Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 07-11-2012, 08:55 AM   #15
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2012 View Post
Same here 2012SS w/ 5200 miles on it. Rubbing sound at low speed left turns. Would also love to see the latest TSB posted here if anyone has it!!
Have you been able to take it to the dealership for a proper diagnosis? Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. However, we do not have the ability to provide TSB information.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 07-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
SS2012

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Rally yellow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Have you been able to take it to the dealership for a proper diagnosis? Please let us know if you have any questions or comments. However, we do not have the ability to provide TSB information.

Brandon
Brandon,

What I'm experiencing only presents itself when the car is cold and I pull out of my garage and make my first left or right turn. (likely because the rear diff. is not fully lubed yet) Comparing what I've read here to what I'm experiencing, I'm pretty sure the TSB is the fix. I've made an appointment w/my dealer and I'll be dropping it off the night before, so they can test it cold. I fear they won't be able to replicate the noise (being you only get one shot when it's cold) and I'm not sure if any harm will come if I just ignore it, nor do I know if I can expect it to get worse. And if they do replicate the condition, I don't know if they'll have the parts readily available.... I know these are all good questions for my dealer and I planned on calling them today but thanks for your continued attention. I'll post the results of my efforts as things progress.

/s/Bob
Old 07-11-2012, 10:00 AM   #17
Tossuniam

Drives: 2011 Camaro 6.2 V8 2SS
Quote:

Brandon
Hi Brandon,

I live in Brazil and Chevrolet Brazil does not know how to handle the problem nor the existence of a TSB for the subject. Do you think you can help me?
Tossuniam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #18
SS2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tossuniam View Post
Hi Brandon,

I live in Brazil and Chevrolet Brazil does not know how to handle the problem nor the existence of a TSB for the subject. Do you think you can help me?
Tossuniam, Hello.... has your problem been getting progressively worse? Do you hear it only when the rear end is cold? Let's Hope Brandon can help you!

/s/Bob
Old 07-11-2012, 10:24 AM   #19
Tossuniam

Quote:
Tossuniam, Hello.... has your problem been getting progressively worse? Do you hear it only when the rear end is cold? Let's Hope Brandon can help you!

/s/Bob
Yes, it is getting progressively worse and most of the times when it is cold.
Old 07-11-2012, 10:40 AM   #20
SS2012

Quote:
Yes, it is getting progressively worse and most of the times when it is cold.
Even here in the U.S. my dealer didn't ackonwledge the TSB until I presented the number to them.... They have so many brands and so many bulletins. Let's hope Brandon can lead you to the solution. Keep me posted and I'll do the same! Good luck!
Old 07-11-2012, 11:04 AM   #21
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Hi Brandon,

The best thing to do is to contact customer service in your home market. The phone number appears to be 55-11-42-34-7700. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me at your convenience.

Brandon
Old 07-11-2012, 06:15 PM   #22
CamaroBC

Drives: Cyber Grey 2LT RS Coupe
Quote:
Even here in the U.S. my dealer didn't ackonwledge the TSB until I presented the number to them.... They have so many brands and so many bulletins. Let's hope Brandon can lead you to the solution. Keep me posted and I'll do the same! Good luck!
YUP
my dealer doesn't do squat until I tell them I have a tsb number or pic if not they won't even try to match it up with known issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CamaroBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 08:45 PM   #23
Cammie 2011

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2ss 1LE and 2013 1LE
I had this TSB service done today! Had to wait on the parts from being on back order. Drove it home 3 miles and haven't heard the noise return yet. Hope it's fixed. I have 3.500 miles on it.
Old 07-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #24
Tossuniam

Quote:
The best thing to do is to contact customer service in your home market. The phone number appears to be 55-11-42-34-7700. If you have any other questions, please feel free to PM me at your convenience.

Brandon
Thanks, Brandon
Old 07-14-2012, 04:09 PM   #25
patrick27md

Drives: 2012 2LS V6 Camaro
Mine does it only sometimes. A weird noise from the rear end when turning a low speeds.
patrick27md is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:19 PM   #26
Tossuniam

My car has been in the dealer for almost 10 days and they haven't solved the problem. I mentioned the TSB ( PI0137C) but they still refused to follow it. They have been trying some other procedures to solve the problem but until now nothing worked. Chevrolet in my country really sucks!!!
Old 07-25-2012, 12:12 AM   #27
IOM Black Diamond
HT5 COTW 1/21/13

Drives: 2010 Camaro Inferno 2SS RS 6M
I took my car into the dealer and gave them the number. They ordered the parts and did it no problem.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:41 AM   #28
Tossuniam

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtNMyTeeth View Post
I took my car into the dealer and gave them the number. They ordered the parts and did it no problem.
Can you tell me exactly what they did and what parts they changed?