Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-15-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Who says Mustangs are for little girls?

Apparently Ford does. From Autoblog: Report: Ford Looking for Younger Mustang Sallys with New Product

Ford has 45 years of Mustang domination under its belt, and the Dearborn, MI automaker wants to keep the streak alive by catering to every demographic from baby boomer motorheads to eight year-old girls. Sure, eight year-olds don't drive, but Ford wants to appeal to them with a new line of licensed merchandise called "Pony Girl for Mustang."

Ford will reportedly target two age groups for its new female-oriented Mustang gear: 8-12 and 13-16 year-old persuasion.The galloping horse will be prominent on everything from jewelery and cosmetics to home decor and apparel. Besides Ford's trademark Mustang emblem, the products will be adorned with more feminine decorations in the form of butterflies, flowers, and stars. If you're reading this and rolling your eyes, don't. Ford is happy to point out that according to its research, girls agse 8-16 pick the Mustang as their favorite car more than any other set of wheels on the road. If a Mustang branded glue stick t-shirt helps to foster more interest, then it can't be half bad, right?

You may be wondering why Ford would spend any time on toys and apparel when auto sales are in a tailspin. Ford brand director John Nens points out that branding gives Ford millions of dollars in low-effort revenue each year, with much of the work being done by toy and clothes manufacturers. He also pointed out to Horse Talk that Ford sold 160,000 Mustangs last year, and Mattel sold over one million.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 AM   #2
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
here we go... lol interesting find though.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:28 AM   #3
Morepwr
woohoo

Drives: Silverado, 70cutlass, 57chevy&more
The new barbie mustang?
Old 04-15-2009, 11:47 AM   #4
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Laugh all you want. Mild to wild,Ford knows what it's doing. There is no other car that can reach such a wide audience.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
wasn't there something about a prostate cancer edition a few years ago?
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:09 PM   #6
Eddy9

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Just got a new coffee mug........ says "Ponies are for little girls"!!!
Eddy9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:12 PM   #7
Eddy9

Why do all these Mustang people join the Camaro5 web site??? That's really sad! Go make your own Pony website!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
zebra
just can't seem to leave

Drives: your mom wild!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy9 View Post
Why do all these Mustang people join the Camaro5 web site??? That's really sad! Go make your own Pony website!
um... DG ain't a mustang boy.

and what does it matter if they're here, so long as they ain't just starting crap. wise strategerists know their competition
Samson ('18 HD): compounded 408
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:15 PM   #9
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Dear Eddy9,

Had i known sooner you were the owner of the internet i would have asked permission, please forgive me, and allow me to continue usage of your internet services :(

- fdjizm
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #10
KatarHol

Drives: '04 Mustang GT
Quote:
Because i'm not an idiot that only likes one car. Do you eat just one thing,drink just one thing,wear the same thing every day? God forbid someone likes variety.
KatarHol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:29 PM   #11
Eddy9

Sorry for offending anyone! Enjoy the Camaro website!!!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #12
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Every girl wants a pony when they grow up...this is hardly news. Give Ford credit though, it knows how to milk the same thing over and over again.

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:34 PM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
We already have a thread talking about that, its in the new "Chevy Camaro vs .... " section.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 12:35 PM   #14
1_2Many

Drives: 2008 Suzuki SX4
This is very clever of Ford...I think they are on to something. The funny thing is I have always related Mustangs to girls too. If I see a Mustang drive by me I always try to get a peek at the driver just in case it's a hot chick...I just did this yesterday as a matter of fact.