Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-16-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
23isback

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Landed a Job which means new CAR!!

So i landed a job with Mccormick Ambulance as an EMT-b!!! Now since ill be receiving a nice little income at the end of the month its time to get rid of my 05 v6 mustang. I know I know don't gotta give crap about owning a pony haha but hey at least I'm thinking right and coming over to chevy:thumb up:
Im looking into a camaro i have test drove a 2lt rs camaro i gotta admit the difference between my v6 stang and the 2lt i felt my stang had more power, I will be using my car as a DD and don't mind paying 600$ a month at the most
SS it is my friends? is it really a big difference off the line? i tried to test drive the ss! at bunnin and running dealership and they just kept saying look at the lt models i could tell since I'm only 20 they don't think i have the money-_- not going back over there
23isback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #2
dorfmac
www.macsautodetail.com

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
I've really enjoyed my 6 since purchasing it. After reading on here about all the people switching to the SS I figured I'd see what all the hype was about. Test drove an SS and while there is a difference, it wasn't as much as I expected and therefore I couldn't justify spending an extra 10 grand or so.
dorfmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Old 07-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
dwinva

Drives: 13 2SS/RSvert,CRT,dual-mode exhaust
You definitely should test drive both before making your decision. I'm not advocating one over the other...Lord knows that horse has been beaten many times on this site....but to make an informed decision you need to look at all of your options thoroughly. Just my two cents worth. Good luck.
dwinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
JRT

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Well there is nothing wrong with a Mustang, I had a 2007 GT and it was a fantastic car. There is no need in being a blind fanboy. I hold no brand loyalty and I buy what I like in the price range that I can afford.

Now I am going to tell you what you don’t want to hear. DO NOT buy a new car and keep the Mustang. You are 20 years old and just got what seems to be your first real job. Save your money and build some wealth. Buy a house while the market is down and let it grow for you. A $600/m car payment is like throwing stacks of greenbacks in a campfire each month.

If you are hell bent on buying a new Camaro then get an LT. At your age in LA a SS would probably kill you on insurance not to mention the gas.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:17 PM   #6
two_wheel_mayhem
Would rather be riding

Drives: No car no more
I was gonna tell you all about why you shouldn't waste time or money on a V6 Camaro, because you are already curious about what an SS does better. I'll leave it at....the SS does everything better, the ZL1 even better, then we can go on to Corvettes.

However you may want to wait and see how the job works out and see if it's worth getting strapped over. I never knew an EMT that was thrilled about their job.
Old 07-16-2012, 08:26 PM   #7
Carls2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by two_wheel_mayhem View Post
I was gonna tell you all about why you shouldn't waste time or money on a V6 Camaro, because you are already curious about what an SS does better. I'll leave it at....the SS does everything better, the ZL1 even better, then we can go on to Corvettes.

However you may want to wait and see how the job works out and see if it's worth getting strapped over. I never knew an EMT that was thrilled about their job.
This
Old 07-16-2012, 08:59 PM   #8
mo_z

Drives: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT View Post
Now I am going to tell you what you don’t want to hear. DO NOT buy a new car and keep the Mustang. You are 20 years old and just got what seems to be your first real job. Save your money and build some wealth. Buy a house while the market is down and let it grow for you. A $600/m car payment is like throwing stacks of greenbacks in a campfire each month.

Make sure you like your new job then stack some cash away. Congrats on the new gig.
mo_z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:08 PM   #9
2xSSRS

Drives: 2017 SS Black on Black A8
OUCH!! $600/mo? Save your money for a Good down payment. Find a credit union for finance. I have an '11 2ss bought new and pay under $200/mo.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:11 PM   #10
Synerbee
SoCal Headturners

Drives: 2010 SGM
buy used it will save you a lot of money
Synerbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:16 PM   #11
rlem00

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I don't know what they pay EMT-B's in your neck of the woods, but you WILL be surviving on overtime with a 600/month payment. Take the advice stick with the mustang if it's paid for.
rlem00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:18 PM   #12
wadew2lt
U.S. Army Veteran

Drives: 2LT/RS SGM M6 Polished 20's
I agree with a lot of these guys. Save up first. I did ... paid cash!

It's hard for me to justify borrowing for a depreciating item. (unless of coarse, it's a CAMARO! - ha ha)

Good luck! & Congrats!
Old 07-16-2012, 09:28 PM   #13
TRIPWIRE
Chillin Like a Villain

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic Dusk Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xSSRS View Post
OUCH!! $600/mo? Save your money for a Good down payment. Find a credit union for finance. I have an '11 2ss bought new and pay under $200/mo.
damn and i though my payment was low where the hell did you find a credit union that gives that good of a rate?
TRIPWIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:30 PM   #14
TRIPWIRE
Chillin Like a Villain

Drives: 2013 2SS Blue Ray Metallic Dusk Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRT View Post
Now I am going to tell you what you don’t want to hear. DO NOT buy a new car and keep the Mustang. You are 20 years old and just got what seems to be your first real job. Save your money and build some wealth. Buy a house while the market is down and let it grow for you. A $600/m car payment is like throwing stacks of greenbacks in a campfire.
have to agree with him
TRIPWIRE is offline   Reply With Quote