Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-17-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Anyone else do this?

So, as a non camaro owner but frequent envier and drooler, I find myself looking for the camaro all the time. I have about an hour commute to work and for the duration, I find myself scanning oncomming traffic along the highway for camaros. I'm not staring and being dangerous, just keeping an eye out. I see them relatively often (well at least four or five times in the last couple of monthes) and lately find myself getting a bit disappointed when I don't get a look at one. I can't wait to get one of these cars. Now if only someone were desperate enough to steal my current car I'd be in business. That is if the bank decided to give me what I owe and not what it's worth.
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 12:23 AM   #2
kellertxgen5

Drives: 2LT RS - Black w' black 21's
Well lets see...

I can recall every time I've seen one and exactly where I saw it and what model color it was etc.

I saw three in one day the other day (All SIM). And yes since I've placed my order it's all I look for when I'm driving.

This car is pretty much all I think about (when I'm not thinking about my beautiful 2 week old daughter)

I followed one 5 miles out of the way on my way home from work the other day (IOM with black stripes). I stopped short of pulling into dude's subdivision and thought I was going to get a ticket trying to keep up with him in my wife's Mitsubishi Endeavor.

I also stop by the local dealer just to stare at the pre-orders waiting to be picked up the guys don't even come out to ask me if I need help any more... they know who I am and why I'm there (they know I have an order already too).

So yeah I feel ya dude.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:22 AM   #3
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
I haven't seen a new Camaro, V6 or V8 on the road and I live in Bergen County, 20 minutes from New York City. I'm puzzled. I've seen Ferraris, Mustangs, , Vipers, and a crapload of those $100K Audis, and $100K Mercedes; even an Acura NSX, but no Camaros to be found anywhere. If Camaros were as hot and popular as the statistics say they are, I should be seeing them everywhere near my location. Hell, even Hawthorne Chevrolet has two Victory Red Camaros; a V8 and a V6. There was a black 2LT in front of Paramus Automall. It was sitting there for 3 weeks. Looks like it finally sold. I'm puzzled.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:27 AM   #4
Foster26

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM 6SP CGRS #9761
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
I haven't seen a new Camaro, V6 or V8 on the road and I live in Bergen County, 20 minutes from New York City. I'm puzzled. I've seen Ferraris, Mustangs, , Vipers, and a crapload of those $100K Audis, and $100K Mercedes; even an Acura NSX, but no Camaros to be found anywhere. If Camaros were as hot and popular as the statistics say they are, I should be seeing them everywhere near my location. Hell, even Hawthorne Chevrolet has two Victory Red Camaros; a V8 and a V6. There was a black 2LT in front of Paramus Automall. It was sitting there for 3 weeks. Looks like it finally sold. I'm puzzled.
dude, there are ONLY 25,000 of them throughout the entire US and Canada. With over 40,000 cities in the US, that would be less than 1 car for every city, not including Canada. They are still very rare.
Foster26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 03:54 AM   #5
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellertxgen5 View Post
Well lets see...

I can recall every time I've seen one and exactly where I saw it and what model color it was etc.

I saw three in one day the other day (All SIM). And yes since I've placed my order it's all I look for when I'm driving.

This car is pretty much all I think about (when I'm not thinking about my beautiful 2 week old daughter)

I followed one 5 miles out of the way on my way home from work the other day (IOM with black stripes). I stopped short of pulling into dude's subdivision and thought I was going to get a ticket trying to keep up with him in my wife's Mitsubishi Endeavor.

I also stop by the local dealer just to stare at the pre-orders waiting to be picked up the guys don't even come out to ask me if I need help any more... they know who I am and why I'm there (they know I have an order already too).

So yeah I feel ya dude.
Grats on the daughter bro! That kinda puts everything else in perspective.
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:29 AM   #6
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
dude, there are ONLY 25,000 of them throughout the entire US and Canada. With over 40,000 cities in the US, that would be less than 1 car for every city, not including Canada. They are still very rare.
I'm not saying the statistics are wrong. I'm just saying that it is extremely odd that in such a wealthy area I live in (Bergen County), I haven't seen one on the road. It is just very peculiar.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #7
aberg

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
I'm not saying the statistics are wrong. I'm just saying that it is extremely odd that in such a wealthy area I live in (Bergen County), I haven't seen one on the road. It is just very peculiar.
If you come up to Orange County NY I can show you where 4 of them reside. I have also seen 2 others on the road.
aberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 07:18 AM   #8
firstmate

Drives: 2010 Blk/Gry SS/RS M6
Maybe that's how they got wealthy - by NOT agreeing to pay over MSRP, if that is the case they are/were waiting for one they ordered. Of course, me waiting didn't make me wealthy dammit...
VIN #2386
Delivered 6-11-09 - Woo Hoo!!!

Hey Houston locals--------

Join the H-Town Camaro Club
www.H-TownCamaroClub.com
firstmate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:05 AM   #9
chrisgalles
TEXAS FIGHT!

Drives: Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foster26 View Post
It's funny... I live in the 'sticks' and I've seen 6 different Camaros rollin' around.
chrisgalles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:33 AM   #10
thebighar

Drives: 2018 1LT RS V6 Nightfall Grey
I am waiting patiently, or at least trying to be patient for mine. Every day i'm looking for a camaro on the street on the way to work and every other time i go out. I'm hoping to get mine in about 4 weeks and i hope i don't start seeing them everywhere as much as i still want to see one because i would like to own a somewhat "rare" car for a while. I think the economy is also stoping people who really want this car too from going out and ordering one, thats probably why you don't see as many as you should.
thebighar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 10:11 AM   #11
bono83

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, 2010 1LT
I'm always watching. So far, I've seen 3: One in a Buffalo Wild Wings parking lot in Kenosha, WI - A black SS, One on the road in Northern, One on n/b Route 45 at Millburn road in northern IL - Also a black SS (maybe the same one) and one on vacation in Tempe, AZ - a silver SS.
bono83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:30 AM   #12
kellertxgen5

Drives: 2LT RS - Black w' black 21's
Quote:
Originally Posted by navmaxlp View Post
Grats on the daughter bro! That kinda puts everything else in perspective.
Thanks man! Once my car gets here I'll have 2 babies!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #13
Rman91Bird
People call me a ricer

Drives: 1999 Grand Prix GT
Exactly!!!! Ever since production has started I haven't left the house without my camera! I've only seen two or three on the road and one at a Murphy Chev in Foley, MN. When ever I drive by a Chevy dealer I look for Camaros in the show room. Whenever I am just riding with my friends I say that "I'm on Camaro Duty." Also when my friends see one they usually text me and tell me all about it.

Glad I'm not the only one!
Old 07-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #14
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
money doesn't mean much

Quote:
If people have money it's for a reason, they are smart with it. So the only way they would get one other than ordering it is to pay extra.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote