Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 01-27-2008, 05:39 PM   #57
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
I would probably be ok with 370 also but I had that 400 mark in my mind. If the car is below 3600 lbs 370 is just fine. 400 is better
VTXrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:43 PM   #58
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by balonywolf View Post
If you look in the space between the shifter and the gauges, there seems to ba a glossy part. Another readout of some kind?

I saw that also I think it is some kind of test sensor that will not be part of the final car
VTXrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #59
Bart

Drives: 1997 Trans Am
As far as the ignition goes, I had really hoped for push button start, but given that we knew that was out, dash mounted is really preferred. I thought a lot of manufacturers were going that route for security. Someone broke into my sons Monte Carlo and sure enough, broke the column trying to get into the ignition. A dash mounted ignition seems much better to me.

-Bart
2009 Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Bart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:06 PM   #60
85convertibleZ28
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 camaro ss rs cgm M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart View Post
As far as the ignition goes, I had really hoped for push button start, but given that we knew that was out, dash mounted is really preferred. I thought a lot of manufacturers were going that route for security. Someone broke into my sons Monte Carlo and sure enough, broke the column trying to get into the ignition. A dash mounted ignition seems much better to me.

-Bart
man I would love to see the ignition in the dash as well.
85convertibleZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:14 PM   #61
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Well, keep talking about the in-dash ignition. Maybe if demand is high enough (I certainly want it) then we can convince GM to do it.

The shifter definitely looks like some generic autozone part put in there so they can drive it until the real part is finished, so I wouldn't worry about it.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 06:25 PM   #62
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
You have to hover the pointer right in the center of the picture...Jalopnik
I learned that the hard way during the first interior shots.

Anyways.....AHHH!!!! I'm absolutely LOVING the way the interior is coming along.

Things Dragoneye notices:
CUP-HOLDERS
Radio is coming along..Like screen-plastic (very nice.)
REALLY lovin' the center console. looks like a flip-open storage.
Gauges (all of them) = real cool.
Parking brake...meh, not bad - but I can certainly live with it.

Thanks for posting these up!

EDIT...maybe it's a V6??? And the gauge doesn't end on a peak number? Or perhaps it's not flywheel torque, but rear wheel torque??? That would definitely be in the realm of the L76.
I agree, I think there are still peices missing in these pictures as well, I think there is going to be a few metel insert dash parts, the center console is still not complete, it looks also like it's not all put together.

I think I am bummed about the radio look, It may limit the choices on e might have if they want an aftermarket solution, like Navigation ! (I get lost and hate to ask for directions) lets hope GM offers a NAV option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post

I must say, I think the gauge cluster looks a bit odd... but I guess I'll have to wait for better pics. I like what they did to everything else though. the head unit looks awesome.

I think it in keeping with the Retro look, simular to the mustangs, although I think the qauges are a bit deep like the mustangs, it's a feature I did not like.
2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:04 PM   #63
Outrun

Drives: ...
Amazing! I can't believe they have a torque gauge. This car is going to be a hit!
Outrun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:15 PM   #64
2K05GT
Muscle Car Fanatic

Drives: 2017 Shelby GT350
I have an observation,
you know the icon that has an arrow that shows you which side the fuel door is on. look at the Camaro Pic. the arrow is pointing to the right, on the concept it was on the left? and we have not seen the right side of an un Camo car yet, just an observation thats all.
Attached Images

2005 Mustang GT, Mineral Grey - Sold
2K05GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:24 PM   #65
trapin

Drives: Camaro

Last edited by trapin; 07-19-2008 at 09:14 AM.
trapin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:34 PM   #66
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Welcom to the site Trapin. This little insider tidbits are prety valuable to us.

Thanks!
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:00 PM   #67
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Looks great man!

Frankly, I don't care where the ignition is as long as this thing turns ON.

Last edited by Scotsman; 01-27-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Scotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:17 PM   #68
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post

I must say, I think the gauge cluster looks a bit odd... but I guess I'll have to wait for better pics. I like what they did to everything else though. the head unit looks awesome.

Probably inspired by this camaro interior.

Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 08:27 PM   #69
Camaro Lives On
Force RECON

Drives: 2005 Saab 9-5 2.3T
Send a message via AIM to Camaro Lives On
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K05GT View Post
I have an observation,
you know the icon that has an arrow that shows you which side the fuel door is on. look at the Camaro Pic. the arrow is pointing to the right, on the concept it was on the left? and we have not seen the right side of an un Camo car yet, just an observation thats all.
ok i noticed something after studying the photos closer, and i know its slightly but i thought it was relavent to what he mentioned. when i looked close, it seemed like just peeking out out the rear cover, was an indention... either inm going crazy waiting for this thing to come out or this might be a gas cap type area? look right were it was on the concept idk im just saying wat i saw. like i said i might be crazy. i would have put a picture up pointing out were im talking bout, but my computer sucks . sryhttp://jalopnik.com/photogallery/200...thumb1280x1280
Old 01-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #70
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro Lives On View Post
ok i noticed something after studying the photos closer, and i know its slightly but i thought it was relavent to what he mentioned. when i looked close, it seemed like just peeking out out the rear cover, was an indention... either inm going crazy waiting for this thing to come out or this might be a gas cap type area? look right were it was on the concept idk im just saying wat i saw. like i said i might be crazy. i would have put a picture up pointing out were im talking bout, but my computer sucks . sryhttp://jalopnik.com/photogallery/200...thumb1280x1280
I thought I saw that too. Maybe we're both crazy?

I'll say more about the interior later. I just got my wisdom teeth taken out, so I'm going to lay here on the couch and watch a movie.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote