Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 05-23-2010, 07:59 AM   #1
iwanttogofastNY

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM
Thank You C.O.W (corvettes of westchester)

I wanted to share some of my experience with this vendor. Chuck of Corvettes of Westchester is pretty much the man! I have been going to his place for a couple months now and let me tell you that he personally pours tons of time into each car, as does his first class crew he has working around him. Whenever you walk in, you always see at least (3-5) Z06 corvettes having custom upgrades, and these guys take the time to wrap the cars in protective covering and cloth so as not to harm your car!
I have all my service maintenice work done here too because i would rather these guys do it, than GM parts dept. where they are rush through jobs.

Also on the subject Tuning. This is really the cool part about Chuck, he road tunes your car until it is PERFECT!!!!! I mean like 3 hours in the middle of the night perfect.

I have had a bunch of work done with Chunk(tune intake), and have a bunch more to do(4:10, MGW shifter, headers), i recommend him to everyone.
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Coming Soon: 4:10 Gears?
iwanttogofastNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:41 AM   #2
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
i wish he had an identical twin down here in the south!

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
camaro1

Drives: 550+RWHP 2010 camaro
seems to be 2 different sides:

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/genera...er-engine.html
415ci stroker, TVS 2300 Magnacharger, cnc heads, cam, yank ss3200 converter, Kooks long tubes, Bwoody true cold air kit, ZL1 Pump, magnaflow 3" cat-back, lowering springs,BMR control arms and tie rod bars, 3.73 gears, diff mounts, RX can, ADM fuel controller
camaro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:15 AM   #4
iwanttogofastNY

i don't know that guy who wrote that, but i am can't imagine that that it would be 100% accurate, we all see members on here, place blame on vendors when something they don't like happens.

If someone ever needs a reference list for chucks work, i know about 8 guys on this forum i met at a car meet he had, let me know i will provide user-names.
Mods: American Racing Headers & Exhaust, Airaid Intake, Pfadt Front/Rear Sway Bars, Stealth Bulbs, AAC LED bowtie, AAC Concept LED Side-markers ABM/Tinted, 20% Tints, Chuck COW Tune, MGW shifter (blue with white racing stripes).

Old 05-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
iwanttogofastNY

here is a light search from another forum as well

http://z6.invisionfree.com/ny5thgen/...hp?showforum=9

Old 05-25-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
redvette24

Drives: 2004 Corvette Coupe
Yes, you will find both good and bad sides to everything. But if you do your homework, hopefully you dont get screwed later on. Buyer beware. Some salesmen can sell Ice to Eskimos .

Glad your happy with your tune.
Old 05-26-2010, 09:11 AM   #7
POWERFREAK
I.AM.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS/A6 cammed-n-whippled
Chuck is the MAN...great attention to detail (every car they work on is wrapped in plastic when it's pulled into the shop) and his tuning knowledge is top notch. I just had 4.10's installed at Corvettes of Westchester and they are perfect. From my personal experience, I have no problem recommending chuck and I know plenty of other people who are thrilled with his work. You do enough digging on forums you'll find negative posts about ANY performance shop...you just have to figure out which ones are BS.

Camaro1>>That crap that's getting slung around is BS at best, that car in question was raced weekly, seen CRAZY rpms and never had any problems. It's a N/A-LS2 that beat a ZR1. The car was a beast. And if you read that post you linked, the OP isn't even the owner of the car, I think you should take that post down....just sayin...it's BS, seems like there's a bunch of immature morons hell-bent on giving Chuck a bad rep (even though most of them have probably never even met the guy)...this thread was about the OP's positive experience.

Last edited by POWERFREAK; 05-26-2010 at 09:54 AM.
POWERFREAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2010, 11:07 PM   #8
redvette24

Drives: 2004 Corvette Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwanttogofastNY View Post
here is a light search from another forum as well

http://z6.invisionfree.com/ny5thgen/...hp?showforum=9
Two interesting reads.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:03 PM   #9