Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 01-31-2010, 12:39 AM   #43
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
I just finished a complete Track Xa kit on a Camaro at Fastlanes. Now they had our old style diff tool and we have a upgraded one. It did take us about 1.5 hours to replace the diff bushings in this SS. So you can do the Pfadt bushings their way in a 5-6 hours of work, or do a Pedders bushing in a Pedders dealer in 1.5 hours. Your choice.

thanks
mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:28 AM   #44
Qwkss

Drives: Hoopty Winter Beater
Using our tool, we can get the Stock Diff bushings removed and the Pfadt bushings installed in 1.5 hour.
Its always nice to have options.
Qwkss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:36 AM   #45
Qwkss

And for the DIYers out there. We are offering our tool to purchase.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63224
Old 01-31-2010, 08:59 PM   #46
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
And for the DIYers out there. We are offering our tool to purchase.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63224
Some may think this is out of line, BUT considering responses I've been seeing I think it should be said. Its really good to see your not holding the tool hostage like DMS or having a one person pissing contest. Nice professional response "Qwkss" with no bull..... thanks for keeping it professional.
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 01-31-2010 at 09:23 PM.
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 PM   #47
Blue70SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz-lo View Post
Well MY .02 as a DIY it took me 4 hours to get the factory bushings out after I removed the diff! I made a tool and then had to cut the flange of the steel jacket off too!
Thanks for the pictures.... very helpful to see the cradle components like that.

LPE Brotherhood
Old 02-01-2010, 01:01 PM   #48
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Some may think this is out of line, BUT considering responses I've been seeing I think it should be said. Its really good to see your not holding the tool hostage like DMS or having a one person pissing contest. Nice professional response "Qwkss" with no bull..... thanks for keeping it professional.
Thanks for sending me "The Tool", Qwkss. I'll be installing the Pfadt bushings on Friday in Blue70SS's garage. DMS won't sell a tool, they are saving it just for Pedders Factory Installers. To hell with us DIYers, we only get DMS telling us it can be done in 1.5 hrs.(major sarcasm)
Old 02-01-2010, 01:54 PM   #49
Qwkss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue70SS View Post
Ive been doing this for 16 years, and it comments like this that make it easy for me to keep doing it for another 16 years.
Thank you for posting the pictures. I hope you dont mid that I used a couple in my thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
Thanks for sending me "The Tool", Qwkss. I'll be installing the Pfadt bushings on Friday in Blue70SS's garage. DMS won't sell a tool, they are saving it just for Pedders Factory Installers. To hell with us DIYers, we only get DMS telling us it can be done in 1.5 hrs.(major sarcasm)
You received it already? Nice!! Please post up any feedback you have. It should be straightforward, but if you run into any issues, please post them up.

Craig@cincyspeed.com
Old 02-01-2010, 04:39 PM   #50
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
I'm amazed at the hostility here. Mike (dms) didn't say to hell with the DIY'ers, he said the tool was a custom made one which they make for their dealers; in other words it's not a stocked on-the-shelf item they sell... they custom make them as needed for their dealers. His comment about it and the install time using it was aimed at Pfadt who does this as part of their business; it was not aimed at a one-time-use diy situation. How many businesses would tell their competitors "hey we have a tool that can cut that install time in half, interested?" I thought that was pretty cool for him to offer it to Aaron.

I just had a Pedder's Extreme Street package put on my car which included the diff bushings, many other bushings, coilovers and a full chassis alignment which in itself took over an hour on a very sophisticated machine. It took the Pedder's dealer a day to do it which included everything.

If a dealer can do the diff bushings in about 1.5 hrs at $60 an hour, that's about $90-100 in labor. I understand Mike's thinking that why sell a tool for $160 or more to be used only once when you can take it to the dealer who will do it for less? And he stated the problems they had in the past with loaning tools; I didn't see any bashing or contempt for the DIY crowd in what he said.

I read this thread earlier today and I almost commented on it but didn't. However it's really bothered me to the point where I wanted to comment.

All this hostility and anger really doesn't benefit any of the vendors or the Camaro community and I don't see any real reason for it. Both Pedder's and Pfadt make great stuff; they work as advertised and are worth getting. I couldn't be happier with my Pedder's system and I'm sure a Pfadt system would provide the same benefits. I'm very glad both companies support the Camaro and I'd hate to have that enthusiasm dampened by misplaced animosity.

Last Saturday the SoCal Cam5 group got together at Nutek wheels in Anaheim and we had a great time. Warren and Mike Lin from Racing Brake as well as Mike Haddad of Haddad Motorsports who is a Pedder's dealer and installed my system came to the event as well. It was a great day and great to see the spirit of community and cooperation between vendors that has become a hallmark of Camaro5 as everybody met together and discussed Camaros and the things we've done and plan to do to them.

Mtcwby you did a wonderful job of contributing to the children's charity event you guys did last year and I'd love to see that same spirit of good will brought here. Pfadt and Pedders are both excellent companies with top notch reputations; there shouldn't be any reason to have hard feelings towards either company or it's representatives. Both contribute very useful info to the forum and make great products and I believe it benefits all of us to have them here.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #51
mtcwby
High on "The Camaro Life"

Drives: 2010 2SS, IOM, LS3, Vortech, LG cam
Send a message via AIM to mtcwby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I'm amazed at the hostility here. Mike (dms) didn't say to hell with the DIY'ers, he said the tool was a custom made one which they make for their dealers; in other words it's not a stocked on-the-shelf item they sell... they custom make them as needed for their dealers. His comment about it and the install time using it was aimed at Pfadt who does this as part of their business; it was not aimed at a one-time-use diy situation. How many businesses would tell their competitors "hey we have a tool that can cut that install time in half, interested?" I thought that was pretty cool for him to offer it to Aaron.

