Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-15-2012, 12:36 PM   #155
Atom
GM Design

Drives: 1968 RS/SS Camaro
Congrats

WOW, pretty cool to win a Camaro eh?.....................even cooler if it's a Limited Edition model........

I just wanted to reach out to you and let you if you have any questions about the car (I was the Designer of the package, John Cox was the Accy. Marketing maverick) you can contact me thru Camaro5.

Also, if you want any of the original sketches signed, I'd be Happy to do that for you. This Package was very special to John and I, because it's the first time GM Accessories were ever combined with factory options to create a special edition this extensive in content......in that regard it was ground breaking.

Enjoy
-Atom
Atom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:05 PM   #156
SynergyMike

Drives: 2012 2SS Synergy Edition, 1979 Z-28
Great job with the package Atom, I have the Ashen Gray version - exactly like in the original sketches. I also have the accessory 21" wheels with the red lip. The full package looks AMAZING and am hesitant to do anything else to it. However, I think I will at least get tinted windows and lowering springs.

Here are a couple pics:

Name:  DSCN1797_web.jpg
Views: 527
Size:  77.4 KB

Name:  DSCN1793_web.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  86.1 KB

2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS Synergy Camaro
All stock (so far..)

1979 Camaro Z-28
Sub-frame off resto-mod, Holley Avenger EFI, 355 roller-cammed small-block, TH-400, Flowmaster exhaust
SynergyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 12:47 PM   #157
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Quote:
Originally Posted by davista04 View Post
just went through your build thread and gotta say i'm quite impressed!!! I have to see how i like mine before i decide to do anything, but i know i'm getting a vinyl package from Nightshades to start. Blue of course on a summit white synergy!!!
Love see some pics in that combo, I would imagine that it would look pretty cool.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 11:45 PM   #158
davista04

Drives: 2012 Special Edition Camaro Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atom View Post
WOW, pretty cool to win a Camaro eh?.....................even cooler if it's a Limited Edition model........

I just wanted to reach out to you and let you if you have any questions about the car (I was the Designer of the package, John Cox was the Accy. Marketing maverick) you can contact me thru Camaro5.

Also, if you want any of the original sketches signed, I'd be Happy to do that for you. This Package was very special to John and I, because it's the first time GM Accessories were ever combined with factory options to create a special edition this extensive in content......in that regard it was ground breaking.

Enjoy
-Atom

I'm getting more and more excited by the day. The hardest part has been the wait cause i'm kinda in the dark about everything. Everyone who's ordered a car has received an order number to track the car and i have nothing, just my correspondence with the Don Kowalski from Chevy Marketing. I wish i could watch it progress.

The ironic thing about this car is that about a week or two before i won, i told my fiance i would like to pick up a second vehicle. Something that on a nice day on the weekend get in and go for a drive and i've always loved the 3rd Gen's. So i was going to begin looking for one when i received a call from ePrize saying that i was the winner. So needless to say, i was speechless. This whole thing has been great, from the trip to Talladega, the meet and greet with Tony Stewart, to the day I went in and ordered my car. I can't wait for it to come....hopefully soon.

I would love to have signed sketches of what my car would look like just to commemorate the event. Everyone i know is excited about the car which is great but for me the sketches would be amazing. Thats the equivalent of receiving a signed copy of a sketch my chip foose in my book.

i can't wait to bring the car home....now it's back to waiting lol
Old 06-17-2012, 11:48 PM   #159
davista04

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyMike View Post
Great job with the package Atom, I have the Ashen Gray version - exactly like in the original sketches. I also have the accessory 21" wheels with the red lip. The full package looks AMAZING and am hesitant to do anything else to it. However, I think I will at least get tinted windows and lowering springs.

Here are a couple pics:

Attachment 385389

Attachment 385390
idk why, when i ordered mine, the tires and stripes were not in my build list print out so idk if they will be on the car. Also mine is supposed to come with the high wing instead of the deck blade
Old 06-18-2012, 09:15 AM   #160
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by davista04 View Post
idk why, when i ordered mine, the tires and stripes were not in my build list print out so idk if they will be on the car. Also mine is supposed to come with the high wing instead of the deck blade
I would have love to seen your face when you won, and make sure you post a video of when you turn the keys the very fist time!

Kudos!
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:22 AM   #161
davista04

i would have loved to see my face when i got the call. It was so close to april fools day that it took a few weeks for me to actually believe this happened. I can't wait to post that video when i fire up the car for the first time!!!
Old 06-22-2012, 03:33 AM   #162
davista04

so i received an email from the guy from chevy that is handling the camaro portion of the prize and he needs to "speak" with me, he has a few questions for me about the car, kinda curious as to what it is. Will update you guys after i talk to him
Old 06-22-2012, 09:18 AM   #163
davista04

So i just got off the phone with the gentleman from chevy and here's the update....It is TOO late in the year to have a 2012 built,and they are not offering a Synergy package on the 13's, so here are the options given to me. 1. A 2012 Buy Back, they would look for a 2012 Synergy that is still on a lot somewhere and although it may not be the exact specifics that i had order. 2. Go back in and Order a 2013, now my color choice would increase sufficiently and the other options that i could pick from, but this would start the process all over. I ordered the car 6 weeks ago today, i don't wanna wait ANOTHER 10-12 weeks for it so i will do a 2012 buy back, it may be black, it may we white. Idk, Idc, just as long as its a manual lol
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 AM   #164
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
I'd be opt for the 2013 as long as it's free of charge. Mine wa bayed almost 6100% weeks when I ordered it. 6 weeks more is nothing and worth the wait imo.
It's your car tho. I'd be a little impatient too but if I would love to be in your shoes.

austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:48 AM   #165
davista04

no the whole process starts over, i have to go back to the dealership and order a 13 and it goes from there
Old 06-22-2012, 09:52 AM   #166
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
So what dude, 2013 FTW. After the 6 weeks it will be worth it.

2013 2013 2013!!

And...

CONGRATS!!!
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #167
austin
Team LFX - 45TH RS

Drives: 2012 2LT/RS 45th
Impatience now will lead to regret later. Just sayin

austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 10:54 AM   #168
SynergyMike

Drives: 2012 2SS Synergy Edition, 1979 Z-28
The 2012 Synergy is quite unique and you will not see too many of them around. Sure, the 2013 model is quite nice with its new touch screen infotainment system, but after a while there will be tons of 2013's around.. This is what I would do:

Ask how long the buy-back process will take. If it is going to take 4+ weeks to locate one, make the deal, and have it shipped to you, then maybe you would want to wait another few weeks for the 2013.

OK, so I am bit biased as an owner of a 2012 Synergy. And just like anyone, I also have buyer's remorse when I know I could have waited "just a little bit longer" for that ZL1 or the new 1LE. However, I LOVE the 2012 Synergy and overall am extremely happy with my choice.

BTW, if you decide to go the buy-back route, there is one in my town (Broomfield, CO) at Century Chevrolet. Black, M6. This is the only other Synergy I have seen around other than mine. Here's the window sticker:

http://www.chevrolet.com/tools/windo...locresults_rat

Good luck!

2012 Ashen Gray 2SS/RS Synergy Camaro
All stock (so far..)

1979 Camaro Z-28
Sub-frame off resto-mod, Holley Avenger EFI, 355 roller-cammed small-block, TH-400, Flowmaster exhaust
SynergyMike is offline   Reply With Quote