Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 07-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #29
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLHAILFRANKOS View Post
Good point, I'll definitely order the fark harness. Do you know if the XD700/5 fits into the space provided from the stock amp? Also, is there any cons of not having the 5-channel accessible?

Since I only have 300 watts to play with for the sub I'm looking to purchase either the 10-inch W3v3, 10-inch TW3 (wasn't too fond of this sub at the shop), or the 10-inch W1v3. I would also like to purchase the ******** 10-inch drop-in stealth enclosure for it's clean look. Which of those 3 subs would be the most ideal for the XD700/5 (300 watts considered) and that ******** enclosure? The W3's peak at 500 watts, would it be a waste of money running it off only the XD700/5 (could I add another amp to get everything the bang the sub offers later?) and the 300 watts it provides?
300 is fine, it does not take much to "thump" the car....and the 700 will fit fine, plenty of space on the board- it's only 2 in longer....do what I did and email/ call steve at ********. It is a lot cheaper to tell an installer what you want done than having him tell you what he's gonna do!
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:15 PM   #30
ALLHAILFRANKOS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
300 is fine, it does not take much to "thump" the car....and the 700 will fit fine, plenty of space on the board- it's only 2 in longer....do what I did and email/ call steve at ********. It is a lot cheaper to tell an installer what you want done than having him tell you what he's gonna do!
******** fark harness and stealth box ordered, going with the 10-inch W3v3, system being installed next Friday! Thanks for all your help man, sincerely. Learned a lot past week, thanks to you all!
ALLHAILFRANKOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:08 AM   #31
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Quote:
******** fark harness and stealth box ordered, going with the 10-inch W3v3, system being installed next Friday! Thanks for all your help man, sincerely. Learned a lot past week, thanks to you all!
Did you order an amp mounting board from ******** too? You will need one to install the new amp in the factory location. The factory amps have hardware incorporated that aftermarket amps don't have. I used the board from ******** for my sound processor instead.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:13 AM   #32
ALLHAILFRANKOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
Did you order an amp mounting board from ******** too? You will need one to install the new amp in the factory location. The factory amps have hardware incorporated that aftermarket amps don't have. I used the board from ******** for my sound processor instead.
I was totally unaware of that, so I did not. I took a look on the website and I'm either confused, or I'm looking at the wrong product. Do you have a link?
Old 07-10-2013, 08:39 AM   #33
Glen e

http://********.com/product_info.php?products_id=349
Old 07-10-2013, 09:07 AM   #34
ALLHAILFRANKOS

Ordered! You guys have come through for me once again! I think that should be the last piece to this puzzle, hopefully I haven't forgotten anything else.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:17 PM   #35
ALLHAILFRANKOS

Just noticed earlier that I ordered the square cutout mistakenly, when I actually need the round cutout lol. I've called and emailed the contacts from the site. Hopefully they can get to the order before it's shipped out. Keeps getting better and better huh? Smh lol
Old 07-10-2013, 04:39 PM   #36
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Hello C5, I have a little problem... This past Friday I had my BA door speakers replaced with JL TR650-CSi components at a local stereo shop due to the drivers side factory BA being blown and I am EXTREMELY underwhelmed by them. I've rode around with them installed for a few days now and they just don't pack the punch the BA's did for the type of music I listen to, nor do they mesh well with the factory rears at all. Honestly without making excuses, I didn't do my homework with this and may have dropped the ball. What impacted my decision in the first place to go with the JL's was really the build quality of the BA's, being that this is the second time a speaker that had to be replaced in less than a year (first replaced under warranty). Now... This shop claims the factories had to be cut out in order for the new speakers to be put in, so I'm not sure that I could go back to the BA's even if I wanted too :(

Where do I go from here?
ALLHAILFRANKOS,

Sorry to hear about your sound concerns. Please keep us updated on a fix!

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-12-2013, 12:58 AM   #37
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
Glad we could help. I think you will be amazed with your system when it is done.
Anything you need to know about these cars can be found on this forum. Search doesn't work very well but feel free to ask, you will get answers. If it can be done to these cars, chances are someone on here has done it.
Old 07-12-2013, 03:34 AM   #38
RedWingsZL1

Drives: 2013 AGM M6 ZL1, 2008 Tahoe LTZ
I'll stress this as I do to everyone. Installing a car stereo is easy for anyone with basic knowledge of cars and electronics. Save yourself some dough, plan a weekend and do it yourself. It won't take all weekend, and there are plenty of people here who can guide you through any mis-steps or hiccups.

It's a very gratifying experience when you power on the system that YOU installed.

******** will take care of everything you need product wise to make sure that the install is 100% smooth. The ******** harness makes installing an amp so easy. That, coupled with the battery being in the trunk of the camaro, swapping amps is as simple as a 30-45min job.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:02 AM   #39
ALLHAILFRANKOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWI View Post
Glad we could help. I think you will be amazed with your system when it is done.
Anything you need to know about these cars can be found on this forum. Search doesn't work very well but feel free to ask, you will get answers. If it can be done to these cars, chances are someone on here has done it.
I can't wait to hear it for the first time! much gas will be wasted that day lol. But with that being said, has anyone removed the BA emblems from the door speaker grills, or have any custom emblems or grills?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:15 AM   #40
ALLHAILFRANKOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWingsZL1 View Post
I'll stress this as I do to everyone. Installing a car stereo is easy for anyone with basic knowledge of cars and electronics. Save yourself some dough, plan a weekend and do it yourself. It won't take all weekend, and there are plenty of people here who can guide you through any mis-steps or hiccups.

It's a very gratifying experience when you power on the system that YOU installed.

******** will take care of everything you need product wise to make sure that the install is 100% smooth. The ******** harness makes installing an amp so easy. That, coupled with the battery being in the trunk of the camaro, swapping amps is as simple as a 30-45min job.
I think I'll give the DIY route a try next time. They're giving me a little break on the products and labor for the inconvenience, and they have to take out the speakers they installed that I didn't like so I can be reimbursed. Speaking of the battery, will the stock unit be enough to power everything without things happening such as light dimming?
Old 07-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #41
Glen e

Quote:
. Speaking of the battery, will the stock unit be enough to power everything without things happening such as light dimming?
yes...fine
Old 07-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #42
ALLHAILFRANKOS

LESS THAN 3 DAYS UNTIL INSTALL!!!
Attached Images

Tags
advice, disappointed, jl audio, tr650-csi