Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2010, 04:58 PM   #15
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I have the emails. Mine and theirs. I would swear to what I said under oath in court. I didn't lie. I didn't embellish. I stated the facts. I just want other to know so they can avoid the same problems. I hope others would share their experiences with vendors to let me know about the good and the bad.

By the way, I have also posted threads about very good vendors to let others know that too.
Darth, your one or the most respected here on Camaro5.com and no one would challenge your integerity!

After having painted/powerdercoated wheels on "REDRUM" , I can tell you they are very easily prone to being chipped and depending on cleaning solvents, etc can compound the problem.

I would never buy a PAINTED/POWDER COATED set of wheels period...

Now doesn't execuse SAVINI's response to you , and hopefully they will make it right.

2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
Old 12-16-2010, 05:11 PM   #16
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Randy,
Please don't feel bad for me. Luckily I made them put it all in writing before I bought the wheels and unfortunately Nick ( BFXAuto) had to eat the extra shipping etc.. out of his pocket as I am sure Savini did nothing to help.

Powder coat is supposed to be one of the most durable finishes out their that is one reason they powder coat chasis on street rods or at least why they did mine and I have had no issues at all. I guess it all in how you do it.

The main issue is this company take advantage of their vendors and customers, plain and simple.

If you are brave buy these wheels at your own risk.

If I had the money I would get rid of these wheels and change to another brand plain and simple.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:21 PM   #17
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
Savini FAIL
What pisses me off is we get it jammed down our throat that we must spend this outrageous money to get quality wheels. I call BS!! I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. Hopefully more people will find out about them before they rip more people off.

Again. My parents, brother, freinds, Bonnies family etc, all gave me the "YOU PAID WHAT?...... YOUR A MORON" And of course my response was, "Hey...... you get what you pay for".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
Randy,
Please don't feel bad for me. Luckily I made them put it all in writing before I bought the wheels and unfortunately Nick ( BFXAuto) had to eat the extra shipping etc.. out of his pocket as I am sure Savini did nothing to help.

Powder coat is supposed to be one of the most durable finishes out their that is one reason they powder coat chasis on street rods or at least why they did mine and I have had no issues at all. I guess it all in how you do it.

The main issue is this company is slimey and they take advantage of their vendors and customers, plain and simple.

If you are brave buy these wheels at your own risk.

If I had the money I would get rid of these wheels and change to another brand plain and simple.
I accepted the fact that I had my sensors stolen while at Savini, and my paint flaking must not have been as bad as Emmas. I overlook it. NEVER said a word. And Savini still approached my situation like I was trying to somehow get over on them. (Nick was really cool) I suspect he was with Emma too. He just works for a bad company. I don't blame Nick at all. He must go home and beat his head against the wall a lot.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:26 PM   #18
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

But someone has got to step up to the plate, you can't keep falling back on " I just work here" and to keep blaming the Rednecks in Alabama, well I guess they moved to Ohio now and have a vendetta out for Savini wheels. Attention BOLO for Savini wheels, tear'em up when you get a chance.

How are forged wheels so easily damaged. I don't get that once.

NO the real real truth is SAVINI is hurting in the market place, they sell high end wheels and with the economy in the condition it is not alot of people are buying 1100.00 wheels.

My guess is they won't be around long at this rate.

They need to go up the street and take lessons from Adam's polishes about customer service.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:31 PM   #19
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Well that sucks DE, PQ and Dr. Jekl...

I know it is probably of no help because wheel choice is based so much on personal taste, but I have run Forgeline wheels (of which Tony is a dealer) and have had absolutely NO problems with them - very round, very powdercoated and very well made. When you have a company that makes wheels for RACE CARS they are held to pretty high standards. Sorry guys (and girls)...
Old 12-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #20
Savini
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Send a message via AIM to Savini
Savini Rebuttal

Terri - It is unfortunate that after all the conversations we had regarding this, you still want to bash us on the forum. It was all fine and dandy when your wheels were getting done for a very discounted cost, and now this? We both agreed that there was mis-communication between us and then we came to an agreed upon conclusion. I emphasized that this mis-communication would not have happened if it were a shop we were dealing with as a shop would probably have used different terminology considering you are a self proclaimed "noob". We have distributors set up for a reason and we were trying to help you out because you did not want to work with Tony.

We have also spent time and money trying to support the Camaro community and can not get away from the PQ situation. Shipping damage, extended ETAs, miscommunication are just some of the concerns when dealing with mail order companies. We have distributors located throughout the nation to assist you with personal service, timely responses, quality information, and state of the art equipment... AND we would be more than happy to refer you to anyone of them.

now to address paint/warranty concern:
Quote:
I know painted wheels can chip. But, what I do find problematic is that Savini didn’t do what they promised to resolve the issue....For that kind of money, they should stand behind their product with better customer service.
- We were going to refinish the centers (original (warrantable) problem area) for FREE.
- You wanted to switch to powdercoat
- You admitted that the shop damaged one of the wheels
- More than one wheel was damaged when they arrived

__________________________________________________ ______________

Quote:
There seems to be a re-occurring theme here with this vendor. In every story told the customer ends up taking it in the shorts if there is any issues that arises.
Jekl - From what I understand, you loved your wheels! They look great, you got tons of compliments, they fit perfectly. Its unfortunate that you would jump on this thread just to bash a company.

- The vibration was just a balancing issue (not the wheels).
- The wrong lugs - again, Not Savini
- Missing caps - again, Not Savini

Tomato
- We have already made you your replacement set and they were shipped out to you. Wheel Studio shipped them to the wrong address. It's unfortunate, but again... NOT SAVINI

We have another set of caps on the production schedule, but our orders are are already in place and they will be cut when your schedule comes up. I apologize for the delay and we are getting through this as quickly as possible

Last and not least... EVERY issue that comes up, we are here on the boards trying to make it right.

__________________________________________________ _____________

Randy - I (Nick) have stood behind everything I have said in person, on the forum, over the phone, etc. It is not easy to get things done as quickly as some would want when you work for a company this size. There are guide lines that I have to follow before we can take the most drastic action of remaking wheels.

Guys, just an FYI: Savini has been around since 2003 and have sold over 160 sets of Camaro wheels this year. Im not trying to say we dont have issues, because every company does. But we do try and make it right...
Old 12-16-2010, 05:38 PM   #21
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
But someone has got to step up to the plate, you can't keep falling back on " I just work here" and to keep blaming the Rednecks in Alabama, well I guess they moved to Ohio now and have a vendetta out for Savini wheels. Attention BOLO for Savini wheels, tear'em up when you get a chance.

How are forged wheels so easily damaged. I don't get that once.

NO the real real truth is SAVINI is hurting in the market place, they sell high end wheels and with the economy in the condition it is not alot of people are buying 1100.00 wheels.

My guess is they won't be around long at this rate.
I can't argue one bit. I make no excuses for Savini in the least. Just hate Nick has to deal with them. Don't get me wrong. Though I don't have a problem with Nick, I am done with anything that is Savini.

Oh, and I wasn't just being funny with that savinisucks.com thing. I already have hosting. For 12.00 it will be worth it.

Savini wheels are nice to look at and all, but they just aren't made for practical use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Well that sucks DE, PQ and Dr. Jekl...

I know it is probably of no help because wheel choice is based so much on personal taste, but I have run Forgeline wheels (of which Tony is a dealer) and have had absolutely NO problems with them - very round, very powdercoated and very well made. When you have a company that makes wheels for RACE CARS they are held to pretty high standards.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:49 PM   #22
coolman

I got made fun of for having china built Foose rims on mine. Well over a year later and not a mark on them ,and I got wheels and tires for the price of your wheels alone. These guys won't be around long doing business like this. I hope you get it worked out. I do think PQ would have been screwed if it wasn't for this forum.
Old 12-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #23
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
why are you dealing with Savini? shouldnt you have called Nineball first and handled it through him? he's a great seller and im sure he would help you as much as he can, just dont see how you should have to work to get what you paid for..

there is a reason why companies like Vossen advertise here...

edit: didnt know Savini was on here.. HI!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #24
LittleRockCGM

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM/IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
I paid $6000 for these wheels. I now have well over $7000 (not including the tires) invested in them with all the extra shipping, mounting and balancing, plus refinishing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savini View Post
It was all fine and dandy when your wheels were getting done for a very discounted cost, and now this?
Yikes! $1500.00 per wheel is a very discounted price...............
3300 11/11/09 - Order Scheduled for Production (TPW 11/23/09)
3400 11/17/09 - Order Broadcast
3800 11/23/09 - Build Complete (VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9170886)
4000 11/26/09 - Ready to Ship
4200 11/30/09 - Shipped (ETTX854262)
5000 12/11/09 - Delivered to Dealer
6000 12/12/09 - Delivered to Customer (It's Mine!)
Old 12-16-2010, 06:03 PM   #25
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savini View Post
Terri - It is unfortunate that after all the conversations we had regarding this, you still want to bash us on the forum. It was all fine and dandy when your wheels were getting done for a very discounted cost, and now this? We both agreed that there was mis-communication between us and then we came to an agreed upon conclusion. I emphasized that this mis-communication would not have happened if it were a shop we were dealing with as a shop would probably have used different terminology considering you are a self proclaimed "noob". We have distributors set up for a reason and we were trying to help you out because you did not want to work with Tony.

