwpc
The punching cat

Drives: '10 Camaro SS Black W/Hugger&W/IOI
I think if it looks like the new Malibu then thats what I want! Its looks great and it does not look cheap! Thats what want! I just do not want my camaro to look "old" in inside...
linkwpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:11 PM   #12
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Buttons? Did someone say buttons?

I like buttons.....buttons...hmmmm..... buttons.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:19 PM   #13
BumbleBee
Yes, I am a girl

Drives: 2006 Pontiac Vibe
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Buttons? Did someone say buttons?

I like buttons.....buttons...hmmmm..... buttons.
I can only imagine how many buttons and switches you're use to

...second to none
BumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 07:30 PM   #14
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
I can only imagine how many buttons and switches you're use to
hehehehehe
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote