Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-22-2014, 09:00 AM   #1
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
License Plate Lights Bummer

Well, I got 2 LEDs to replace the stock bulbs over the rear license plate. The right one came right out, since the latch was broken. But the light bulb had come out since that part was broken, too. Fortunately, I could reach the bulb and fish it out. Right side done.

Now, the left side. The bulb holder was just as brittle as the right side. When I finally got it out, the bulb is nowhere to be found.

How do I access the area behind the license plate to find the bulb? I tried from the trunk but its solid back there.

GM made some really crappy bulb holders. Hopefully replacements will be better. Now I know that little dimple in the paint above the license plate was from the loose bulb melting the plastic.

Anybody have a similar experience?
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:00 PM   #2
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
There are several threads here about this issue. A couple with damage to the rear bumper cover where the bulb melted through and how hard it was to have GM replace it under warranty.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:49 AM   #3
Duke

Drives: 2010 Red SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
There are several threads here about this issue. A couple with damage to the rear bumper cover where the bulb melted through and how hard it was to have GM replace it under warranty.
Thanks for the reply. I did a search but came up with zip. Where is the fuse box for these lights?
Duke is offline   Reply With Quote