We have also spent time and money trying to support the Camaro community and can not get away from the PQ situation. Shipping damage, extended ETAs, miscommunication are just some of the concerns when dealing with mail order companies. We have distributors located throughout the nation to assist you with personal service, timely responses, quality information, and state of the art equipment... AND we would be more than happy to refer you to anyone of them.

now to address paint/warranty concern:

- We were going to refinish the centers (original (warrantable) problem area) for FREE.
- You wanted to switch to powdercoat
- You admitted that the shop damaged one of the wheels
- More than one wheel was damaged when they arrived

Jekl - From what I understand, you loved your wheels! They look great, you got tons of compliments, they fit perfectly. Its unfortunate that you would jump on this thread just to bash a company.

- The vibration was just a balancing issue (not the wheels).
- The wrong lugs - again, Not Savini
- Missing caps - again, Not Savini

Tomato
- We have already made you your replacement set and they were shipped out to you. Wheel Studio shipped them to the wrong address. It's unfortunate, but again... NOT SAVINI

We have another set of caps on the production schedule, but our orders are are already in place and they will be cut when your schedule comes up. I apologize for the delay and we are getting through this as quickly as possible

Last and not least... EVERY issue that comes up, we are here on the boards trying to make it right.

Randy - I (Nick) have stood behind everything I have said in person, on the forum, over the phone, etc. It is not easy to get things done as quickly as some would want when you work for a company this size. There are guide lines that I have to follow before we can take the most drastic action of remaking wheels.

Guys, just an FYI: Savini has been around since 2003 and have sold over 160 sets of Camaro wheels this year. Im not trying to say we dont have issues, because every company does. But we do try and make it right...

NICK, My Friend, Savini Rep and whatever else you want to be called on this forum.

First let me start by saying I understand that you WORK for Savini and you are not SAVINI.

Yes my wheels needed re-balancing and after I was sent the wrong lug nuts, the wheels were picked up at BFXauto's expense, rebalanced ( Which I offered to have done here just to make sure before they were sent back as to SAVE him some money and yes you can ask him, but he declined)
Then when I got the wheels back they were absolutely filthy, I e-mailed you, remember ( but I got no response from you) and I also stated that the center caps were missing.
True they have been sent and my wheel do ride smooth after having to be sent back.

Now I am just an old redneck from Alabama and don't know nothing except that rednecks like chrome wheels. Every car, truck and anything I ever have owned that has had wheels on it since 1992 has had chrome wheels. I have bought a new vehicle every year since 1992 and put wheels on it. This by far is the most expensive set of wheels I have EVER purchased and this set of wheels is by far the ONLY set I have ever had ANY issues with.

These are supposed to be the top of the line wheels from a top of the line company and good money is spent on them, but what doesn't make any sense is that NOOB or not your product should stand up. PERIOD. They should not have to be sent back and forth for ANY REASON AT ALL.

SAVINI is good at blaming every one else. They blame the VENDOR ,they blame the customer, you even blame the shops we take our vehicle to. I guess no one can balance a set of wheels unless you live in California., PLEEEASE. WE all are not that stupid.

YOU, NICK came to ME wanting me to BUY YOUR WHEELS. I TOLD YOU about my reservations especially after the issues with PQ wheels. You assured me that it was an isolated incident and that steps were taken to fix those issues. I guess not.

LUCKILY for me I decided to let you people mount and install the tires and everything just so that blame could not be put on anyone else except your vendor and YOU, no blaming ricky the redneck here.

Since you are the face of SAVINI on Camaro 5 Please explain to all the NOOBS here why your wheels damage so easy and they are forged. I thought forged things were stronger. Guess not.

I like baseball. RANDY STRIKE ONE, EMMA STRIKE 2 Guess WHAT STRIKE THREE IS UPON YOU to me SAVINI is letting their sales, reputation and whatever else they call it get destroyed over 200.00, especially after this woman paid , what 7000.00 for these wheel after all is said and done.

Are you kidding me?

You blamed PQ, You blamed Em, and IPS, Who else is left to blame. You know the funny thing. I searched and I have not seem one thread about Vossen wheels like this I wonder why?

Nick do the right thing give her the MONEY back, or we can continue to post emails, not just words but actual e-mails of what was actually said, start posting invoices and we will see where that gets us. I am sure alot of people would be interested in that,

But please don't insult our intelligence, that stuff you see on TV about ALABAMA it ain't all true, trust me on that.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:11 PM   #26
Savini
Account Suspended

Exactly!

and... Hi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russo View Post
why are you dealing with Savini? shouldnt you have called Nineball first and handled it through him?

edit: didnt know Savini was on here.. HI!
Old 12-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #27
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Bottom line. Anyone who pays 6 Grand for wheels should have ZERO problems and certainly not have to pay a dime more even if they did. To ask for more money for anything more is laughable.
Old 12-16-2010, 06:12 PM   #28
Savini
Account Suspended

no... Powdercoat the inners, powdercoat and paint match the outer, powdercoat and paint match the inner, disassemble, re-assemble, dismount and remount and balance the wheel.... and shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRockCGM View Post
Yikes! $1500.00 per wheel is a very discounted price...............

Closed Thread