Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 10-03-2010, 10:20 PM   #1
gofast908z

Drives: Camaro
Product Review: Adams Invisible Undercarriage Spray

I've been doing a lot of trucks lately and because you can see the wells easily (as opposed to most cars) they need to be cleaned and dressed for a good look. So with this truck I decided to try the Adams Invisible Undercarriage Spray.

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-61-ad...age-spray.aspx

Now on this truck I didn't have time to give the wells a super thorough cleaning, so I was really counting on this product to step up to the challenge! I can't say I was disappointed.

The upsides...

-It gave the well a SUPER glossy look. I loved it. The pics make it look a little more glossy than it actually was, but its definitely a wet look. If you like that look and want to dress the wheel wells of your ride quickly and easily, this is a good product.

-The sprayer is great, atomizes very well and is comfortable to hold and spray. (some companies have terrible sprayers, so this is a plus for me).

-A little goes a long way, good value for money.

The downsides...

-This should be done in your garage with the doors closed. Any little hint of wind or breeze and you'll get little specs of this all over the car/truck. There was almost no wind and I had to wipe down the entire truck. Now, doing this inside is a very easy solution to this, and with cars (instead of trucks) this should be less of a problem since the well is smaller and less will fly out with wind.

-It also tends to drip. Even if you coat it lightly, it still tends to drip (see pic). It will stain a driveway. So either do it in the garage with a couple towels, or out in the street. You could also immediately wipe it, but seems like that defeats the point of spraying it and walking away.

Now I don't want it to sound like this is a scary product to stay away from. Not at all. I like this and enjoy using it. I would recommend it, so I am. A little goes a long way, so at $12.95, its a good deal. Hope that helps.

gofast908z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Looks great. I can't stand dirty wheel wells!!
Old 10-03-2010, 11:01 PM   #3
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
I know it adds an extra step but I like to spray it then wipe it down with paper towel. Otherwise it's a little too greasy/shiny for me. But when I do it my way, can't beat the finished look. It's a good product.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:16 PM   #4
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
Invisible undercarriage spray is the one product that once I tried it, I bought a gallon! I was really impressed with it... Glad to see some other detailers noticing it as a great product! I actually don't advise using it in the garage; when this stuff hits concrete it can make the floor very slippery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2010, 11:37 PM   #5
gofast908z

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LTRS View Post
Invisible undercarriage spray is the one product that once I tried it, I bought a gallon! I was really impressed with it... Glad to see some other detailers noticing it as a great product! I actually don't advise using it in the garage; when this stuff hits concrete it can make the floor very slippery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, thats why I recommend putting some towels down, or even better, park on 4 big ones that you don't care about.
Old 10-03-2010, 11:39 PM   #6
2LTRS
Detailing Connoisseur

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow 2LT RS
I missed that put towels down part.. Ignore me..
Old 10-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #7
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Thanks for the great review and glad to hear you enjoyed the stuff. I think undercarriage products go greatly under-appreciated by a lot of people. Nothing can ruin a great detail like soiled wheel wells.

There has been a number of people who reported the dripping issue, as a result our next DVD will cover putting something down to protect the driveway prior to use. I generally will pull out into the street and do it over the asphalt.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 05:34 PM   #8
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
...and it smells like grape soda. Bonus (and there's a story behind it too, lol)
Old 10-04-2010, 05:46 PM   #9
gofast908z

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
...and it smells like grape soda. Bonus (and there's a story behind it too, lol)
It does! I forgot about that! Whats the story?
Old 10-04-2010, 07:58 PM   #10
MuttGrunt

Drives: Not Enough
Hey Dylan, this is an oil based product right?
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #11
Adam's Polishes

Drives: The shiny ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuttGrunt View Post
Hey Dylan, this is an oil based product right?
Silicone based, yes... has to be to do what it does.
Adam's Polishes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:54 PM   #12
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by gofast908z View Post
It does! I forgot about that! Whats the story?
Dylan could probably point you to the thread on Adam's forums, but it has something to do with Adam being fond of grape soda.

Tons of application tips over there too! I go light and wipe it down right away. If that doesn't cover everything a second light spray on the missed spots does the trick. No sling and I don't like them too shiny; just blacked out.