Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 01-17-2014, 12:46 PM   #1
wutshotDJroomba

Drives: 2012 Camaro LS/SC
Can't wait for my s/c.

So I made the glorious mistake of ordering my supercharger a few weeks before Christmas. I wasn't the only one lol and now the shipping has taken longer than expected and needless to say the anticipation is killing me lol. Can't wait to join the ipf gang on here.
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
wutshotDJroomba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 02:50 PM   #2
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
It's a great and very supportive group. Love my kit.
Old 01-17-2014, 06:18 PM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Your going to love it!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:41 PM   #4
Nutbutt

Drives: 2011 RJT 2LT/RS Convertible
Let the permagrin begin !
Any questions ask, it's all family here !
Old 01-17-2014, 10:05 PM   #5
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil' Nasty View Post
It's a great and very supportive group. Love my kit.
Yes, I will probably be hounding you all with questions the day of installation lol, I checked out your build thread for pics of the install, very nice ride, sounded awesome in the video, how is it holding up?
"....Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle and it becomes the bottle. You put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now, water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.”
-Bruce Lee
Old 01-17-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutbutt View Post
Let the permagrin begin !
Any questions ask, it's all family here !
True that!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Your going to love it!
I see you all are! haha
-Bruce Lee
Old 01-18-2014, 07:17 AM   #7
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
I am here for pointers too, I have done a lot of research and R/D. Magnum is especially good at the tuning info too.
Old 01-18-2014, 10:47 AM   #8
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutshotDJroomba View Post
Yes, I will probably be hounding you all with questions the day of installation lol, I checked out your build thread for pics of the install, very nice ride, sounded awesome in the video, how is it holding up?
Thanks But no problem, I had a bunch of advice given by fellow IPF'ers to help along the way.

Its a beast and running flawless. Improving the Catch can system as we speak.
Old 01-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #9
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
I am here for pointers too, I have done a lot of research and R/D. Magnum is especially good at the tuning info too.
Thanks sycraft, I looked at your build thread too as well, very clean looking Six I must say. Perhaps we will see each other around town or at some meets haha

Quote:
Thanks But no problem, I had a bunch of advice given by fellow IPF'ers to help along the way.

Its a beast and running flawless. Improving the Catch can system as we speak.
Cool and thanks, after this I'm upgrading the brake system, nothing too flashy just a modest upgrade to slotted/drilled rotors, new pads. After that some suspension work will most definitely be in order. I'm not much of a track guy, I've just wanted a Camaro since I played with Hot Wheels in the dirt as a kid. I've had the car for almost two years and I just can't seem to stop modifying this and wanting to tweak that. What catch can system are you improving to? Just improving upon the one you have or replacing the system entirely?
-Bruce Lee
Old 01-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #10
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

That will be a great combo for your brakes. As for suspension, I would look at LSR. I have their Sways, Trailing arms, and toe links and makes a huge difference. As for the catch can, i bought the E2 elite can with dual ports. and am about to buy a 1LE separator for the clean side to the supercharger inlet.
Old 01-19-2014, 06:16 PM   #11
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
That will be a great combo for your brakes. As for suspension, I would look at LSR. I have their Sways, Trailing arms, and toe links and makes a huge difference. As for the catch can, i bought the E2 elite can with dual ports. and am about to buy a 1LE separator for the clean side to the supercharger inlet.
dumb question. and a little off topic, I'm familiar with sways, but what're the benefits of trailing arms and toe links?
-Bruce Lee
Old 01-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #12
Ventmaster

Drives: 2017 1SS 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutshotDJroomba View Post
dumb question. and a little off topic, I'm familiar with sways, but what're the benefits of trailing arms and toe links?
Basically stabilizing the rear wheels when they're under load (accelerating/turning). Keeps them from flexing out of optimal alignment.
Ventmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 05:12 PM   #13
wutshotDJroomba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ventmaster View Post
Basically stabilizing the rear wheels when they're under load (accelerating/turning). Keeps them from flexing out of optimal alignment.
Thank you, now let the research begin. lol
-Bruce Lee
Old 01-21-2014, 08:33 PM   #14
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Congrats. Hope you enjoy it.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote