Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 06-17-2011, 09:06 AM   #1
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
Removing Ultra-Gauge from OBDII port

I got my Ultra-Gauge last night and went right to my Camaro and Plugged it into the OBDII port. Every this seemed to work great. The only problem that I ran into was with trying to pull the connector out of the port. So before I break something I wanted to put it to the Forum. I know some of you have done this multipule times and just wanted to know if there was some kinda trick to getting them to release from the port.
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 09:19 AM   #2
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
just pull it out carefully by wiggling a little at a time. No specific way to take it off. I leave mine installed permanently and only take it out if I am somewhere I dont trust.
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 10:00 AM   #3
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
I've unplugged mine multiple times. It's a pain but bmorecam is right, just wiggle it side to side a little at a time and it will come off.

One more thing to know about the UltraGauge...if you still subscribe to OnStar and get the monthly diagnostic reports via email, they won't be able to scan your system if you have the UltraGauge plugged in to the OBDII port.
Old 06-17-2011, 10:30 AM   #4
Kmorpheus
Account Suspended

Drives: Green Dream Machine
Cool, thanks guys. So there is no clip that holds it in place that needs to be pressed back then? And thanks for the heads up on the on-star, I think I am done with it anyway. So it seems like this places a drain on the battery all the time. Will have to keep that in mind when it my Camaro sits for a bit.
Kmorpheus is offline   Reply With Quote