Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #1
noisemker

Drives: RY 2LT/RS
Trifecta tune question

I ocsasionally get an error code saying cyclinder 2 misfire. This will happen with the cruise control on, which I undertand means the ghost cam is not activated. I know Vince said this would happen from time to time but I thought it was only with the ghost cam active. Also im getting a noise which sounds like its coming from under the hood passanger side, sounds like metal rattling really quickly??, it happens more in sport mode when im using the tap shifters in the lower gears at around 2200 RPM. I havent had a chance to get it in yet but any advice about the tune or noise would be awesome thanks in advance

Airaid Intake And Solo CatBack Solo Highflow Cats
noisemker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 07:10 AM   #2
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Take a look at all the heat shields around the exhuast manifolds, and under the Camaro along the drive shaft, making sure none of them are rubbing at higher RPM's.

Just a thought on the strange noise.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:32 PM   #3
noisemker

Drives: RY 2LT/RS
I will look thanks

Airaid Intake And Solo CatBack Solo Highflow Cats
noisemker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 02:52 AM   #4
Grimlock
dey see me rollin

Drives: the magic school bus
My tune is also giving me some scares lately. With cruise on [so no ghost cam], the car will start shaking and driving sluggish when accelerating. Happened twice coming to a light on a highway and that is NOT the place I want my engine to start acting up. Of course when I have all the stuff to datalog, nothing happens.
Grimlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Hello!

Please keep us posted on your dealership visit. I am also happy to schedule an appointment for you and follow up with your dealership if you would like me to do so. Although I am not a certified technician and cannot offer technical advice, our service advisers at the dealerships will be able to assist toward a resolution for you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisemker View Post
I ocsasionally get an error code saying cyclinder 2 misfire. This will happen with the cruise control on, which I undertand means the ghost cam is not activated. I know Vince said this would happen from time to time but I thought it was only with the ghost cam active. Also im getting a noise which sounds like its coming from under the hood passanger side, sounds like metal rattling really quickly??, it happens more in sport mode when im using the tap shifters in the lower gears at around 2200 RPM. I havent had a chance to get it in yet but any advice about the tune or noise would be awesome thanks in advance
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 09:42 AM   #6
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Hi Grimlock,

Please let me know if you would like to schedule an appointment at your local dealership for a diagnosis. You may send a private message at any time with your full contact information. Thank you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimlock View Post
My tune is also giving me some scares lately. With cruise on [so no ghost cam], the car will start shaking and driving sluggish when accelerating. Happened twice coming to a light on a highway and that is NOT the place I want my engine to start acting up. Of course when I have all the stuff to datalog, nothing happens.
Old 09-01-2013, 06:14 PM   #7
Aequitas & Veritas

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS, 2009 GTR
It might not be the tune itself.

I don't have a tune but had a similar experience I went in as the code said Cylinder 2 was misfiring and they ended up replacing the ignition coil for cylinder 2. They inspected all my plugs and coils as a few were throwing codes but only needed to swap out #2.

I haven't had the problem since, hope this helps
Old 09-27-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
jkchambless
Austin LT

Drives: 1LT - Airaid,JBA Axleback,VMax PTB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hello!

Please keep us posted on your dealership visit. I am also happy to schedule an appointment for you and follow up with your dealership if you would like me to do so. Although I am not a certified technician and cannot offer technical advice, our service advisers at the dealerships will be able to assist toward a resolution for you!

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care
Jessica,
It was my understanding that a custom tune automatically voids the drive train warranty.....true or not.
jkchambless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 02:35 PM   #9
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Yes, it would potentially void the warranty. The service department is where the warranty voiding decision would be made as it depends on the diagnosis of the vehicle.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkchambless View Post
Jessica,
It was my understanding that a custom tune automatically voids the drive train warranty.....true or not.