Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 02:05 PM   #43
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Isn't this that same tool that Hylton linked to who wrote that ridiculous review near the end of July? The name looks familiar.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #44
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Isn't this that same tool that Hylton linked to who wrote that ridiculous review near the end of July? The name looks familiar.
Yep...
Old 08-19-2009, 02:07 PM   #45
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Maybe I should remove the links in his post???

That's what I would do.... Give me the power for like 5 minutes....
Old 08-19-2009, 02:09 PM   #46
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Well I can't buy an SS now...lol
Old 08-19-2009, 02:11 PM   #47
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mydreamcar View Post
everyone is entitled to thier opinion. Let him have it. What matters is what "you" the buyer cares. about I like the car, end story.

I agree to an extent but there are alot of people who dont know or study cars like we do. People are very Impressionable and can be swayed into not buying a car based on reviews. I will agree that everyone is tittled to their opinion.... but he seems to have made his up without even testing the car yet. "sorry boys and girls" is no way to start off a non biased post... especially without even testing the car yet.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:14 PM   #48
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
It's not that yo don't liek the car, it's that the article is written liek a troll.

but this was a funny line, "The verdict: If you want an inexpensive, fun-to-drive, rear-drive performance car, buy a Hyundai Genesis Coupe, or a Mazda MX-5 Miata (and a few pink shirts.)"
Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #49
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
I agree to an extent but there are alot of people who dont know or study cars like we do. People are very Impressionable and can be swayed into not buying a car based on reviews. I will agree that everyone is tittled to their opinion.... but he seems to have made his up without even testing the car yet. "sorry boys and girls" is no way to start off a non biased post... especially without even testing the car yet.
Consumer reports magazine. UGH i hate it.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:17 PM   #50
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Yep...
Okay that's all I need to know; I won't give him another hit on his webpage by clicking on the link then. He's the clown who complained about the trunk space of a Camaro, then recommends a MIATA which we all know just has TONS of trunk space. Miatas are also well known for their 1/4 mile times and how well they stack up against Mustangs. Why just the other day I was reminiscing about the glory days of the Miata in the 1960's when it went head-to-head with all the muscle cars of the time; it was a legend on the street....rrriiiggghht ROFL!

I had a Miata once because it reminded me of the Lotus Elan of the 1960's and the fact that my first car was a 1964 Triumph Spitfire. Fun little car but they ARE little. They'd be great if you lived in a European town with small, narrow streets but on California freeways they are not quite so fun. It gets a little disconcerting to feel your car being buffeted around like you're in a windstorm and you look over and see at eye level the lug nuts of a big rig going by.

I've only had my Camaro a day and a half but I can tell you hands-down it's by far the better machine; the word "magnificent" comes to mind quickly and easily.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Old 08-19-2009, 02:19 PM   #51
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Actually he did drive the V6 and he is planning on driving the SS. All his negative points he raised already can be applied to the SS as well so I have no idea why he'd even bother. SS has the same seats, same trunk and same "gangsta" windshield.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:22 PM   #52
austinpowersIII
Drives Kllerbee

Drives: 2010 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_corvette View Post
Consumer reports magazine. UGH i hate it.
I agree. Had a subscription given to me as a B-day gift.... never again.

Proudly Canadian, just like the 2010 Camaro.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #53
67 Convertible

Drives: 67 Camaro Convertible
You gotta admit "It'll burn rubber like an orgy" is classic though.
1100 - 4/28/09
2000 - 5/01/09
2500 - 5/05/09
3000 - 5/05/09
3300 - 5/30/09
3400 - 6/05/09
3800 - 6/18/09
4000 - 6/18/09
4B00 - 6/18/09
4200 - 6/22/09
5000 - 7/01/09
6000 - 7/01/09 It's Home!!
0000 - 7/14/11 Traded in with 24,000 miles. Currently 5th Gen less

Last edited by 67 Convertible; 08-19-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:24 PM   #54
2010-1SS-IBM

Drives: 1998 Nissan, 2010 Camaro
Well said, Doc.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:25 PM   #55
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by banovsky View Post
…please don't get me wrong, it's wonderful that people are still passionate about cars. And Camaro owners are some of the most passionate out there. But when I review a vehicle, it's from an objective standpoint, despite the amount of flowery language I'll use.

Cheers, M!

Who exactly do you believe you're fooling ?
'It's from an objective standpoint'.

These examples look CLEARLY objective;
1 - "Before you think I’m completely crazy, let me break your heart: the Camaro doesn’t drive all that well. It’s not a sports car — far from it — and though the 304 horsepower 3.6-litre direct injection V6 RS I drove had the numbers to make an impression, it just didn’t.

Starting from the engine bay and working your way through the car, it’s like Chevrolet put things in this coupe just so you can tell your friends: "Yeah, it has that," but not so the "things" make a better car. Let me explain."

Sounds an awful lot like you are stating PERSONAL OPINION, which assumably is acceptable in journalist circles, but not very represntative of the product you are offering - an objective review for perspective owners. Have you ever considered that your OPINONS may easily detract from the reputation, let alone sales of a product ? I'd have to seriously doubt that, given you slap so much rhetoric into your 'review'. Ie.: And it’ll burn rubber like an orgy

As a 'journalist' (using this word rather loosely in this case), you may want to reconsider exactly the value of what you offer vs. expressing yourself under someone else's poor judgement of providing you the forum to publicly do so.

2 - "That weight isn’t just “safety and emissions equipment” as manufacturers are so quick to say. Actually, despite the weight, it'll do a best-in-class 17 mpg in the city and 29 mpg on the highway.

Some of the weight, I guess, is from the 20-inch wheels fitted to my RS tester.

They look great — “Hey, friends, look: I have 20s on my car!” — but dilute the steering feel, make the car feel heavier than it should (rotating mass is worth about four times its weight when moving, so, say, 50lbs of wheel and tire at each corner feel more like 200lbs.) And though there’s tremendous grip from the ultra-wide tires, there’s very little confidence from the driver’s seat."

Far from alot of reviews the auto magazines and online reviews state. Again, sounds awful close to personal opinion.

3 - Something else you can tell your friends: the car looks amazing, from it’s chiselled flanks, to BMW-esque ‘halo’ headlights, to scouring lower grille. It’s every bit the Whitesnake Bon Jovi Reunion Tour Superfest Road Wagon you’d hope it to be. But those looks come at a price.

First, every boy under the age of 15 (and some as old as 45) will point and shout, “Bumblebee!” as you drive past, which is only a good thing if you sell Megan Fox bikini calendars, or if you are the leader of the Boy Scouts.

What about storage space? Not much. Even less if you opt for the auxiliary gauge package that resides in the lower dash panel, just in front of the shift lever.

“Look, friends: I have auxiliary gauges!”

The last statement is simply childish. I seriously have to wonder how old you are.

4 - But if you want to live again after spending 15 years driving drab, beige, Japanese-produced prison cells with funny names like Camry, Corolla, or Altima, buy the Camaro. Tell your friends about the engine, the wheels, and the gauges. Tell them it starred in two real-life moving pictures made in Hollywood!

Tell them General Motors is back, in a big way, because they are. But the General’s best products are G8, CTS, Malibu, Equinox, and Traverse.

The Camaro is the sales pitch.

I assume at the end of your 'review' you are trying to reconnect with your reader after having gone adolescent in your article. At the end, you TRY to elevate yourself above bashing GM by talking up other GM model cars, but appears you even have difficulty being objective and mature enough to achieve even that task with such statements as 'Tell them, Tell your friends, talk of real-life moving pictures made in Hollywood'.

It is quite obvious from the start of your 'Objective review' that you stand against GM and the Camaro, so offering a review for public reading while struting like a child is a serious waste of any payment and time you were provided for this article. Your inuendo's are belittling to the reader and not as humourous as you would like to think.

Do yourself a favor and go back to studying exactly what an 'objective perspective' entails, then offer an article. In the meantime, you're using the forum provided you to speak out like a child on a public internet forum. Your career as a writer may be in jeopardy until you understand the difference between valuable writing and childish rants.

.... and for the record, I have no need to read your SS review. I already know what it's content, not that your writing will ever attract my curiousity again anyway.
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]

Last edited by calflan; 08-19-2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:26 PM   #56
ShnOmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
Actually he did drive the V6 and he is planning on driving the SS. All his negative points he raised already can be applied to the SS as well so I have no idea why he'd even bother. SS has the same seats, same trunk and same "gangsta" windshield.

As long as he doesnt carry his negative feelings into the next test it will be ok. Just seems like his mind is already made up about the SS.

Closed Thread

Tags
camaro, crappy review, miata, motor trend, review, useless, vlane