I just had a Pedder's Extreme Street package put on my car which included the diff bushings, many other bushings, coilovers and a full chassis alignment which in itself took over an hour on a very sophisticated machine. It took the Pedder's dealer a day to do it which included everything.

If a dealer can do the diff bushings in about 1.5 hrs at $60 an hour, that's about $90-100 in labor. I understand Mike's thinking that why sell a tool for $160 or more to be used only once when you can take it to the dealer who will do it for less? And he stated the problems they had in the past with loaning tools; I didn't see any bashing or contempt for the DIY crowd in what he said.

I read this thread earlier today and I almost commented on it but didn't. However it's really bothered me to the point where I wanted to comment.

All this hostility and anger really doesn't benefit any of the vendors or the Camaro community and I don't see any real reason for it. Both Pedder's and Pfadt make great stuff; they work as advertised and are worth getting. I couldn't be happier with my Pedder's system and I'm sure a Pfadt system would provide the same benefits. I'm very glad both companies support the Camaro and I'd hate to have that enthusiasm dampened by misplaced animosity.

Last Saturday the SoCal Cam5 group got together at Nutek wheels in Anaheim and we had a great time. Warren and Mike Lin from Racing Brake as well as Mike Haddad of Haddad Motorsports who is a Pedder's dealer and installed my system came to the event as well. It was a great day and great to see the spirit of community and cooperation between vendors that has become a hallmark of Camaro5 as everybody met together and discussed Camaros and the things we've done and plan to do to them.

Mtcwby you did a wonderful job of contributing to the children's charity event you guys did last year and I'd love to see that same spirit of good will brought here. Pfadt and Pedders are both excellent companies with top notch reputations; there shouldn't be any reason to have hard feelings towards either company or it's representatives. Both contribute very useful info to the forum and make great products and I believe it benefits all of us to have them here.
When I called Pedders and asked to buy a tool, they said I wasn't a dealer so they wouldn't sell me one. I don't care what it costs, there isn't a Pedders shop in my area to take the car to. But when I called Cincy Speed and asked them about their tool, they said they'd make me one and send it within a couple days. Sure it cost $150, big deal. We did a Camaro meet last Saturday, and one of the other owners is going to buy it from me as soon as I'm done with it. So it isn't really costing a thing. It will just get resold over and over, until someone wants to keep it. The customer service is what I was bitching about, my money is as good as anyone elses. Pedders could have made an extra $150 and had a satisfied customer. In my book, Customer Service means everything, no matter how trivial it may be.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:22 PM   #52
g-townmach
I FARTED

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Off topic but thats a cute little blue jack. Where'd you get it?
Old 02-02-2010, 02:57 AM   #53
Blue70SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by g-townmach View Post
Off topic but thats a cute little blue jack. Where'd you get it?
Harbor Freight on sale during the holidays, retails at $120 now. Should come in handy for lowered cars being low profile..... I had checked out several and this fit the need and very easy on the back.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96562

LPE Brotherhood
Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 AM   #54
RS-SS2

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 09 mini, 01 3500
mtcwby, let me know how the install goes, might try to tackle this job myself as well.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #55
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtcwby View Post
When I called Pedders and asked to buy a tool, they said I wasn't a dealer so they wouldn't sell me one. I don't care what it costs, there isn't a Pedders shop in my area to take the car to. But when I called Cincy Speed and asked them about their tool, they said they'd make me one and send it within a couple days. Sure it cost $150, big deal. We did a Camaro meet last Saturday, and one of the other owners is going to buy it from me as soon as I'm done with it. So it isn't really costing a thing. It will just get resold over and over, until someone wants to keep it. The customer service is what I was bitching about, my money is as good as anyone elses. Pedders could have made an extra $150 and had a satisfied customer. In my book, Customer Service means everything, no matter how trivial it may be.
Our tool is hand made, at great cost to us. In fact we just significantly increased the strength of all the components to handle the additional stresses of the Camaro Steel jacket. We do not make a profit on the tool. We make the tools for the benefit of our dealers and only have a very limited supply.

We have tried lending customers some tools. This has proven to be significantly costly to us because of the lack of care some have done, like driving over a $500 cradle alignment tool, and 2 damaged old style diff bush tools. The issue is unknown to me as to how they did this. I have done over 30 or so with my diff tool and the only thing I have had to replace is the acme rod, which is a disposable component. We have not been able to find a higher grade 1/2 inch acme rod.

So sorry if our policy offends you. If we are going to tie up our capable and make 100 of these tools, then we are going to make it worth while financially. But we do not want to tie up our inventory capital on things like this. We also have a tool that can take a rear cradle bushing out in 30-45 seconds. But again, this is for our dealers only.

mike
dms
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #56
Blue70SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwkss View Post
First off, THANK YOU for the motivation. We looked around and could not find this tool you speak of. So we made our own. Worked great.

But you do have to cut one small piece of the old.

Then "fold" up the edge or knock it off.

Install tool.

Impact it.

VIOLA!! All three are gone.

Hears a Youtube video Mtcwby and I made showing tool in use - SLICK!
Thanks Cincy Speed - MUCH easier than my install!

Click pause and let load. Notice the video time as bushing is removed.

LPE Brotherhood

Last edited by Blue70SS; 02-07-2010 at 11:29 PM.