Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 09-21-2014, 02:08 AM   #1
JTruck

Drives: 2014 Camaro 1LT/RS
Surf City Garage Rinse-Free Wash & Wax Review

First off thank you Dylan and SCG.

I would like to begin this by saying I have never used a rinseless wash product. It has just been a personal preference, if my car is dirty I take the time to do a full wash. But I said why not with this and thought I'd give it a try, and I'm glad I did.

I used the suggested method and followed everything on the bottle. My car was lightly soiled with rain spots and some dirt that settled with it. I feel a perfect condition for a rinseless wash. I did this in the shade of my garage.

I used a 5 gallon bucket with a grit guard, water, SCG Rinse Free Wash and Wax and 4 of SCG microfibers. I used one of my own personal microfibers for the drying.

Name:  IMG_3853.jpg
Views: 938
Size:  155.7 KB

Here are some pictures of the dirty car before using the products. Can be hard to see, but it was dirty, but not caked on dirt/mud.

Name:  IMG_3854.jpg
Views: 773
Size:  145.1 KB
Name:  IMG_3855.jpg
Views: 834
Size:  62.7 KB
Name:  IMG_3856.jpg
Views: 735
Size:  95.8 KB
Name:  IMG_3858.jpg
Views: 748
Size:  74.9 KB

Separated the car into four sections and used a towel for each section. Also used a separate microfiber after cleaning the paint to clean the wheels.

Name:  IMG_3859.jpg
Views: 736
Size:  88.8 KB

Overall I really liked the product and the idea of a rinseless wash since this is my first time. It was quick, was able to do this in the shade and didn't have to drag out all the normal equipment for a full wash.

I could instantly tell the high lubricity of the product and was not afraid of harming the paint because of that. The product smells great... Is it grapefruit?.. It did not leave behind any type of residue or streaks.

Here all the final pictures. This is straight after the rinseless wash, no detail spray or any other products.

Name:  IMG_3860.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  80.6 KB
Name:  IMG_3861.jpg
Views: 706
Size:  76.4 KB
Name:  IMG_3862.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  78.3 KB
Name:  IMG_3863.jpg
Views: 815
Size:  182.4 KB

Final words: I'm very happy I tried this out because I will definitely use rinseless wash as part of my arsenal. At 8 washes per bottle, I definitely see a value that I would pay for this, and will buy it in the future when I need to restock. Plus I like supporting someone who actively supports the community. What surprised me is that this product worked great on the windows... I was expecting to have to pull out my window cleaner to touch them up, but after pulling it into the sun, zero streaks or marks. A very nice surprise.

Great work Dylan
Old 09-21-2014, 07:28 AM   #2
SSJ455

Drives: "Kara Zor-El" 2017 2SS HBM
Great results and great review. I may have to give it a try.
Dangerzoooooone.

SSJ455 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 11:54 AM   #3
DylanVK

Drives: a few
Great review and glad you liked it! The windows definitely clean up nicely with this stuff, and its a comment we hear over and over from users. Definitely should have made mention of that in the video.

If we have enough interest in a group buy I'd be happy to put something together with gallons, maybe some towels, etc at a nice hefty discount for the C5 members. Anyone interested?

1967 C/10 PROJECT TRUCK | DETAILING EXPERT | CRAFT BEER ENTHUSIAST
DylanVK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 03:45 PM   #4
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2010 SS
^^^^^ if the price is right I'd be interested.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:32 PM   #5
babaron
Totally into it

Drives: '67 427vette/'11 Pacecar/'02 BMW ci
I'm in!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #6
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
I'm interested in this. I do have a question, I've never used a rinseless wash and wondering can a mixture be made in a regular spray bottle and used that way? I'm also about to take advantage of the 6pack sale I think.
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 05:30 PM   #7
DylanVK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I'm interested in this. I do have a question, I've never used a rinseless wash and wondering can a mixture be made in a regular spray bottle and used that way? I'm also about to take advantage of the 6pack sale I think.
So heres a thread that answers some of the questions:

http://www.surfcitygarageforums.com/...and-more-uses/

You are not alone - as long as rinse-free / rinseless / no-rinse products have been around, not everyone has tried them because the process does feel very unnatural for anyone who is a stickler for proper hose and bucket washes. Once you get into it though you'll get hooked quick.

As far as diluting it for spray on, yes you can do that. We recommend a dilution of around 16:1 for that use. It isn't as safe as the bucket method in terms of preventing swirls on a dirtier car, but it does offer that waterless convenience for light dust removal.

64:1 it makes a great clay lube too.

Old 09-26-2014, 04:50 PM   #8
760bowtie

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, 2018 Silverado CC
I finally got around to trying it and this thing is awesome. I had already tried the SCG wipe out scratch remover and was impressed with it. Now tried the wash and wax and SCG is 2 for 2 in my book. Looks like a gallon purchase for me once my 16oz bottle is done. Thanks again SCG.
Attached Images

760bowtie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #9
DylanVK

Glad you guys like it!

Surprised no one has commented on the color yet... I love how it goes from like a wheatgrass green to florescent green when you mix it in the bucket.

Old 09-26-2014, 09:34 PM   #10
trm2

Drives: Model S, Vette, Volt & Equinox
Color? There are those of us that are colorblind! I haven't bought any yet, but I don't know if I could recognize the different greens.
trm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:31 PM   #11
DylanVK

Quote:
Originally Posted by trm2 View Post
Color? There are those of us that are colorblind! I haven't bought any yet, but I don't know if I could recognize the different greens.
Good point.

For anyone looking to pick up Rinse-Free or restock their supply - we've got a deal running thru about noon PST tomorrow:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377516

Old 09-30-2014, 08:07 AM   #12
lbls1

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS SOM; 2015 Malibu LTZ
Subscribed.

'14 CAMARO ZL1 Blue Ray Metallic
lbls1 is offline   Reply With Quote