Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 10:00 PM   #127
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
I read the first post and a few others. Even though the paint is under warranty, with other issues such as lights, I wouldn't want it either.

A whole lotta over generalizing. Your Camaro doesn't represent all Camaros. Those guys pulled over and not waving doesn't mean everyone is like that. Could be another reason why they're not waving. A few others may have problems with paint but it doesn't mean the paint is bad.

Saw some corvettes with bad paint and some good. I know because I've been looking for one for months now. Your corvette may have seen little highway.

I get the "not waving" thing being a small reason why you got rid of it. People were just surprised that was considered a factor.

I can relate Camaros like ants there as I imagine w/out snow, you get more sporty cars as someone mentioned.

If someone asked "Why didn't you get a ZL1?" you shoulda just replied "Didn't want one". Its no biggie.

I don't blame you going to a corvette as I want to do the same. Badly
Old 07-09-2013, 10:05 PM   #128
TastyBake

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS Black
Like the other guy, I do want to offer my thanks for the job you do. People can sleep at night because of you and I wave to LEOs when I pass them. Did that for 4 years.

Just ease up on the over generalizing. Case by case. Aint the way to live, man.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:19 PM   #129
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt View Post
And if the nim-rod OP would have just said that. This thread wouldn't be 100 replys long.
that wasnt the point of the OP's post though, he really wanted to vent and trash Camaro's, Camaro owners and GM, in that order, then try to cover up his trashing by the thin cover of what he traded it in for....it was really immaterial that it was a vette, if he was buying a Justy, the thread would still be here......

I originally thought the OP was posting expecting a different reaction, ive now come to the conclusion he is getting exactly what he wants, and prolonging this thread with baseless arguments....some people see that as a way to get attention...
Old 07-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #130
SSinisterLS3

Drives: 07 C6 LS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyBake View Post
Like the other guy, I do want to offer my thanks for the job you do. People can sleep at night because of you and I wave to LEOs when I pass them. Did that for 4 years.

Just ease up on the over generalizing. Case by case. Aint the way to live, man.
Thanks for saying that! I appreciate it.

Now, there is one thing here that reminds me of work. I believe the camaro is overpriced. Did I say camaros have paint problems? Yes. TSBs exist for the paint. Case closed. Not bringing it up again. A TSB is GM admitting there is a common problem. Other than that, I don't see that I have generalized. I'm not the one saying all camaros are horrible. I am stating facts. All facts. If you don't believe them, well, that's up to you. Some times, words get put in your mouth. That's whats happening with me here. Make one mistake about a ZL1 owner, and bam, people jump on that one. That's because you are dying to find an issue with what I'm saying.

Bottom line, it's all facts. TSBs, production numbers, and market values support what I have said. I have backed it all up. If you don't believe it, direct your flame at GM for releasing 'bad information' I guess.

I think that is the issue. Alot are driving 2013s. Of course you are happy. You are probably typing this up on your phone sitting in your car sucking in the smell of freshly made leather. Lets not let that blind the fact that TSBs exist for problems I have stated. Don't judge something that you have only put 10k miles on. I loved my camaro when it was new as well, even if it was used. Putting miles on it reveals truths about it. It seems this is being denied by the majority, which drive....brand new cars. Of course you have no problems! It's new!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
prolonging this thread with baseless arguments....some people see that as a way to get attention...
See above. I've supported my arguments. How is this "baseless"?

Last edited by SSinisterLS3; 07-09-2013 at 10:31 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #131
fastgun

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Camaros being overpriced is just your opinion like you said. A lot of people do not believe this to be true. As far as TSBs go, there are TSBs on just about every car out there. Vettes included. Just facts.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #132
SILVER BULLET RS

Drives: 2012 Black Synergy Camaro SS
Congrats on your Vette! Sorry to hear your Camaro SS didn't make you a happy owner. I find it weird that all your frustration ended with you getting rid of your car. For me all the stuff you listed is trivial other than the paint peeling and even then I would make GM repaint it. As far as other Camaro owners not waving, I don't really care if they wave back or not. And as far as racing, my LLT V6 is fast enough to win a lot of races and slow enough to lose a lot of races! If you truly love your Camaro, you stick with it thru thick and thin man! I hope your Vette makes you happy for a long time.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:44 PM   #133
sakipat

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
Old 07-09-2013, 10:51 PM   #134
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRIS10 View Post
Yup, I'm poor cuz I'm always modding my rides.
Attachment 532462

Sent using Tapatalk from my Galaxy III ♥
good one! LOL OP lose yourself . You are a Corvette owner dying for attention from poor camaro owners. Wow never thought I'll see the day. Now I can see why camaros are selling . A corvette owner even wants. attention from camaro owners. lmao camaro really is on top. you're not helping Corvette. owners or yourself.
Old 07-09-2013, 10:55 PM   #135
jeffyjeff

Drives: 2011 jwl 1ss
Congrats on the vette. This is just my two cents on vetts. Yes I owned one you can look at my first post traded my 05 with the z51 package in for my 11 1ss. All I have to say is I didnt look back. The vette was a great car but repairs were off the chain just because it was a vette. Not going to get into performance because it doesn't take a rocket scientists to figure that a car that weights 3300 is going to blow the doors off one that weighs 3800 pounds with the same power. I used mine as a DD and felt that it was more of a weekend toy then something I wanted to get in everyday. My vette days are over and dont plan on ever owning anthor one again. But I will say this I buy I diffrent GM car about every 2-3 years and I will definitely buy a ZL1 before I buy a z06. You can only go but so fast on the street. Like I said just my 2 cents from a former vette owner.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #136
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
I think that is the issue. Alot are driving 2013s. Of course you are happy. You are probably typing this up on your phone sitting in your car sucking in the smell of freshly made leather. Lets not let that blind the fact that TSBs exist for problems I have stated. Don't judge something that you have only put 10k miles on.

Been driving my 2010 since I took it off the lot new in early 2010, coming up on 4 years old next spring. Every car has issues as they get older and get USED. To think otherwise is silly. They are mechanical items and mechanical items do not stay in new condition for ever if they are used.

If there was a problem with the paint on your car, why not get it fixed?

Personally, I just think you got a camaro because they were new and it was the THING to do. In my opinion, that is a very poor reason for purchasing a car. I know a load of people that buy a new car because its the newest greatest thing, at least thats what they have heard or read about but then they have the car for a year or two and get tired of it for the simple fact they REALLY did not want THAT car, they bought it because it was the latest and greatest thing on the market. Again, very poor reason to purchase anything that costs this much.

Personally, I plan to have my camaro in the garage when I kick the bucket. Did not buy it to flip it in 5 years. Bought it to make it my dream car, and just about there.

Sorry you are so unhappy with your camaro, there is a reason to buy new, then you have some recourse if something goes wrong with your car, just sayin.........

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:15 PM   #137
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Who would want a base 07 vette when you can get great deals on 07 to 10 Z06s and why did someone put a trans am hood on it?

Doesn't matter what anyone thinks as long as you're happy. I just don't understand why people feel the need to try and rub it in peoples faces.

Oh, and 18 seconds is a life time at a race track. I could cross the finish line, crab a chair, and be sitting there drinking a beer waiting for you to cross the finish line in that
amount of time. I also didn't pay anywhere near 66k for my ZL1. I paid well under 60k. The ZL1 is a far better car all around than an 07 Vette ,and in talking rare, you'll see far more base C6 vettes than you will ZL1s.

Oh and I'm one of the A-holes that don't wave to people I don't know unless they wave to me first. To many nuts out there now a days ,and I feel it's best to not engage with anymore than you need to. Oh, and my father-in-law has a vette and he's not a wavier either. Maybe it's time for you to trade already.

Oh and thanks for your service. I do have great respect for people that wear the badge. One of my best friends is a Pa State cop.

Don't hate me for stating my views about what you posted.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:24 PM   #138
Nutro

Drives: 2011 2SS Synergy Green
Meh, your spoiler was "flaking" and would have been covered under the TSB but it's okay. Now you have the same boring ass vette that I see WAY more than Camaros around here.

The worst part of your post besides being offended about being waved to? Calling Camaro owners "Poor" but you went out and bought a friggin 6 year old vette and now think you're driving a Supercar because it's "Fiberglass" and you're insurance is cheaper.
Old 07-09-2013, 11:34 PM   #139
Fiftydriver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS RJT L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutro View Post
The worst part of your post besides being offended about being waved to? Calling Camaro owners "Poor" but you went out and bought a friggin 6 year old vette and now think you're driving a Supercar because it's "Fiberglass" and you're insurance is cheaper.
Not only that but he pretty much called me a rich SNOB for saying that you can mod your car with an almost endless amount of custom add ons to make it your own unique camaro........

This guy just wants to bitch, must be having a bad day. If I could I would wave to him to try to chear him up!!!

2010 SSRS, RJTC, L99, Maggie 2300 SC, 3.4" pulley, Roto-Fab CAI, Dynatech Supermaxx LT headers, Dynatech High Flow cats, Corsa Cat back exhaust, Dual Elite Engineering catch can, MSD wires and Jannetty custom tune, JRE custom diff w/ posi mod, 3.91 LPE gears, Pfaht trailing arms, Pfaht trailing arm and Diff bushings, drop springs and sport sway bars front and back, Fesler dual guage pillar pod w/ AM Cobalt Boost and A/F guages.

More to come!!
Old 07-09-2013, 11:36 PM   #140
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
Congrats on the purchase of your Corvette and I am glad you like it, but I do have to ask you one question. Did your therapist suggest you to write this to help with your anger issues? If so, I hope it made you feel better and relieve some of your anger. Please keep up with the therapy and don't forget to take your meds. Again, congrats on your Corvette.

P.S. I pity the first Corvette that does not wave back.

Closed Thread