Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 04-24-2012, 08:19 PM   #2045
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
What heat soak?
Old 04-24-2012, 08:56 PM   #2046
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
D-

The nice part about SC/FI is power only when you want it.

HP for HP a built motor is great, but will suffer in the mileage department. If your heart is set on NA, then a stroker kit would be a good way to go with a little nitrous shot for giggles.

So many choices...
Old 04-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #2047
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Doug I get some nasty heat out here and have zero problems with heat. I have a nice safe tune with good fuel pressure and a flat AFR at 11.5. as long as you keep the boost at a 7ish. With a conservative AFR. You won't have any problems. I took a small precaution and had my car retuned in the dead middle of summer just to be sure I was tuned for the worst conditions. No problems at all.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:42 PM   #2048
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Never thought about built motors using more gas. I like the "power on demand" option. I have no wish to go super crazy fast. The tires won't hold it anyway. I just want to be able to MOVE if I want. Can't wait to tune it...see what can come of it...
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 01:47 PM   #2049
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post
Never thought about built motors using more gas. I like the "power on demand" option. I have no wish to go super crazy fast. The tires won't hold it anyway. I just want to be able to MOVE if I want. Can't wait to tune it...see what can come of it...
You know even want to know what MPG I was getting... Bruce makes a great point...
Old 05-04-2012, 05:33 PM   #2050
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Ok.

10 and 12, both boxes, and JL amp are going to a new home as of Monday.

Brandon and Chris will be setting me up with the w7 and ported box next week.

Can't wait.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:40 PM   #2051
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
That's stereo talk, yes?

I wanted to ask how your tires are wearing with the alignment you went with.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:57 PM   #2052
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Yep. Stereo stuff. It basses pretty good now...really good. But, it's going to hit harder in week. Then I'm going to be spending all my time hunting down rattles.

Tires are fine as of now. I'm in that....dilemma.

I like how it handles now...quick...nimble.... But, I don't want to put 2,000 miles on them with this set up in a few days for a road course knowing they are going to wear down really, really quickly.

Sure, I can get new fronts for 50 a piece. But those rears? ugh...

I'm at a point where I want the rear brought up 1/2" and the alignment straightened out just a bit so the fenders don't look so bad. The only downside? Won't handle as good as it does now. And BOY does it handle well!
Old 05-04-2012, 06:01 PM   #2053
garcmol

I brought the rear up a bit as well. I'd say I've got an inch of wheel gap, maybe a little more. Has more of a raked look now (not extreme), but at the same time I bumped the Xa's in the rear to 11. Seems like it actually handles better this way.

And I smoked my Pirelli rears on a trip to Florida. Totally my fault putting off an alignment
Old 05-04-2012, 06:03 PM   #2054
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Hrm. I have no wheel gap in the back. It tucks in about an inch. Looks kinda neat. But, I hate scraping as much as I do. Don't want my exhaust bent up either. Decisions decisions...
Old 05-04-2012, 06:06 PM   #2055
garcmol

Quote:
Hrm. I have no wheel gap in the back. It tucks in about an inch. Looks kinda neat. But, I hate scraping as much as I do. Don't want my exhaust bent up either. Decisions decisions...
I never scraped with my V6 fascia on. When I got the ZL1 fascia I started scraping. Scared the hell out of me too!! It was about 3 inches, maybe, off of the ground. That's when I altered my ride height. Now it's perfect.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:15 PM   #2056
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Naw...no scraping on the front facia. Maybe if I hit a steep incline. But, I'm just talking about regular old running around town. On the highway, I'll hit a bump ...up and down...scrrrape! Depending on the severity of the bump, boy can it scrape. LOUDLY.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:52 PM   #2057
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
That's stereo talk, yes?

I wanted to ask how your tires are wearing with the alignment you went with.
Well, I checked some more.

:(

My front tires are wearing REALLY badly....and if I don't change it out soon, they are going to be done for in a matter of months.

The alignment I have is .... simply AWESOME. I LOVE how nimble the damn car is, but sheesh...it's like I'm going to have to align it for the track one way and then back the other way so I don't go through tires in 8 months.

I've got Saturday morning scheduled with Glen to lift the back a half inch and to redo the alignment. Tires will hopefully start to wear properly and no more scraping.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:58 PM   #2058
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Well, I checked some more.

My front tires are wearing REALLY badly....and if I don't change it out soon, they are going to be done for in a matter of months.

The alignment I have is .... simply AWESOME. I LOVE how nimble the damn car is, but sheesh...it's like I'm going to have to align it for the track one way and then back the other way so I don't go through tires in 8 months.

I've got Saturday morning scheduled with Glen to lift the back a half inch and to redo the alignment. Tires will hopefully start to wear properly and no more scraping.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adjustable camber plates, camarocross, cgm, cyber gray metallic, factory reproductions, hertz, jl audio, litho, pedders, rick-rolled, rodgers chevrolet, stainless works, supercars, tom henry, zl1 bumper