Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #29
scottmorton

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE
Quote:
I have a 2012 2SS. It had the grinding issues until I put 15k or so miles on it and then the dealership changed and flushed the brake/clutch fluid out. Since then it's been gravy...high rpm shifts and all
Sounds to me like air in the hydraulics for the clutch, which would in turn cause issue during a "fast" shift a person would make during any kind of excitement enhanced condition( ok your racing the damn thing... there I said it). Easy enough to fix, the grind probably comes from the pressure plate bouncing as the air bubble in the line causes pressure to oscillate.
scottmorton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:56 PM   #30
BLKSS1LE

Drives: 2013 Chevy Camaro SS 1LE
The apt. went okay today.. the tech road along with me and I let him shift the gears for me and he did notice the rough shifts and how it is extremely notchy going from 1 to 2. We could not get it to block him out of second. He will keep it outside and try again in the morning with cold fluid. We will see what the next steps should be.. but still not sure if I want to tear apart a brand new transmition.
BLKSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote