Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-07-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
Adam
You Said Member

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Auto RS
simplest solution for daily driver

Everytime I go to the zaino site, I get overwhelmed with all the super specific instructions that go along with every single product, including how to wash or dry clean whatever specific applicator is required.

So maybe someone can give me some advice to simplify this, if I only want to use one zaino product to protect my camaro, and want it to be a quick and easy process, what should I order?
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:19 AM   #2
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
U want a all in one product. There are three that come to mind they are klasse all in one,zaino all in one and maguires colorx. U can add a topper to them but u can use them as a stand alone if u want. For over the counter with a topper colorx with mags NXT 2.0 is a great choice if u want boutique zaino all in one with there clear seal or klasse with collinite if your willing to take one extra step and put a topper on them. Good luck.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #3
GLBL WMR
Booya

Drives: Black 2010 2SS/RS
Adams Polishes makes great products at reasonable prices. Straight forward as well. The Buttery Wax applies and comes off very easily. The hand polish is great as well.

http://www.adamspolishes.com
Old 06-07-2009, 01:12 PM   #4
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
If you want the very basics, and are choosing Zaino, here's what I'd recommend;

Z-7 Show Car Wash
Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish (IMO, doens't give quite the same amount of shine as Z-2, but will do a very good job hiding swirls, etc., while providing a very nice shine and great protection and durability.
Z-6 Ultra Gloss ENhancer Spray (for in between washings)

And, a good applicator for applying polish, a good wash mitt, and some good quality towels for polish removal and drying.

Application of the polish will be the most time consuming. But it'll be well worth it, and for a daily driver, you only need to do it every 6 mo. to provide good protection.

Spend a day applying up to 3 coats of polish, and follow up with just washing the vehicle when dirty, and you'll be fine.

Zaino can seem overwhelming, but its very easy to do, and very easy to use.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2009, 06:51 PM   #5
2010 SS RS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM Black Polished
Moose your attention to the cleaning and care methods is second to none. Thanks for taking the time with each one of us and helping us to care for our cars. I really liked the Zaino line and was willing to invest in them. However, my driving and situation does not require a long term protection and sealer. I am more of a pleasure, non weather related, storage in a outbuilding kind of car owner. Since I plan on using a lot of detailers, I opted to start with the Clay Bar followed by NXT 2.0 and use Ultimate Detailer. I found that the clay bar did a wonderful job removing shipping debris and production contaminates. The NXT was an easy application (not is swirls) but in straight even lines then back across the opposite way. Removal and polish was easy and once again no circular motions. After application, I noticed that most of the bugs and dust washed off very easily. I use a shampoo and conditioner from Meguires that also helps most water to sheet off when rinsed. Then I use some of the ulitimate detailer along with (NEW) microfiber towels to dry and polish. Your posts have set me on the right path and I now dont use old towels or apply in circular motions. Thanks again.
418 Stroker, 621RWHP 648 lbs TORQUE Built by Laramie GM Auto Center Tuned by Nick at Mac Autosport. EForce SC, 2 3/4pulley,LPE dual fuel pump, JRE Twin fuel rail upgrade, posi clutch kit, RX oilcatch can and breather, Callies Compstar crankshaft and rods, Racing bearings, CP -13.8 race pistons, steel rings, Comp Cams X6 blower cam, Springs, HD timing chain and tensioner, Doug Thorley Tri Y LT headers, 89.7lb injectors, RPM rollbar, DSS1400 shafts, Simpson 5 pt harness, BMR Toe rods and trailing arms, led lights, RPM input and output shafts
2010 SS RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010 SS RS View Post
Moose your attention to the cleaning and care methods is second to none. Thanks for taking the time with each one of us and helping us to care for our cars. I really liked the Zaino line and was willing to invest in them. However, my driving and situation does not require a long term protection and sealer. I am more of a pleasure, non weather related, storage in a outbuilding kind of car owner. Since I plan on using a lot of detailers, I opted to start with the Clay Bar followed by NXT 2.0 and use Ultimate Detailer. I found that the clay bar did a wonderful job removing shipping debris and production contaminates. The NXT was an easy application (not is swirls) but in straight even lines then back across the opposite way. Removal and polish was easy and once again no circular motions. After application, I noticed that most of the bugs and dust washed off very easily. I use a shampoo and conditioner from Meguires that also helps most water to sheet off when rinsed. Then I use some of the ulitimate detailer along with (NEW) microfiber towels to dry and polish. Your posts have set me on the right path and I now dont use old towels or apply in circular motions. Thanks again.
Thank you very much.

I really enjoy detailing. The most enjoyment I get is in returning a customers car to them and seeing their initial reaction.

And, equally enjoyable, is helping anyone with any questions they may have. Regardless of what product one use's, the "tips", "practice of detailing" is fairly similiar, and I'm very happy to help anyone, anytime.

I'm glad you found what works best for you.

If anyone has questions, and wants my input, please don't hesitate to ask.

Ed
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:11 PM   #7
beowulf80

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS MT, IBM
Quote:
Z-7 Show Car Wash
Z-5 PRO Show Car Polish (IMO, doens't give quite the same amount of shine as Z-2, but will do a very good job hiding swirls, etc., while providing a very nice shine and great protection and durability.
Z-6 Ultra Gloss ENhancer Spray (for in between washings)
Moose, you forgot ZFX for that Z-5! However, as always everything else is spot on.

Adam, Zaino does throw alot of specific info at you all at once. However, once you're doing it its really a very easy system. And like Moose said, you only have to use the Z-5 every 6 mo. The first time you run your hand over that smoother than glass finish you'll be sold!

P.S. Zaino does sell applicators and towels also. I still have not tried thier towels out, but the applicators work really well.
beowulf80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #8
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
And keep in mind after you do the initial Zaino process , you dont do that everytime. After i did the dawn wash,claybar,and Z2 Z6 merry go round , i just wash it and hit it with some Z6 if im in a rush.Most of the time i like to add at least one coat of Z2 ,but that's just preference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf80 View Post
P.S. Zaino does sell applicators and towels also. I still have not tried thier towels out, but the applicators work really well.

The towels are SUPER soft,the softest i have ever felt.

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:20 PM   #9
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
i dont see what zaino does any better than clay bar and waxing it. Zaino seems like a waste of time
Old 06-12-2009, 05:03 PM   #10
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
i dont see what zaino does any better than clay bar and waxing it. Zaino seems like a waste of time

1100 - 10/22/2008
3000 - 05/27/2009
3300 - 06/06/2009
3800 - 06/29/2009
4B00 - 06/29/2009

Warehouse 13 survivor

Blood stains,speed kills,fast cars,cheap thrills,rich women,fine wine,i lost my sense i lost control i lost my
mind.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:31 PM   #11
beowulf80

Drives: 2010 2SS / RS MT, IBM
Quote:
The towels are SUPER soft,the softest i have ever felt.
I noticed that as well. I should have said that I ordered a pack of them, planning to use them to remove the polish on the Camaro. Just waiting for my car now!

Quote:
Just guessing that you've never done it? Once you've got the basics down it really doesn't take that much longer than any wax system. Also, the quality difference is substantial
beowulf80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #12
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post

Biggest thing with zaino is the durability kicks azz. Only one product i can think of over the counter that could even come close to touching that would be collinite but u have to buy that stuff at boating store's or maybe duragloss. The typical synthetics mothers synwax,megs nxt2 or turtle wax ice dont even come close to the durability by a country mile.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote