Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 12-01-2009, 09:23 PM   #2997
ABM 2SS

Drives: -
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tysen View Post
Ask Camaro Scotty, he may know where one is available. And there is one near me in Nashville, so they're out there.
It has been made difficult to bring cars into Canada from the US the last few years, especially newer ones with manufacturers not recognizing warranties and insurance companies refusing to insure. I ordered the ABM in late October and the dealer thought that getting one wasn't going to be a problem. I received the call today that the order wasn't picked up but if I picked another color, GM would accept and preference the car this Friday. I think the IBM will look great too, congratulations to all who ordered and received the ABM, the car looks amazing in person!
ABM 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 07:58 PM   #2998
Blue Bandit
blue bandit

Drives: 2018 2SS
ABM

My ABM and Peanut
Attached Images

Blue Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:52 PM   #2999
TJMcGee

Drives: 2010 ABM 2LT Camaro RS
Finally bit the bullet

My uncle just got a hold of a 2LT ABM for me. I'd been looking around for a while at pictures of peoples Camaros when I stumbled on this forum. I love the color. It'll be a nice little Christmas present for myself. It should be sitting in my driveway when I come off active duty for a few weeks for Christmas. Wonder how it handles on the icy Massachusetts roads!
TJMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #3000
vernal

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM 6M;1992 5.0 LX Hatch
New owner here, to share my ABM story. I heard from a friend who drives by a dealer that they had a Camaro in the lot, it was sunny out, so I said "What the heck" and went to take a gander. Thats it, I just wanted to see it in person. They had an RS and an ABM 2SS with white rally stripes parked right next to each other; I have no idea what color the RS was, cause the ABM was so awesome. I looked, and I looked, and I drove, and I looked, and looked some more, and I bought it. I only went to look, but that engine and that color made me make my most expensive impulse buy ever! No regrets so far, but I wonder if it was any other color would I still have bought it. The interplay of colors, the deep blue with surprise flashes of green and the metallic flake, just awesome! I have to believe that the consensus here is right, the color just doesn't reproduce well, but in person it is so fantastic I was shocked to hear they canceled it. Oh well, their loss. I recommend anyone on the fence about this color find a dealer who has one in inventory before it is too late!
vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:35 PM   #3001
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernal View Post
New owner here, to share my ABM story. I heard from a friend who drives by a dealer that they had a Camaro in the lot, it was sunny out, so I said "What the heck" and went to take a gander. Thats it, I just wanted to see it in person. They had an RS and an ABM 2SS with white rally stripes parked right next to each other; I have no idea what color the RS was, cause the ABM was so awesome. I looked, and I looked, and I drove, and I looked, and looked some more, and I bought it. I only went to look, but that engine and that color made me make my most expensive impulse buy ever! No regrets so far, but I wonder if it was any other color would I still have bought it. The interplay of colors, the deep blue with surprise flashes of green and the metallic flake, just awesome! I have to believe that the consensus here is right, the color just doesn't reproduce well, but in person it is so fantastic I was shocked to hear they canceled it. Oh well, their loss. I recommend anyone on the fence about this color find a dealer who has one in inventory before it is too late!
Vernal welcome to the family of discontinued and rare gen 5 camaros. Iam sure as are the rest of ABM owners you will enjoy the camaro very much. All we ask is to see some pictures.
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:44 PM   #3002
3CamarosOnHand

Drives: 2010 SS/RS ABM
Quote:
TJ Mcgee and Vernal welcome to the family of discontinued and rare gen 5 camaros. Iam sure as are the rest of ABM owners you will enjoy your camaro's very much. All we ask is to see some pictures.
3CamarosOnHand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 08:49 PM   #3003
geminidreams

Drives: ABM 2LT / RS
Added a little touch..

I really like it and if its sunny tomorrow I need to try and get some in the light.

My factory rally stripes had to be redone so I had them add a little color. to match my RS badges. breast cancer sticker in honor of a dear friend of mine, added red bowties to rims. Its like 10 degrees out tonight burrr..
Attached Images

geminidreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #3004
vernal

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM 6M;1992 5.0 LX Hatch
Here are my best ones so far. Naturally it has rained almost constantly since I bought it. And for good measure, one with a car like I almost bought.
Attached Images

vernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 10:39 PM   #3005
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Like the red accent stripes. I'm a NY Giants fan and thought of doing that on the outside of my silver rallys. In the end, was too chicken! Looks great!
Old 12-03-2009, 11:39 PM   #3006
geminidreams

I am happy with it that's all the really counts right lol... I just can't wait for spring / summer to really enjoy my car. That was the hard part about finally getting it in the fall not a lot of driving time with it. So I think of things to do to it .. Not to much just a little that shows my personality .. Its really really cold out right now I bet 8 degrees ..
Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #3007
geminidreams

One good thing at least with vinyl if you get tired of it down the road you can take it off
Old 12-04-2009, 04:48 PM   #3008
TripleB
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2017 2LT Hyper Blue Metallic Camaro
i keep going back and forth on the vinyl for mine...when i get it. i want rally stripes. i want them to extend past the hood and just over the spoiler. i like having them painted on for washing/waxing purposes, and they also look better in my opinion. the only reasons i'm really considering the vinyl ones are for the cost, can get them quicker than painting them on, really there is not much downtime of not having the car (it'll be my daily driver and can't go too long without a car), and i can take them off in the future if i decide to sell or something (basically i can return it to stock..it being a rare color for the car/year it might be a good idea).
Old 12-04-2009, 05:13 PM   #3009
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:
Well, that sounds like the ABM that we sold....

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:29 AM   #3010
TitanTerry

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2LT, RS, ABM
It amazes me how Chevy's add of colors in post #3032 does not really show the true color as seen in all photos posted here. If they had a better representation of the color in there color selection I think they would have sold many more ABM cars. I have gotten nothing but amazing comments to the color of my car since I got it in September. Everywhere I go people say the color makes the car and they love it. Not one person has said they don't like the color, in fact 60 -75% of them it is the first comment out of their mouth... I sure am glad I got this color!

~ It's not a car...
~ IT'S A CAMARO!
~

Ordered: 07/02/09
HOME - 9/25/09
TitanTerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
abm camaro, aqua blue, aqua blue metallic, aqua blue metallic camaro, camaro, car, sevn86 was here!